Caleb Thielbar etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caleb Thielbar etc...

another rough outing for Caleb the other day giving up 4 more earned runs in 1IP He did get the win though

Comment

If this has already been posted, I missed it. Caleb gets a little mention at the end of this video I noticed on the Twins web site:

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/video...77600&c_id=min
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Caleb was added to the Twins' 40-man roster today.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          That is good news, I think ultimately that was the 1 thing holding him back from a late season call up last year.

His numbers were a bit rough at the Arizona Fall League, but I don't think its too big of deal. The AzFL is a notorious hitting league.

He pitched a long season, and held up for the most part at different levels which is a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            Does it get him an invite to spring training? Or does that go without saying? The article I saw specifically mentioned one of the other players added was invited, but it didn't note that about Caleb.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              Does it get him an invite to spring training? Or does that go without saying? The article I saw specifically mentioned one of the other players added was invited, but it didn't note that about Caleb.
              It doesn't give him an automatic invite to spring training but he still should get invited though. What it does is protect him from another team selecting him in the rule 5 draft so the Twins wouldn't lose him and he will get a raise and be protected under the collective bargaining agreement and rules as he becomes a part of the Players Association while he is on the 40 man roster.

Comment

He will probably get an invite to Spring training. My understanding is that by being added to the 40 man roster you are subjected (or the team is subjected) to a minimum salary guarantee. Before this generally players are being paid 10K-15K tops in the minors plus room and board. When added to the 40 man roster you are guaranteed a minimum, in 2011 these were the prices

$414,000 minimum as a member of the 25 man roster (major league club), you would get prorated for every day you are with the team
                $67,300 minimum with at least 1 day of major league service time (1 day on the 25 man roster)
                $33,650 minimum for being on the 40 man roster.

So its a pretty decent pay raise, and if he gets called up a pretty significant one would follow. Best of luck

Comment

Nice Strib article - www.startribune.com/sports/twins/187603221.html

Comment

Caleb is signing autographs and appearing at TwinsFest this weekend at the Metrodome ---- Friday, January 25 through Sunday, January 27 he is appearing each day and signing autographs at different times go to Twins baseball.com if you want to meet up with the Jack rabbit star)I am going for sure. Jacks fan in twin cities))To Twins Go Jacks)

Comment

Mentioned as one of 13 prospects who could be seen in a Twins uniform in 2013.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.

Comment

@RhettBollinger, Twins beat writer for MLB.com, just posted on Twitter a video clip from spring training of Caleb facing Aaron Hicks in live BP. You can watch it here or on your phone if you have the Telly app installed.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

Comment

Caleb struck out the side 1-2-3 in yesterday's mlb spring training game for the Twins)

Comment

Visited with Caleb at the Jacks game in Port Charlotte last friday. He is feeling good about his chances to make the Twins this spring. Has his family at spring training with him this week. Hoping for a great outcome for a great former Jack!!!

Comment

I follow the Twins probably too much. I'd be surprised if he made the club out of camp unless an injury occurs because he is behind Duensing and Robertson. And Perkins is the closer. However if the starting staff is hurt or not ready and there is a handful of question marks, there has been rumors that they might start Duensing at least to start the season, then Thielbar would move into Duensings role as the lefty reliever compared to Robertson who is a LOOGY. Though Duensing would make a really good LOOGY as well.

If Thielbar is healthy and throwing well in AAA though I'd expect a call up, as the Twins have a large amount of who knows and injury prone guys on the staff.

Comment

Well I sure hope that Caleb doesn't let your inside knowledge of the Twins ruin his positive outlook on his chances.

Comment

Working...
                                X