Men's SLT 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's SLT 2020

Historically, the #1 or #2 seeds have the lion's share of tournament championships. The past few years have seen the bison and Jackrabbits jump from the #4 seed to take the tournament. The SLT has been held in Sioux Falls since 2009. If you can recall Oakland and Keith Benson, then you can recall 2010 and 2011 when a team other than NDSU or SDSU won the tournament. It is setting up for another potential SDSU/NDSU game. It is that time for the games to begin. First column is regular season/year. 2nd column is SLT/yr.
    Summit League championships won per school[edit]
    Valparaiso 9 2003-04 8 2004
    Oral Roberts 6 2011-12 3 2008
    South Dakota State 5 2018-19 5 2018
    Missouri State 4 1989-90 2 1989
    North Dakota State 3 2014-15 4 2019
    Oakland 3 2010-11 3 2011
    Cleveland State 3 1992-93 1 1986
    Western Illinois 2 2012-13 1 1984
    Green Bay 2 1993-94 2 1994
    Purdue-Fort Wayne 1 2015-16 0 N/A
    South Dakota 1 2016-17 0 N/A
    IUPUI 1 2005-06 1 2003
    Illinois-Chicago 1 1983-84 0 N/A
    Northern Illinois 1 1990-91 0 N/A
    Southern Utah 1 2000-01 1 2001
    Eastern Illinois 0 N/A 2 1992
    Wright State 0 N/A 1 1993
    Northern Iowa 0 N/A 1 1990
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

As they say, the Jacks are basically playing with house money in Sioux Falls. They should feel only a sliver of the pressure senior-heavy NDSU and USD will be playing under. It’s hard to say how such a young team will react though.

Check out these minutes-played stats for SDSU. It’s pretty absurd.

% of total minutes played by class - all season:

Senior 9%
    Junior 16%
    Soph. 33%
    Frosh. 41%

USD and NDSU better get us now....

Comment

89038345_2616574462002033_6763101657447268352_n (1).jpg

Pomeroy rankings for a SLT Cahmpionship

Comment

Rankings are fun but I’m kinda nervous about beating USD and NDSU on back to back nights... Doug isn’t healthy, Key will probably be fine but Mims ankle will probably still be bothering him. I give us a 30% chance of winning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
          Rankings are fun but I’m kinda nervous about beating USD and NDSU on back to back nights... Doug isn’t healthy, Key will probably be fine but Mims ankle will probably still be bothering him. I give us a 30% chance of winning it.

After SDSU losing to WIU last year, that should alone make any team nervous going into the SLT. It may also bring a bit of juice for some teams to stay on their toes for all games.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Who makes the POY list? Vinnie Shahid, Douglas Wilson, Marlon Stewart, & Tyler Hagedorn should get consideration. Does Umude or Murkey make the list? Shahid and Wilson ought to make top vote due to the path to conference champions. Shahid(PG) may get the tip as he missed no games due to injury or sickness. The list for COY is a shorter list. Hendo or Hendo should be considered. The Jackrabbits should get some names on the 2nd team as well if no one joins Wilson on the first while the freshman may go to Freidel. (I am not sure if it is freshman separate from newcomer)

Comment

You'd have to put Tyson Ward on that POY list too, he does so much more than just score. I think it will go to him or Wilson with Hagedorn/Shahid closely behind. Stewart would be in the conversation if his team finished higher. He'd probably have to average 23+ per game to jump the four mentioned earlier. Murkey might have to lead the nation in scoring to pull it off!

Comment

Don't disagree with this really. However, if at the start of the year who would have given us any legit chance to win?

It's been a hell of a year no matter what happens in Sioux Falls. Winning the tourney would put a really nice topper on it for sure!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Mims will be fine come next weekend. Unless something changed. Haven't asked as of late.

Comment

Wilson has a stress fracture, per Hendo on the JSN Coaches' show. I was afraid of that . . . didn't want to type those words when I saw him reaching for his foot when he went down. Get well, young man!
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Anyone have a timetable on a stress fracture recovery? My guess is it's way longer than what we have for time, but I'm not a doctor.

Comment

Hendo said it’s playable and all about pain tolerance. Said they will probably decide Thursday.

Comment

Hendo said it’s playable and all about pain tolerance. Said they will probably decide Thursday.

OK, got it. What's the risk of further damage, and how much damage?

Comment

My guess would be he dresses for every game but doesn’t play unless it is close down the stretch. I would say best case scenario is that he doesn’t play at all Saturday plays minimal minutes Monday and kind of go for broke Tuesday and rest up as much as possible for another week before the big dance starts.

Comment

No way they can bank on resting him for the big dance. You do everything possibly to win the tourney. Then you worry about the Big Dance.

Comment

Working...
                              X