Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015-2016 Women's Mid-Major Poll

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Minutes per game, last season, Jackrabbit WBB team (by top scoring average):
    9 players, 10 minutes or more per game average.
    8 players, 15 minutes or more per game average.
    5 players, 20 minutes or more per game average.

This season:
    8 players, 10 minutes or more per game average.
    8 players, 15 minutes or more per game average.
    6 players, 20 minutes or more per game average.

I guess I don't see a huge difference in the rotation, as expressed in minutes played per game, between last year and this year in terms of minutes played.

The leading scorer this year, Miller, is at 17.5 ppt vs. Waytashek last year at 14.1, so this team might possibly be a bit more "star-oriented" than last year's team was. Miller is the 30 minutes-per-game player. Having a go-to no-doubt "this-is-our-star-player" is not necessarily either a good thing or a bad thing, but is sort of new territory for recent SDSU women's basketball.
    Looking at the numbers does put the comparison between the two seasons more in perspective,thanks Filbert for looking them up.We seem to be about the same for giving out minutes to the bench,maybe even a little better this year .

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
      I don't know, I look at Boever and when she comes in I expect her to score. Any points from Chloe for me are pure bonus as it is her tenacity on D that makes her so valuable and her scoring is up this year, if I am not mistaken. Lexie is getting better and better. We have a solid 8 that are very good. The next few off the bench may not get as many minutes as past bench players, but that may have something to do with the players on the floor are earning more minutes and it is hard to sit them down. I really feel that the team we have this year is good, bordering on VERY good and honestly the Jacks are young. As strong as we are this year, I think next year is the one that is going to be special. Just my opinion.
      I never meant to imply that the bench isn't making a good contribution. And Gabby, Chloe and Lexi can and have hit big shots including 3's. What I said was the number of points coming off the bench is not as great as it has been in the past. 21% of the Jacks points come from bench players compared to 22% last year and 40 and 35% in the two seasons before that. But the 3 guards coming off the bench certainly turn up the defensive pressure when are in the game.

Comment

Here is another story on how life is not always fair.
        http://sports.yahoo.com/news/where-g...87--ncaaw.html
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

SDSU loses 2 votes in the AP Poll. The Jacks are now receiving 2 votes.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            SDSU loses 2 votes in the AP Poll. The Jacks are now receiving 2 votes.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1
            They probably think we should be blowing out our weak teams in the conference,votes are all about what the voter perceives to be the truth about the teams,if they aren't impressed enough ,they throw their vote elsewhere.

It's a long season yet and the important thing really is the win/loss record I think.That's a stat that can't be argued with, it's factual.They can dismiss the competition level, but in the long run a lot of wins cannot be denied as a positive accomplishment and will be given some consideration and weight.

Quite a few upsets come during conference play,because the teams are so familiar with each others strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              They probably think we should be blowing out our weak teams in the conference,votes are all about what the voter perceives to be the truth about the teams,if they aren't impressed enough ,they throw their vote elsewhere.It's a long season yet and the important thing really is the win/loss record I think.That's a stat that can't be argued with,it's factual.They can berate the competition level,but a lot of wins won't be denied.
              DePaul, who is our best win and was ranked #16 at the time, has gone into a bit of a tailspin, and is no longer in the top 25. That may be hurting the Jacks cause some.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                DePaul, who is our best win and was ranked #16 at the time, has gone into a bit of a tailspin, and is no longer in the top 25. That may be hurting the Jacks cause some.
                I might add Arkansas , Marist ,UNI, Pittsburgh ,the others ,teams we thought would bolster our cause who haven't been winning enough.Creighton has lost too much this year too.The teams we lost to are doing well,UWGB,ND,and Maryland...but we lost to them,so no help there.

Comment

SDSU moved up to #3.
                  USD dropped 1 spot to #19.
                  The rest of the Summit is no where to be found.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php

Comment

SDSU picked up a vote in the Coaches Poll in addition to the AP Poll.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

Comment

Quick note. Arkansas womens basketball,who we defeated earlier this year, just beat a ranked #13 Tennessee Vols team tonight.Should help out our WBB team RPI just a little bit. Arkansas also beat a ranked Texas A&M team also ranked #13 earlier.Way to go Hogs,get more upset wins.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-14-2016, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Quick note. Arkansas womens basketball,who we defeated earlier this year, just beat a ranked Tennessee Vols team tonight.Should help out our WBB team RPI just a little bit.Way to go Hogs.
                        Good win for coach Dykes. They have had a rough season so far. Hopefully that turns them around.

Comment

The Jackrabbits fall to #8 this week. USD stays at #19. IUPUI is getting 2 votes. Green Bay sits at #1 this week.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            The Jackrabbits fall to #8 this week. USD stays at #19. IUPUI is getting 2 votes. Green Bay sits at #1 this week.
                            Kind of expected this, other teams are playing better than us and we lost at home.

Comment

The Jackrabbits stay at #8 and the Coyotes stay at #19. IUPUI fades from the voting. Green Bay stays at #1.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                The Jackrabbits stay at #8 and the Coyotes stay at #19. IUPUI fades from the voting. Green Bay stays at #1.
                                It's going to be tough for the SDSU women to move up until they play the Yotes in Vermillion. I am surprised to see USD at #19. They should be in the top 15. Princeton (11-4) is a little high for me at #6. The only have played 15 games compared to the Jacks (16-4) at 20 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X