Summit at the Falls 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit at the Falls 2013

The good thing is that tickets have been sold. There may be a few yote fans who will stay home. Look for the gap in the center of section O.
    Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I believe ND and SD are about the only two states left who do this and your reason you mentioned for doing is a valid one. One and done is the rule larger states such as IL, and OH and provides an incentive IMO. It works for the SL and sure USD is done and ticket sales will no doubt suffer.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Saturday's games popped up on the DirecTV online guide sometime yesterday afternoon--I think it was 626 or 628 or something like that. DirecTV isn't very prompt about updating their schedule with Fox College Sports events.

Upon further review: DirecTV 623 is where they are today (Saturday) according to the confirmation-to-record e-mail I have. Unfortunately, it's listed two ways--as Summit League and as Sun Belt. We'll see which one actually gets recorded back home.
      When I was in search of the games Buffalo Wild Wings here in Michigan tried that channel and it said it was blacked out for this area, strange seeings how Oakland was playing. My brother texted me and said at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Sioux City couldnt get the games either. Buffalo Wild Wings uses Direct TV. But a big thank you to Midco for coming through with a free internet feed. hopefully it works today and tommorrow.

Comment

Weather and roads suck this way. Was hoping to watch some more bb today but guess i will rest up for the next 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          The good thing is that tickets have been sold. There may be a few yote fans who will stay home. Look for the gap in the center of section O.
          After sitting yesterday in what I assumed were NDSU seats in Section C, the open seats in Section O will be a convenience to come down to from the upper seats in N.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

There were a bunch of open seats in rows 1-7 of Section P last night too. We were in row 8 and it was odd seeing all those open seats right in front of us. Come on down if they are open Monday!

Comment

Some of my random thoughts from yesterday in SF:

- SDSU women and men both obviously need to play better Monday or they could both be going home. I think they will.

- USD's team gutted out quite a battle. They deserved MUCH better fan support, both in terms of numbers and noise. So much for talk about USD having a "home court advantage" in Sioux Falls. Their team fought hard though.

- I sure hope Parks can play some on Monday. They will be a long-shot without him.

- WIU's students are going to be hard to top. Can we pay some of them to transfer?

- I hope teams that get sent home today (I'm looking at you KC) will turn in their tickets so that they can be used by locals on Monday. Empty seats in a sold-out arena are frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Some of my random thoughts from yesterday in SF:

- SDSU women and men both obviously need to play better Monday or they could both be going home. I think they will.

- USD's team gutted out quite a battle. They deserved MUCH better fan support, both in terms of numbers and noise. So much for talk about USD having a "home court advantage" in Sioux Falls. Their team fought hard though.

- I sure hope Parks can play some on Monday. They will be a long-shot without him.

- WIU's students are going to be hard to top. Can we pay some of them to transfer?

- I hope teams that get sent home today (I'm looking at you KC) will turn in their tickets so that they can be used by locals on Monday. Empty seats in a sold-out arena are frustrating.
                The Jack teams picked good games to play so-so.

USD's fan support was pathetic. The Yotes played ok. While i haven't been impressed with WIU as most this year,they are a different team without Parks, Bison will roll them.

Comment

I think we can cut USD fans a little slack in their first appearance. A talked to a few that thought they could walk up on Saturday to buy single game tickets.

I tried to correct that belief by telling them that was not a feasable option and that all session passes are the way to go. Don't know whether that clicked with them or not. Next year will tell whether the USD fan base has learned how this tournament works.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    There were a bunch of open seats in rows 1-7 of Section P last night too. We were in row 8 and it was odd seeing all those open seats right in front of us. Come on down if they are open Monday!
                    turning green today.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                      I think we can cut USD fans a little slack in their first appearance. A talked to a few that thought they could walk up on Saturday to buy single game tickets.

I tried to correct that belief by telling them that was not a feasable option and that all session passes are the way to go. Don't know whether that clicked with them or not. Next year will tell whether the USD fan base has learned how this tournament works.
                      Let's see how many USD fans show up this afternoon - not being able to get tickets isn't a valid excuse today.

Comment

IPFW-WIU women's game can got to 4 OT's for I care!! Good game...neither team plays defense though.
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          IPFW-WIU women's game can got to 4 OT's for I care!! Good game...neither team plays defense though.
                          More OT's with a WIU win would be nice. We handled WIU pretty well - including a 35 point win.

Comment

apparantly Midco isn't going to let us watch today. maybe usd game but doubt it. The Summit League Tournament, National tv coverage seen by nobody.

Comment

wonder what the Summit League record is for combined score in a womens tournament game?

Comment

Regardless of who wins,this puts them at a disadvantage tomorrow. Not only physically because of playing extra minutes , but an emotional win like this one often drains a team mentally , making it hard not to come out flat less than 24 hours later.

Comment

Working...
                                X