Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit OOC

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    They look a long way from being ready to challenge the Jacks for a title. I'm sure they'll come around some eventually. The IUPUI women, on the other hand, are 3-1 with wins over Valpo, MO State, and Belmont.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Most Summit teams seem to have the scoring drought bug,and they play well for parts of a game but then can't hit the broad side of the barn.USD had Nationally ranked Iowa State University in a tizzy for 3/4 of the game,enough so that the crowd errupted in wild cheer when they finaly recaptured the lead.Then it happened again,they couldn't score for awhile and ISU continued to forge ahead.Playing neck and neck with them and having a lead for 3/4 of the game shows they are capable ,just lack something to maintain that output for an entire game.Maybe they just get tired,either mentaly or physicaly,or both.

Hope we don't catch this bug,and pick up other bad habits, playing in the Summit when conference season begins because we are playing so well and scoring consistently right now in the OOC portion of our schedule.Maybe I worry too much.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-23-2013, 11:05 AM.

Comment

OOC women games: UNO beats Arkansas-Pine Bluff by 28. NDSU loses to U of Milwaukee 76-64. Loyola Chicago beats WIU 89-79. UIPUI is second Summit team to beat Chicago St(WAC) in a week 68-47.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

UNO men fall to Drake 88-80. They have played close to Iowa & UNLV in their other losses.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

NDSU plays at UND today at 5. Midco is broadcasting the game. It should be a heck of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
            NDSU plays at UND today at 5. Midco is broadcasting the game. It should be a whale of a game.
            fify

Comment

NDSU and UND battling on Midco now. UND leads 44-35 at the half. Four of NDSU's starters have 2 fouls. That could be a big problem late in the the game. Eleven players got on the court for ND in that first half. Could you imagine that ever happening for SDSU, even in a blowout?

UND is athletic and has some very quick guards that are going to be a handful for us on Dec 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                NDSU and UND battling on Midco now. UND leads 44-35 at the half. Four of NDSU's starters have 2 fouls. That could be a big problem late in the the game. Eleven players got on the court for ND in that first half. Could you imagine that ever happening for SDSU, even in a blowout?

UND is athletic and has some very quick guards that are going to be a handful for us on Dec 21.
                Bisonville might shut down if that holds. I'm going to head over and enjoy the fun, even though I hope NDSU pulls it out.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

USD women 74 Boise St 61 Seekamp has good game shooting 10-19 and 3-3 ft.

Denver women(1-4) 69 Montana St 89

Comment

UND leading NDSU by 19 with under a minute and a half left.
                    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Final 95-77 UND.
                      An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                      US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                        UND leading NDSU by 19 with under a minute and a half left.
                        Another loss for the SL! The SL might be one of the bottom 5 conferences in D1....Not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

NDSU did not look good at all, nothing looked special about them this game, a lot can change though I guess.....also, UND is going to hang a 100+ on us unless we start playing defense in the next month leading up to the game. I also agree about the Summit, the conference is not looking real good right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                            NDSU did not look good at all, nothing looked special about them this game, a lot can change though I guess.....also, UND is going to hang a 100+ on us unless we start playing defense in the next month leading up to the game. I also agree about the Summit, the conference is not looking real good right now.
                            I'd say that Braun looked pretty special (34 points), but the rest were underwhelming. Thier vaunted defense just gave up 95 points to a mid-major team. In spite of the hype, NDSU is not even the best team in North Dakota.

UND, on the other hand, was very impressive. I'm glad we have four more weeks to work things out before we have to travel up to play them. We'll need all of it. That's a good team.

Comment

WIU women lose third in a row to Eastern Ill(OVC). 68-64 and the Leathernecks had 4 starters with 33+ minutes each.

Comment

UNO men win at S Carolina St in front of 197 fans by score of 83-67. IUPUI goes to 1-5 losing at Missouri. Yotes win first game at Texas St 57-56.

Comment

Working...
                                X