Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 Women's Mid-Major Poll

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    And a win over an AP/Coaches top 25 should move Jacks up. Especially if win at UWGB and Ball St.

What a great game vs DePaul.
    Bowling Green

Comment

SDSU remains at #7 in the college insider poll. USD moved up to #21 while IUPUI is receiving 8 votes.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php

SDSU stayed at #2 in ESPN's top 10 mid-major poll (Green Bay #1). USD comes in at #9

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...major-rankings

Comment

SDSU cracks into the top 5 coming in at #4.
        USD remained at #21.
        IUPUI received 1 vote

I would like to think that the Jacks will receive votes in the coaches poll if they beat Denver and NDSU on the road this week. They have to be right on the fringe along with Green Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
          SDSU cracks into the top 5 coming in at #4.
          USD remained at #21.
          IUPUI received 1 vote

I would like to think that the Jacks will receive votes in the coaches poll if they beat Denver and NDSU on the road this week. They have to be right on the fringe along with Green Bay.
          Your Genie wish comes through, as Jacks get 4 votes in AP poll, or 35th among pollsters. UWGB with 2. Creme's Bracketology has Jacks to a 10 seed.

Comment

Your Genie wish comes through, as Jacks get 4 votes in AP poll, or 35th among pollsters. UWGB with 2. Creme's Bracketology has Jacks to a 10 seed.
            Seems odd that he wouldn't have us seeded in the Sioux Falls bracket, but maybe since that isn't our campus that doesn't matter?

Comment

Wow, I thought the GB loss (as good as they are) might have been enough to keep us out this year. It's neat to see SDSU back on the list after a long absence. Now if the team can just avoid a slip-up and actually end up with something better than a 13-seed.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                Seems odd that he wouldn't have us seeded in the Sioux Falls bracket, but maybe since that isn't our campus that doesn't matter?
                He had the Jacks in the Sioux Falls region as a 12 seed in his early November pre-season brackets.

Comment

I like a #12 seed better than #10 for advancing to the sweet 16 and on to a regional site. A # 10 seed is better for a first round game,but the winner of that contest between 10 vs 7 goes on to play winner of 2 vs 15 (NO 15 HAS EVER BEAT A 2 SEED).

If the Jacks got a 12 seed,their first rd game would be a little tougher vs a #5 seed,but the game to advance to the sweet 16 would be a lot easier facing a #4 seed rather than having to face a #2 seed
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-05-2016, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I like a #11 seed better than #10 for advancing to the sweet 16 and on to a regional site. A # 10 seed is better for a first round game,but the winner of that contest between 10 vs 7 goes on to play winner of 2 vs 15 (NO 15 HAS EVER BEAT A 2 SEED).

If the Jacks got a 11 seed,their first rd game would be a little tougher vs a #5 seed,but the game to advance to the sweet 16 would be a lot easier facing a #4 seed rather than having to face a #2 seed
                    Agreed, I was just thinking about that.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      I like a #11 seed better than #10 for advancing to the sweet 16 and on to a regional site. A # 10 seed is better for a first round game,but the winner of that contest between 10 vs 7 goes on to play winner of 2 vs 15 (NO 15 HAS EVER BEAT A 2 SEED).

If the Jacks got a 11 seed,their first rd game would be a little tougher vs a #5 seed,but the game to advance to the sweet 16 would be a lot easier facing a #4 seed rather than having to face a #2 seed
                      I think you got this a little bit messed up. A few of 15s have beaten 2s, but no 16 has ever beaten a 1. [EDIT: DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS A WBB THREAD, THE REST IS CORRECT THOUGH] If the Jacks got an 11 seed, their first round game would be against a 6 not a 5, and their next game would be against a 3 seed, not a 2 seed.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        I think you got this a little bit messed up. A few of 15s have beaten 2s, but no 16 has ever beaten a 1.
                        I don't think that's right in the women's tourney. I've looked it up before and a 16 seed upset a 1 once and a 15 has never beaten a 2.

On the men's side it's what you've stated above however.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          I don't think that's right in the women's tourney. I've looked it up before and a 16 seed upset a 1 once and a 15 has never beaten a 2.

On the men's side it's what you've stated above however.
                          Yeah, I just realized that and edited it in. The rest of the seeding stuff is correct, though.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            I think you got this a little bit messed up. A few of 15s have beaten 2s, but no 16 has ever beaten a 1. [EDIT: DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS A WBB THREAD, THE REST IS CORRECT THOUGH] If the Jacks got an 11 seed, their first round game would be against a 6 not a 5, and their next game would be against a 3 seed, not a 2 seed.
                            You are correct,should have looked at a bracket first,...guess I meant the #12 seed would be better than a #10 seed for advancing to the regional. A # 12 would face a #5 in the first round and a (probably,barring an upset) #4 seed to advance to the regional site. A # 10 seed would have to face a #2 seed in a second round game. As you pointed out,I think an 11 seed is even better than a 10 seed.I think they try and balance the regions as well as they can.Fixed my original post.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-05-2016, 03:03 AM.

Comment

There is no change for the Jackrabbits as they stay #4 for the week. The Coyotes move from #21 to #18. IUPUI has no votes for the week with the loss to ORU.

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                There is no change for the Jackrabbits as they stay #4 for the week. The Coyotes move from #21 to #18. IUPUI has no votes for the week with the loss to ORU.

The WCC has 4 teams in the top 9 and 5 in the top 16. That is pretty impressive or it's just west coast bias! (sarcasm)

It looks like there is a bit of a gap between 4th and 5th.

Comment

Working...
                                X