Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-17 Road to Sioux Falls SLT

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    Tonight's results pretty much lock the SDST women into the 3 seed.
    Never refer to us by those initials again.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
      This.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
        Indeed wrong rep pts given

Comment

Judging by the Jackrabbits results on the road against WIU and IUPUI, compared to what they did at home against the same teams. I'm feeling pretty good about the Summit League tournament, even if they are the #3.

Now, if I was one of the Thunder Pups from down South, I'd be worried...because they got manhandled last night.

Comment

Here are the current standings.

Standings.jpg

Comment

Going 0-2 on that last road trip hurt the women, but the game that will haunt them and cost them a chance to play on Saturday will be allowing Omaha to go the length of the floor to get an uncontested three at the buzzer.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD
                I really question the tie breaker procedure. When you compare us to USD the difference (assuming they somehow beat WIU) is us losing to #5 seed Omaha and them losing to #7 seed NDSU. Why does a loss to a worse team give you the better seed? That just doesn't make sense to me.
                I've always thought that "loss to lesser team = better tournament seed" was bass-ackwards too. SDSU has however benefited from it in the past (if I recall correctly) far more than it's hurt us, so there's that.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here's something to wrap your mind around: With one last win at Frost and a little luck our MBB team could end up seeded the same as our WBB team (3rd). That's something to keep in mind in some future December when this forum is completely melting down after a relatively meaningless OOC losing streak.

Comment

I think most people are missing the most important result here. It's looking like the men and women are going to be playing on the same day. 2 pre game social events back to back can get tough on a guy!

Comment

So, there is a very good chance that Saturday's afternoon session will not include either SD team. That's not good for the SL. No idea what will happen on the men's side.

I'm not sure I can get motivated enough to go watch Saturday afternoon without either SD team.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                        I think most people are missing the most important result here. It's looking like the men and women are going to be playing on the same day. 2 pre game social events back to back can get tough on a guy!
                        3 days in a row too!
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          So, there is a very good chance that Saturday's afternoon session will not include either SD team. That's not good for the SL. No idea what will happen on the men's side.

I'm not sure I can get motivated enough to go watch Saturday afternoon without either SD team.
                          So you are saying I can sit nearly anywhere I want to sit??
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            So you are saying I can sit nearly anywhere I want to sit??
                            Not promising anything.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Here's something to wrap your mind around: With one last win at Frost and a little luck our MBB team could end up seeded the same as our WBB team (3rd). That's something to keep in mind in some future December when this forum is completely melting down after a relatively meaningless OOC losing streak.
                              Two weeks ago not making the tourney was a real possibility. Now being a 3 seed is a real possibility. Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

Especially as bad as Denver/NDSU are. A session with no SD teams and two (virtually) guaranteed blowouts is not a good way to start. The Saturday men's session is a different story. There's a very real chance at least one of those evening games is going to be a nail-biter. Just look at how NDSU struggled against the 8th and 9th place teams over the past five days. I'd like to be there for every weekend game but may try to keep the peace at home as much as possible by driving up Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X