Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Kansas in 2012

“I
    think that everyone else wants to look at the 12 game schedule,” Weis said. “I want to look at one. I have a one game schedule and it’s South Dakota State.”
    He makes no bones about wanting to be so sharp and precise come Sept. 1 that they jump all over SDSU and allow themselves to have a little fun, let the fans have a little fun.
    Hi Jack Fans. I'm new at this but couldn't hold back to chide in. We better go in with a pitbull mentality. I don't see any respect when Coach Weis says he wants to "have a little fun, and let the fans have a little fun."

Comment

Originally posted by GhostRabbit View Post
      “I

Hi Jack Fans. I'm new at this but couldn't hold back to chide in. We better go in with a pitbull mentality. I don't see any respect when Coach Weis says he wants to "have a little fun, and let the fans have a little fun."
      Weis has never been short on "confidence," which means the Jacks have a great opportunity to serve up some humble pie... and Charlie doesn't turn down pie very often
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
        Rumor is Sumner dislocated his thumb. Anybody got any confirmation?
        I'm assuming (hoping) this isn't true since there has been no mention of it anywhere else as of yet???
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Sumner was at practice, had ice and a brace on his right hand.

Comment

Per TV:

SDSU QB Austin Sumner left practice this AM due to an undisclosed injury and was held out of PM work. But he said he plans to play at KU.
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Wow. Reciever, offensive line, running back, and now an injury at quarterback. It can't get much worse than that. Will we get shutout at KU?

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Sumner said via text message Thursday night that he is “all right” and plans to play in the Sept. 1 season opener at Kansas.

Comment

Good to hear the Sumner is OK, something to keep an eye on though.

As for Weis, in my opinion one of the most over rated offensive minds in football. I think he was a product of the New England Patriots and it has been shown that most of the Pats assistants that go out on their own fail. Weis is no exception. Notre Dame is still recovering from his era, and he was average at best at Florida. His best work is in the NFL, I think he is a play caller for professionals. He does not know how to develop talent, which is what the college game is about. Do I think the Jacks will win, probably not, but by no means should they be intimidated and have a shot to play well. To me, Weis is a small step above Tim Brewster, lots of talk, but nothing to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                    I keep forgetting the Jayhawks now have Christ at QB. They probably won't be quite the pushovers they were last year or the year before. bummer. Sounds like our D is going to be tested early.

Just playin' with ya here JF96 but if they have Christ at QB there is probably not much of anything we can do to win this one, although I would expect Him to have mercy on our D... . I hear that their playbook is composed entirely of Hail Marys and that they have completed every single one in practice. .

ba da boom

(Can you imagine how quiet and reverent it is in the huddle when Christ calls the play? Total cuss-free zone on the field would be my guess)
                    Sorry, the devil made me do this...

Comment

If the Jayhawk's quarterback and Tim Tebow were on the same team, who'd be the starter and who'd be the backup?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        If the Jayhawk's quarterback and Tim Tebow were on the same team, who'd be the starter and who'd be the backup?
                        One's a quarterback. The other's Tim Tebow.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post

Sumner said via text message Thursday night that he is “all right” and plans to play in the Sept. 1 season opener at Kansas.
                          Austin has a dislocated right thumb. I heard 2 to 4 weeks but I also heard that he thinks he will ready for KU.

Comment

Ughhhh...

Comment

As much as I would love to get an FBS win, I think it is more important that he gets that thumb healed up and ready to guide the Jacks back to the playoffs.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                As much as I would love to get an FBS win, I think it is more important that he gets that thumb healed up and ready to guide the Jacks back to the playoffs.
                                I agree. And fortunetly I think Kline is a real good backup considering what I've read about him

Comment

Working...
                                X