2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Wow. That's a brutal loss for USD W and a big opportunity for the Jacks to stay on top from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      I think Denver will be the team not to make it.
      Or Oral Roberts. Denver leading ORU 42-35 under 15 to play

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Or Oral Roberts. Denver leading ORU 42-35 under 15 to play
        Without Emegano they are beatable by anyone.

Comment

Den 78 - ORU 75, wild last minute!

Comment

more suprising...ORU's lack of success or the fact Denver almost scored 80 points?
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              more suprising...ORU's lack of success or the fact Denver almost scored 80 points?
              Some of ORU problem may be the defense if the Pioneers tear them for 78. USD and IPFW scored 94 and 90 against ORU.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Denver scored 78? How many overtimes did that one go?

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                  Denver scored 78? How many overtimes did that one go?

SUPERBUNNY
                  If Denver's hitting 3's they will put up some points.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

ORU men (and their 7-game losing streak) now get a visit from NDSU, followed by two road games and then a visit from SDSU. They could very easily lose three of those and be fighting to avoid a 9th place finish.

On the men's side tonight we have:

SDSU (-6.5) at IUPUI. The Jacks have to pick it up tonight because there won't be 2,500 fans there to get them energized. Any road game where we are missing one of the starting seniors is far from a sure win. Hopefully the shooting struggles start to improve tonight.

Omaha is at NDSU (-6). Omaha is sitting at 10-6 and has a chance to make a statement. NDSU has an even longer home winning streak than SDSU. I don't think it ends tonight.

On the women's side:

UNO at SDSU: It's hard to believe there are only two teams left without a Summit loss. Only one will be standing at the end of the night. UNO is coming off of two comfortable home wins (NDSU and WIU). The Jacks should just need to play decent to get this one.

NDSU at Denver: The battle for the bottom.

WIU at FW: The battle for turf in the indistinguishable lower half of the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      ORU men (and their 7-game losing streak) now get a visit from NDSU, followed by two road games and then a visit from SDSU. They could very easily lose three of those and be fighting to avoid a 9th place finish.

On the men's side tonight we have:

SDSU (-6.5) at IUPUI. The Jacks have to pick it up tonight because there won't be 2,500 fans there to get them energized. Any road game where we are missing one of the starting seniors is far from a sure win. Hopefully the shooting struggles start to improve tonight.

Omaha is at NDSU (-6). Omaha is sitting at 10-6 and has a chance to make a statement. NDSU has an even longer home winning streak than SDSU. I don't think it ends tonight.

On the women's side:

UNO at SDSU: It's hard to believe there are only two teams left without a Summit loss. Only one will be standing at the end of the night. UNO is coming off of two comfortable home wins (NDSU and WIU). The Jacks should just need to play decent to get this one.

NDSU at Denver: The battle for the bottom.

WIU at FW: The battle for turf in the indistinguishable lower half of the pack.
                      I like that ,"turf wars". Gives the game a kind of added dimension, significance I think, a very intriguing , catchy symbolism of the struggles to gain respect.Stay off my turf mentality,so to speak.

Comment

MBB: Omaha 43, NDSU 30. Halftime.

Omaha lead by as much as 20. Interesting second half coming in Fargo.

Comment

Bison down 20 with 10:31 left.

Omaha is a definite SL threat. They'll be 3-0 with a trip to USD on Saturday if they can finish this off.

Comment

Omaha beats NDSU 91-82. Bison 31 game home winning streak is snapped.

UNO is 3-0 and at USD on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              Omaha beats NDSU 91-82. Bison 31 game home winning streak is snapped.

UNO is 3-0 and at USD on Saturday
                              Very impressed with Omaha, have good speed and length. Patterson is certainly a player. Made a pretty good defensive NDSU team look silly. Will be dangerous at Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonBohl View Post
                                Very impressed with Omaha, have good speed and length. Patterson is certainly a player. Made a pretty good defensive NDSU team look silly. Will be dangerous at Sioux Falls.
                                Here's an honest question. Based on what we have seen so far, which men's team won't be dangerous in Sioux Falls? I don't recall another year where at least one team had not shown up as an obvious bottom-feeder by mid-January. The race to avoid 9th will probably be as interesting as the race for first.

Right now WIU and ORU are winless and stuck at the bottom, but there's no doubt that either team has the talent to make it to at least the semi-finals in Sioux Falls(if healthy). We could easily see a 1/8 or 2/7 upset at the tournament this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X