Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Originally posted by goon View Post
    So how do we sit with potential tiebreakers? I know the last few games will determine some of that but overall were are we with the tiebreaker kicking in if anyone knows.
    If we both win out it comes down to where USD and Denver finish. We would win tiebreaker if USD finishes higher in the standings than Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      If we both win out it comes down to where USD and Denver finish. We would win tiebreaker if USD finishes higher in the standings than Denver.
      Yep. Although it's mathematically possible for Denver to pass USD, it's very unlikely.

Current situation:
      Code:
      	NDSU	SDSU
      3/4 	2-1	1-1	ORU/IPFW	7-5
      5	1-1	1-0	USD		7-6
      6	1-0	2-0	IUPUI		5-7
      7	2-0	1-1	DU		4-8
      8	2-0	1-0	WIU		3-9
      9	2-0	2-0	UNO		3-10
      Last edited by Hammersmith; 02-17-2015, 04:48 PM. Reason: fixed

Comment

In all this...lest anyone forget...we still have to go down and play in the **** dump.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          In all this...lest anyone forget...we still have to go down and play in the **** dump.
          We will see how big of a game that will be after NDSU plays IPFW in Fargo Saturday. That game wont even matter (standings wise) if SDSU handles business this week and gets a little help from the Jags and/or Dons.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
            Again, this is your board, and I realize that. I also realize that the Dome isn't exactly a Mecca to play collegiate basketball. But fortunately for you, you only have two more games in it before we transition to a gorgeous facility that will be one of the nicest in the region. The bad news for you, and USD, is that we still have to play in what is a fan unfriendly crap house called Frost for years to come. You can brag all you want, but I'm not sure what's worse Frost or the Dome? But i do know that our new arena will be the showcase of the the Dakotas for years to come. In our last meeting in first earlier this year, not only is it uncomfortable, but the sight lines suck. It's non fan friendly, limited concessions, and limited bathroom.

So go ahead and bash the Dome, it's fair game for this year and next, but then realize YOU will be the one sitting in the **** hole game after game.

Secondly, with the assistance of one if your former stars, USD is on the verge of building an annual contender. This staff is winning with guys that have no business being anywhere but about last,but Coach Smith and staff are the real deal, and will contend for the title year in and year out. I also believe that SDSU will maintain their competitive status, and that the future is bright for hotly contested games in the future, just as it is in women's play now.

Recruiting to a new arena, along with a top drawer staff, and even you have to admit things have changed fairly quickly. And I will compliment you on Coach Hansen, he's a fine young man. You all did well raising him. And now that he sees the light ( a red one ), he can flourish. Our head coach won't hold him back.

Win or lose, I'm looking forward to the 28th. Congrats on your teams performance thus far. They are fun to watch when they play hard. I think it might be a good game in a few days. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              Again, this is your board, and I realize that. I also realize that the Dome isn't exactly a Mecca to play collegiate basketball. But fortunately for you, you only have two more games in it before we transition to a gorgeous facility that will be one of the nicest in the region. The bad news for you, and USD, is that we still have to play in what is a fan unfriendly crap house called Frost for years to come. You can brag all you want, but I'm not sure what's worse Frost or the Dome? But i do know that our new arena will be the showcase of the the Dakotas for years to come. In our last meeting in first earlier this year, not only is it uncomfortable, but the sight lines suck. It's non fan friendly, limited concessions, and limited bathroom.

So go ahead and bash the Dome, it's fair game for this year and next, but then realize YOU will be the one sitting in the **** hole game after game.

Secondly, with the assistance of one if your former stars, USD is on the verge of building an annual contender. This staff is winning with guys that have no business being anywhere but about last,but Coach Smith and staff are the real deal, and will contend for the title year in and year out. I also believe that SDSU will maintain their competitive status, and that the future is bright for hotly contested games in the future, just as it is in women's play now.

Recruiting to a new arena, along with a top drawer staff, and even you have to admit things have changed fairly quickly. And I will compliment you on Coach Hansen, he's a fine young man. You all did well raising him. And now that he sees the light ( a red one ), he can flourish. Our head coach won't hold him back.

Win or lose, I'm looking forward to the 28th. Congrats on your teams performance thus far. They are fun to watch when they play hard. I think it might be a good game in a few days. Who knows?
              Strictly from the rumor mill Frost renovation is moving up on the project board. I don't think we will be left behind on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Strictly from the rumor mill Frost renovation is moving up on the project board. I don't think we will be left behind on this matter.
                This.

Comment

Frost is a pretty good place to play/watch basketball even with it's current issues, which will be addressed soon.

There is still a huge advantage Frost will possess over whatever venue USD calls home: Fans
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

I would not be shocked to see UND throw a bunch of money at Craig Smith and lure him back to his alma mater. Local boy coming home angle, is tough to pass up.

Comment

You can brag all you want, but I'm not sure what's worse Frost or the Dome?
                      I stopped reading after that sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                        I would not be shocked to see UND throw a bunch of money at Craig Smith and lure him back to his alma mater. Local boy coming home angle, is tough to pass up.
                        Is Brian Jones on his way out? I know I am dragging the thread off topic with this twist but its newsworthy. Craig seems to be in the drivers seat right now. A move like this would mean he would probably take his little bald friend (A. Hansen)with him.

Comment

You can brag all you want, but I'm not sure what's worse Frost or the Dome?
                          And that's how you immediately lose credibility. I've been to five or six games at the dome over the past three years and don't know how anyone could make this statement with a straight face.

Comment

So if we are going by the argument that a new stadium means having best basketball team/program, then by keeping the Dome for football, that means USD's football team will continue to be a piece of crap, in the dumps program.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
                              So if we are going by the argument that a new stadium means having best basketball team/program, then by keeping the Dome for football, that means USD's football team will continue to be a piece of crap, in the dumps program.
                              Well, to be completely fair there are a lot of people on this board who think we are automatically going to take the next step just because we are getting a new football stadium.

Comment

Very true, but a new stadium doesn't guarantee anything. I've been in Cameron Indoor stadium at Duke (although not for a game), but it has no amenities, its small, very cramped....and they seem to be doing OK because they have one of the greatest coaches off all time. If USD becomes a top program in the Summit its because of their coach not where they play.

Comment

Working...
                                X