Caleb Thielbar etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caleb Thielbar etc...

Is Rochester (NY?) still AAA for the Orioles?

Comment

AAA for the Twins...and yes it is in NY.
      [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

And I see that Janet has already given you the driving time to Rochester!! LOL Get on it Homer..

Comment

Its being considered as we speak. Flights have been checked and I might make a NDSU-like trip up there and show off a bit

Comment

The Rochester Redwings just officially announced the move.

Comment

Ouch!!!! Partner in crime going with you or do you need some old folks to accompany you?
              Originally posted by Homer Jack View Post
              Its being considered as we speak. Flights have been checked and I might make a NDSU-like trip up there and show off a bit

Comment

Caleb made this Triple A debut tonight and continued his great pitching! 1 2/3 innings no runs on 1 hit.

Comment

Thielbar got called up to AAA and tonight went 1 and 1/3 while giving up one hit and no runs in a win for the Red Wings.
                  His four-year lower-minors stats are impressiive to this point, 13-7 record, good ERA and great WHIP, and 209 strikeouts in 209 innings. Really good numbers... problem is Twins already have two pretty good lefties in the pen.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                    Thielbar got called up to AAA and tonight went 1 and 1/3 while giving up one hit and no runs in a win for the Red Wings.
                    His four-year lower-minors stats are impressiive to this point, 13-7 record, good ERA and great WHIP, and 209 strikeouts in 209 innings. Really good numbers... problem is Twins already have two pretty good lefties in the pen.
                    That plus he is not on the 40 man roster, though I wouldn't be surprised if a few guys start getting traded in the next 4-6 weeks. If he keeps pitching well he may very well get his shot.

Comment

We'll see. He is graduating grad school soon. If he makes some more money i'll make him fund the trip. Old people??? I'd like to see you there fo sho!

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                      Ouch!!!! Partner in crime going with you or do you need some old folks to accompany you?
                      On another note, I think Caleb is in a great place. If the Twins keep tanking why wouldn't they try someone out? Much like last year, they will sit a few of their guys so they don't get injured and bring a few up. Every team does it towards the end of the season if they aren't going to make playoffs.

What I am thinking is that if Caleb keep tossing like he is, he deserves a shot. The Twins are notorious for giving people a shot at the bigs. Half of the team this year spent much time in the minors. This is a perfect situation for "The Kid."

Comment

Caleb will be our guest Friday on "Calling All Sports". Tyler Merriam will be our guest host, and he lined up the interview for us!

www.callingallsportssd.com

Comment

We'll see. He is graduating grad school soon. If he makes some more money i'll make him fund the trip. Old people??? I'd like to see you there fo sho!

On another note, I think Caleb is in a great place. If the Twins keep tanking why wouldn't they try someone out? Much like last year, they will sit a few of their guys so they don't get injured and bring a few up. Every team does it towards the end of the season if they aren't going to make playoffs.

What I am thinking is that if Caleb keep tossing like he is, he deserves a shot. The Twins are notorious for giving people a shot at the bigs. Half of the team this year spent much time in the minors. This is a perfect situation for "The Kid."
                          Well he is a lefty with a pulse so he will always get a shot. The Twins are tanking, but the 2 things against him are that the Twins already have a couple of lefties in the bullpen that I doubt they will trade, and 2 he isn't on the 40 man roster. Which means to be called up he would have to be put on the 40 man, which means someone would have to be taken off. That could happen in a trade but the Twins bullpen hasn't been terrible and I don't think he is #1,#2, or #3 in the Rochester bullpen candidates.

He did pitch well again though going 1 inning and giving up 1 hit, 1 walk and no runs. I think the one thing that will be key is if he can do it back to back or back to back to back nights. I hope he gets his chance but just because the Twins are bad doesn't mean all of AAA goes to Minnesota.

Comment

You don't think the Twins will take a "chance" on someone (that someone is a leftywho throws 88-92) and has utterly bent over A and AA? I bolded things I want you to remember for the rest of your life, Boo.

I understand the process to make it to the bigs and how people don't make it. But, lets say he keeps throwing like he is...do you really think he won't get called up? My non-biased logically thinking mind is telling me yes.

Comment

You don't think the Twins will take a "chance" on someone (that someone is a leftywho throws 88-92) and has utterly bent over A and AA? I bolded things I want you to remember for the rest of your life, Boo.

I understand the process to make it to the bigs and how people don't make it. But, lets say he keeps throwing like he is...do you really think he won't get called up? My non-biased logically thinking mind is telling me yes.
                              Well, Anthony Slama has pitched 22 2/3 innings at AAA this year with a 0.40 ERA and 37 Ks to just 12 BBs and he still hasn't gotten a shot. He is a RHP, but still. Nothing is guaranteed with an organization like the Twins.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                                Well, Anthony Slama has pitched 22 2/3 innings at AAA this year with a 0.40 ERA and 37 Ks to just 12 BBs and he still hasn't gotten a shot. He is a RHP, but still. Nothing is guaranteed with an organization like the Twins.
                                This is hugely puzzling given that they have given starts to the likes of Liam Hendriks. He has been relieving at Rochester, so maybe they are waiting to trade Capps (a prospect made less likely with his recent shoulder problems) before brining Slama to the Bigs. Not exactly a spring chicken at 28.

Comment

Working...
                                X