2016-17 Road to Sioux Falls SLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-17 Road to Sioux Falls SLT

It's going to be very interesting to see who gets the #1 seed tomorrow. The difference between the 1 and 2 seeds normally isn't a big deal, but this year the 2 seed could be playing a 7 seed that was in the running for the 3 seed until the last day of the regular season. You don't see that very often.

My prediction for tomorrow: Both Omaha and IUPUI beat NDSU and USD (not really upsets, Omaha is even and IUPUI is -1). SDSU and IPFW win. So, the seeds would be:

11-5 NDSU (tie broke by best RPI after ties all the way through the standings)
    11-5 USD
    9-7 Omaha
    8-8 SDSU (tie broke by best collective record between 4-7)
    8-8 IUPUI (tie broke by 2nd best collective record between 4-7, and record against USD)
    8-8 Denver (tie broke by 2nd best collective record between 4-7, and losing tie to IUPUI)
    8-8 IPFW (tie broke by worst collective record between 4-7)
    5-11 WIU

This would set up a tough matchup with IUPUI, probable matchup with NDSU in the semis, and a championship against anyone's guess. Obviously a bunch of ways this could go, but it's fun to guess, also difficult to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      It's going to be very interesting to see who gets the #1 seed tomorrow. The difference between the 1 and 2 seeds normally isn't a big deal, but this year the 2 seed could be playing a 7 seed that was in the running for the 3 seed until the last day of the regular season. You don't see that very often.

My prediction for tomorrow: Both Omaha and IUPUI beat NDSU and USD (not really upsets, Omaha is even and IUPUI is -1). SDSU and IPFW win. So, the seeds would be:

11-5 NDSU (tie broke by best RPI after ties all the way through the standings)
      11-5 USD
      9-7 Omaha
      8-8 SDSU (tie broke by best collective record between 4-7)
      8-8 IUPUI (tie broke by 2nd best collective record between 4-7, and record against USD)
      8-8 Denver (tie broke by 2nd best collective record between 4-7, and losing tie to IUPUI)
      8-8 IPFW (tie broke by worst collective record between 4-7)
      5-11 WIU

This would set up a tough matchup with IUPUI, probable matchup with NDSU in the semis, and a championship against anyone's guess. Obviously a bunch of ways this could go, but it's fun to guess, also difficult to figure out.
      I have to say, the 2 side would be a lot tougher than the 1 side, not that anyone really has an easy game this year at any point in the tournament. Even WIU as the 8 seed has a good chance of beating ndsu or usd. Personally, I like this set-up with playing IUPUI first. Definitely the team that won't be as butt-hurt against us going in (swept Fort Wayne, and a potential loss Denver won't soon forget; remember last regular season game and first tournament game for the Jacks last year? ORU didn't forget that loss and neither will Denver.) I would love to not play another Dakota school, but the chances of that are slim. This is going to be one interesting Saturday and Tournament.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The WBB game that has little impact on seeds has ORU scoring 25 in the 3rd quarter to go up 57-43. Bison played to 32 tie at half.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

There are 16 possible outcomes to the men's games today. I looked at how that would affect the standings and our seeding for the tournament. (*This does not factor in the actually likely-hood of any team winning.)
          7 seed - 31% chance
          5 seed - 25% chance
          6 seed - 19% chance
          3 seed - 13% chance
          4 seed - 13% chance

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
            There are 16 possible outcomes to the men's games today. I looked at how that would affect the standings and our seeding for the tournament. (*This does not factor in the actually likely-hood of any team winning.)
            7 seed - 31% chance
            5 seed - 25% chance
            6 seed - 19% chance
            3 seed - 13% chance
            4 seed - 13% chance
            Good work, I'm surprised at how likely the 7 seed is. Care to do this for the Women? Shouldn't be as in depth.

Comment

SDSU women are all but locked into the #3 seed if IUPUI wins today (They are up 17 in the 4th quarter). Regardless of what happens tonight with USD and WIU, per Tyler Merriam.

So that would put them against ORU at 2:30pm next Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                7 seed - 31% chance
                5 seed - 25% chance
                6 seed - 19% chance
                3 seed - 13% chance
                4 seed - 13% chance
                If the Jacks win today, they will be either the 3, 4, or 5 seed.

Comment

WIU WBB beats USD and is outright champs.

1. WIU
                  2. IUPUI
                  3. SDSU
                  4. USD
                  5. Omaha
                  6. ORU
                  7. NDSU
                  8. Denver

Matchups:

1. WIU vs. 8. Denver --- 12pm Saturday
                  2. IUPUI vs. 7. NDSU ---2:30pm Saturday
                  4. USD vs. 5. Omaha --12pm Sunday
                  3. SDSU vs. 6. ORU --2:30pm Sunday

Comment

I like it. An injury riddled ORU team and an IUPUI team that seems to perennially underachieve in the tourney.

Comment

Another technical foul called against W. Ill opponents in their "big" games ,both at home.Interesting.The game announcers kept calling the Arens sisters "Renz" .They don't have a roster in front of them?Amateurs,not prepared at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Another technical foul called against W. Ill opponents in their "big" games ,both at home.Interesting.The game announcers kept calling the Arens sisters "Renz" .They don't have a roster in front of them?Amateurs,not prepared at all.
                        I didn't see the tech but saw were shooting free throws. Still think it will be sdsu and usd in the finals. I'm just worried they aren't deep enough to win 3 games in 3 days.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          It is probably positive that the Leathernecks interrupted the South Dakota dominance of winning the regular season conference. WIU has an eight game winning streak. It might be a bigger job to replace the Jackrabbits as SLT Champs. IUPUI is not a pushover this year either. The game announcers that some of these schools have likely are a stream of newbies from year to year. I would guess they are not getting much more than minimum wage and a bag of popcorn working for some experience good or bad.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Sounds like Plitzuweit deserved the T more than AJ did. One of the WIU media people tweeted that she had been begging to get one called on her for the last few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              It is probably positive that the Leathernecks interrupted the South Dakota dominance of winning the regular season conference. WIU has an eight game winning streak. It might be a bigger job to replace the Jackrabbits as SLT Champs. IUPUI is not a pushover this year either. The game announcers that some of these schools have likely are a stream of newbies from year to year. I would guess they are not getting much more than minimum wage and a bag of popcorn working for some experience good or bad.
                              WIU has a sports journalism program, and the TV announcers are WIU students I think.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This could be the most interesting SLT ever,both mens and womens.Should really be some heated games,hotly contested to be sure.The "Denny " will be rock'n and the decibel level should be high .Expect a very high energy level from the crowd in the four semi's (mens and womens) and the finals.This should really be a fun time for everyone there.

Comment

Working...
                                X