Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    I'm not to worried about IPFW this year. The Don's are terrible. They don't have a game changing player like they did last year with Seibert. Even if the Jacks don't play that great they still should win by 15-20 points.
    Every year a person on the team steps up,it was Halie Siebert filling the void left by Amanda Hyde,this year I think Rienhart (SP?)might be the go to senior who leads the way.Their recruiting seems to lag behind the top Summit teams a little.Coach Paul signs the best he can for the program I'm sure. I agree,they're struggling a lot more this year than last.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Lost his job as starting point guard to a freshman, so quit the team instead? . . . yeah, not exactly team-first, there.
      We probably shouldn't judge things to critically. Isn't this kind of the same situation that allowed the Jacks to get our starting point guard?

Who knows what actually went on behind the scenes.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        We probably shouldn't judge things to critically. Isn't this kind of the same situation that allowed the Jacks to get our starting point guard?

Who knows what actually went on behind the scenes.
        Not exactly same comparison. Marshall did lose his starting role and was a backup but when he came back from his concussion injury (cleared to play) at Wisconsin he didn't play in the next 3 games. Dupree, coming off the bench, played between 22-28 minutes. Very similar to what he was playing as a starter.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          Not exactly same comparison. Marshall did lose his starting role and was a backup but when he came back from his concussion injury (cleared to play) at Wisconsin he didn't play in the next 3 games. Dupree, coming off the bench, played between 22-28 minutes. Very similar to what he was playing as a starter.
          I could make the comparison to Gabby Boever(former starting guard) who returns a year after an injury. She develops as a bench player at a new position and she seems to have adapted to her new role quite well. She also is playing similar minutes as a reserve as she did as a starter. It seems to be an approach to team that makes the difference.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think your stats show that it is probably something more than a "selfish" attitude. But we'll never know the truth. I'm never going to fault a kid for leaving a situation that they aren't comfortable doing.

I wish him luck in his future plans, whatever those may be

Comment

IUPUI women leading UNO 38-37 at the half.

http://iupuijags.com/watch/?Live=416

Comment

MBB: NDSU beats USD 66-65.

USD missed a shot at the buzzer that was half way down. Tough luck for the Yotes.

Bison lead by as much as 16 in the second half. Yotes are 1-4 in TSL

Comment

NDSU looked like hot garbage tonight. Held on to win by 1 against USD after being up by 16. USD had a shot at the end to win that almost went in.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

NDSU really faded in the second half. Was it their new depth problem or just a bad night?

USD has to at least start worrying about making it to Sioux Falls. It's so early to have 4 losses.

Comment

• Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      NDSU really faded in the second half. Was it their new depth problem or just a bad night?

USD has to at least start worrying about making it to Sioux Falls. It's so early to have 4 losses.
                      Didn't handle full court pressure late in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                        IUPUI women leading UNO 38-37 at the half.

http://iupuijags.com/watch/?Live=416

IUPUI 75 UNO 59.

Finale of a tough 3 game stretch for UNO. IUPUI still might be the #3 team. They should be able to bounce back against Denver.

Comment

Didn't handle full court pressure late in the second half.
                          I think their new depth problem is a big reason why they couldn't handle the pressure.....they were gassed. Bison had 2 players go 40 minutes,one 37,and one 35. Werner played 25 min. It's gonna take some time to adjust to losing a player that was 3rd. on the team in minutes played.(28.1 minutes)

Comment

1/14

Men

IPFW @ SDSU- SDSU -8.5
                            ORU @ IUPUI- IUPUI -2.5
                            Denver @ WIU- WIU -5

Hopefully ORU and Western can take care of business tonight (along with the Jacks).

Women

USD @ NDSU

Comment

Found a stream so I can watch the ORU-IUPUI game. ORU plays terrible defense. Looks like they are going to have to outscore teams.

IUPUI looks like they are continuing to gain confidence. That being said, SDSU still is the class of the conference

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                That being said, SDSU still is the class of the conference
                                I have yet to see that in conference action. Now's there chance, though.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X