Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-17 Road to Sioux Falls SLT

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Especially as bad as Denver/NDSU are. A session with no SD teams and two (virtually) guaranteed blowouts is not a good way to start. The Saturday men's session is a different story. There's a very real chance at least one of those evening games is going to be a nail-biter. Just look at how NDSU struggled against the 8th and 9th place teams over the past five days. I'd like to be there for every weekend game but may try to keep the peace at home as much as possible by driving up Saturday afternoon.
    To be honest, I'm satisfied with ndsu's trajectory. Their going down while we're going up! Great time for that to happen!
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Especially as bad as Denver/NDSU are. A session with no SD teams and two (virtually) guaranteed blowouts is not a good way to start. The Saturday men's session is a different story. There's a very real chance at least one of those evening games is going to be a nail-biter. Just look at how NDSU struggled against the 8th and 9th place teams over the past five days. I'd like to be there for every weekend game but may try to keep the peace at home as much as possible by driving up Saturday afternoon.
      Exactly. Going to the Old Dominion concert Friday night in Brookings. Was planning to zip down to Sioux Falls for noon games on Saturday but now I will likely check into the hotel and enjoy college Bball on television Saturday afternoon with a cold beverage and then attend the evening session Saturday.

I understand the are having Summit League Fan Fest at the arena Saturday and Sunday as well.
      http://thesummitleague.org/summitfanfest/Fan_Fest2.pdf

http://thesummitleague.org/summitfanfest/index
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        So you are saying I can sit nearly anywhere I want to sit??
        Not if its anything like Baxter Arena. Better have lower bowl tickets to sit in the lower bowl, no matter how empty the section is. haha

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          So, there is a very good chance that Saturday's afternoon session will not include either SD team. That's not good for the SL. No idea what will happen on the men's side.

I'm not sure I can get motivated enough to go watch Saturday afternoon without either SD team.
          My dad and I will probably end up going to every session again. Coming from Hot Springs and from south of Omaha, we are putting our tickets to good use and getting our money's worth.

Comment

We will more than likely go to all the games. We have since the beginning in SF. We are staying at The Sheraton the 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
              My dad and I will probably end up going to every session again. Coming from Hot Springs and from south of Omaha, we are putting our tickets to good use and getting our money's worth.
              same here. I enjoy games that don't have Dakota schools because I don't have any rooting interest. Just nice to watch some games that aren't high pressure.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                same here. I enjoy games that don't have Dakota schools because I don't have any rooting interest. Just nice to watch some games that aren't high pressure.
                Even a disengaged crowd that is 2k-5k is good for the teams that normally play in front of 300-600. Usually, there is some excitement like the year ORU was upset by Oakland or Oral Roberts upset by WIU. It was fun to see Fink lose!
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  Even a disengaged crowd that is 2k-5k is good for the teams that normally play in front of 300-600. Usually, there is some excitement like the year ORU was upset by Oakland or Oral Roberts upset by WIU. It was fun to see Fink lose!
                  Yep, often the crowd favors the underdogs in the games which usually makes a better matchup for SDSU. And its a great chance to catch up with others from the board like oldhare and mitchellrabbit and slosho to a lesser extent, just kidding.......but seriously.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

You guys are talking me into going Saturday afternoon. I'll have my wife call you if she has issues with it!

Tonight's MBB games are on ESPN3. FW at IUPUI especially has potential to be a good one and will definitely affect our seeding.

Comment

You guys are talking me into going Saturday afternoon. I'll have my wife call you if she has issues with it!

Tonight's MBB games are on ESPN3. FW at IUPUI especially has potential to be a good one and will definitely affect our seeding.
                      There is a mall in SF. Or doesnt your wife like to shop.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Yep, often the crowd favors the underdogs in the games which usually makes a better matchup for SDSU. And its a great chance to catch up with others from the board like oldhare and mitchellrabbit and slosho to a lesser extent, just kidding.......but seriously.
                        The nice thing about not playing on Saturday is leaving early to find a great place to eat in SF and meet with my kids and grandkids. Plus we can hang out longer at the bar and the Denny. You must owe me one, dont you Goon?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          The nice thing about not playing on Saturday is leaving early to find a great place to eat in SF and meet with my kids and grandkids. Plus we can hang out longer at the bar and the Denny. You must owe me one, dont you Goon?
                          Not as many as you are going to owe me! Or not, hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Yeah. I think so. Don't remember which bet I lost.

Comment

Promise her you'll go to something she might like....opera sounds good (gag)...jus try'n to help...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                                Not as many as you are going to owe me! Or not, hopefully...
                                How bout we just owe each other. That evens things out.

Comment

Working...
                                X