Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU at Delaware

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
    Relax. My colleague from Milwaukee said nothing about the Valley. Just the 'midwest'----Stig's coaching/recruiting philosophy predates SDSU's recent admission to the Valley, and includes their style of play in the Great West Conference and the D-2 days in the North Central Conference.

And, generally speaking, I don't agree with those who assert that SDSU's size is of prime importance (whether they be SDSU fans or Delaware fans). Throughout the D-1 era, SDSU has been pretty good at managing the line of scrimmage, and that's due more to discipline (IMO) and game planning than size.

The Jacks occasionally have 'brain fart' games (SIU last year, Cal-Poly the year before), where the team looks like a handful of tennis players that got a five minute briefing on what a football looks like just before the game. But the norm is that they play an exceptionally disciplined game in both the details and in the overall strategy.

If the Jacks win it will not be because of their size (IMO) it will be their ability to dictate strategy to the Blue Hens.
    I would argue that its not just the discipline but the coaching of great technique to our O and D line that has helped us be so good at line play over the years. You can be as big as a house but without good technique you might as well be 180 lbs in there.
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

There is potential that this defense can be as good as last year's. If so, why the high score predications?

SDSU is likely going to do the "same ol' same ol'". Run the ball and play defense. So the biggest ??? in the game IMO is the front line on both sides of the ball. Starting a RFr and So at the two tackles is worry-some. Having an all-american back helps, but he still needs help up front and he can't run between the tackles behind the all-american center every play. I recall a stat TV had last year that the Jacks are undefeated (or very close to) when #30 goes over 100 yards against FCS schools. Enough said.

The biggest ??? on the d-line is how much pressure they can put on the QB without bringing extra guys. They are going to need to keep the safeties in the secondary and likely float a LB back there too. Delaware is going to want to throw the ball first. Pressure the QB and get him out of a comfort zone with the front four and a loaded up secondary gives very little room to throw the ball.

Luxa must have had a good camp if he's starting over Jeske. That sounds good because I like Jeske's capabilities. However, I remember two years ago without Conrad and it makes me very nervous against a pass first team.

Hens 23 Jacks 17

Comment

To get some juices flowing...

Last edited by Oldhen; 09-10-2010, 01:17 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

..and some campus shots

Marine College...

Comment

...and one last one...

Comment

Nice pictures. Looks like a beautiful campus. Wish I could check it out this weekend.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldhen View Post

Even if Delaware loses, it's clear that you're already winners.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                  Even if Delaware loses, it's clear that you're already winners.
                  ^^^This^^^
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

My beginning of the game prediction:

We win the toss, defer to the second half.

Decent kick with average return. 3 & Out by UD after a stuffed run, incomplete pass and short run by the QB. Average punt with minimal return.

SDSU playaction pass to a deep post route and we're up 6.

That's just my humble prediction.

It's Friday and I'm ready for this game to start.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

My Cover is blown!!! Thanks for the shout out Oldhen. I'm the guy in the helmet (class of '09) and my girl friend, now wife is the blonde.

Comment

Good luck to the Jacks, Do the MVFC proud
                        BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                          Good luck to the Jacks, Do the MVFC proud
                          Thanks tj, now go beat UNI!!!! (Please, please, please, please!)
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

It got something flowing!

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              Thanks tj, now go beat UNI!!!! (Please, please, please, please!)
                              You have no Idea how bad this team wants this, I will be totally shocked if they are not more pumped this week than last. This could get epic after last years little fight, lots of friction I love it
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                                You have no Idea how bad this team wants this, I will be totally shocked if they are not more pumped this week than last. This could get epic after last years little fight, lots of friction I love it
                                A one game suspension won't help us this year, so I'd avoid that.

Comment

Working...
                                X