Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caleb Thielbar etc...

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    This is hugely puzzling given that they have given starts to the likes of Liam Hendriks. He has been relieving at Rochester, so maybe they are waiting to trade Capps (a prospect made less likely with his recent shoulder problems) before brining Slama to the Bigs. Not exactly a spring chicken at 28.
    Slama fractured his leg when he got hit with a line drive earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Jack View Post
      You don't think the Twins will take a "chance" on someone (that someone is a leftywho throws 88-92) and has utterly bent over A and AA? I bolded things I want you to remember for the rest of your life, Boo.

I understand the process to make it to the bigs and how people don't make it. But, lets say he keeps throwing like he is...do you really think he won't get called up? My non-biased logically thinking mind is telling me yes.
      I'm not saying he won't get a shot, or that he won't make it. I was just pointing out some obstacles that are in his way. This is a guy that was pitching in the independent leagues last year at this time, so the fact that he made it this far is pretty impressive. Sounds like the Twins will call up Robertson a former 2nd round pick when they put Capps on the DL. That should help Caleb as he will become probably the premier lefty in Rochester.

I know more about the Twins minor leagues and minor league baseball than most people. I'm not saying Caleb doesn't have the stuff or won't do it. But there are obstacles in his way. For example, Tyler Robertson was a 2nd round draft pick, him and Caleb may have the same stuff, but when push comes to shove who is going to get the more chances? I hope he makes it but he does have a couple of obstacles in his way. If he keeps pitching well though he could very well get a call up.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Well, Anthony Slama has pitched 22 2/3 innings at AAA this year with a 0.40 ERA and 37 Ks to just 12 BBs and he still hasn't gotten a shot. He is a RHP, but still. Nothing is guaranteed with an organization like the Twins.
        The thing about Slama is he wasn't very impressive when in the bigs last year and at least the little I saw him I don't know how he had those stats with his stuff. He has similar stuff to Burnett who is in the bullpen for the Twins. And he can't be any worse then Gray and Burnett but it just seemed like his stuff wasn't there. I've read some reports that he is the prototypical AAAA player. The guy who is lights out at AAA but doesn't have good enough stuff in the majors.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
          This is hugely puzzling given that they have given starts to the likes of Liam Hendriks. He has been relieving at Rochester, so maybe they are waiting to trade Capps (a prospect made less likely with his recent shoulder problems) before brining Slama to the Bigs. Not exactly a spring chicken at 28.
          Well there isn't really a ton of starters in AAA for the Twins, and of all of them Hendricks is the only real prospect of the group. Cole Devries who was an un drafted player out of the University of Minnesota who has pitched for the Twins this year is probably next on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
            The thing about Slama is he wasn't very impressive when in the bigs last year and at least the little I saw him I don't know how he had those stats with his stuff. He has similar stuff to Burnett who is in the bullpen for the Twins. And he can't be any worse then Gray and Burnett but it just seemed like his stuff wasn't there. I've read some reports that he is the prototypical AAAA player. The guy who is lights out at AAA but doesn't have good enough stuff in the majors.
            Responded in the Twins thread.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Article in the St. Paul Pioneer Press about Caleb: http://blogs.twincities.com/twins/20...p-from-majors/
              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Caleb pitched again today. 2 IP no runs on no hits, 1 walk and 2 strike outs. Lowered this Triple A ERA to 1.86.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                  Caleb pitched again today. 2 IP no runs on no hits, 1 walk and 2 strike outs. Lowered this Triple A ERA to 1.86.
                  He is making the best out of being the only lefty in the pen, sounds like he should stay with Rochester when a bunch of moves are expected to be made later this week, with Capps, Pavano and Walters all possibly coming off the DL.

Comment

Give Caleb credit. He's putting up the numbers that will get somebody's attention. Would really be nice to see him in the majors. Are the Twins still in the majors? Home town kid does good. Good luck to this past Jackrabbit.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post

Comment

Caleb with another 2 scoreless innings last night and came in for the last out tonight and got the save. Lowers his Triple A ERA to 1.50 after tonight.

Comment

FWIW, Tyler Robertson, a south paw reliever, gave up the homer today in the Twins loss. He has had a few tough outings.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                          FWIW, Tyler Robertson, a south paw reliever, gave up the homer today in the Twins loss. He has had a few tough outings.
                          yeah, but from what I understand (and with the Twins it is more difficult then you think), the plan is for him to go down when Capps is reinstated, which should be shortly after the break.

check that, they sent down Waldrup.....
                          Last edited by joeboo22; 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Caleb pitched 3 scoreless last night in Rochester's 19 inning win. He had a rough week in July, but has since pitched quite well. For Rochester he has pitched in 18 games (27 innings) given up 28 hits, 10 ER, 12 BB with 22 SO, with a 3.33 ERA

Comment

Caleb gave up 2 runs pitching 1 1/3 innings on Saturday night and pitched 2 scoreless innings last night. His ERA while at Rochester sits at 3.18 in 34 innings.

I did not listen to the Jim Rantz show on Sunday, but apparently he said some really good things about Caleb and said he could be a September call-up.

Comment

There is an outside chance thielbar gets a september callup however he was selected to play in the arizona fall league which is generally considered an honor and with him being rule 5 eligible could really improve the chance of him being a major leaguer coming out of spring training next year

Comment

Working...
                                X