Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SF Arena gets a new floor in time for Summit League Tourney

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
    I like the dark stain color on the trim. They should have used that for the key, too.
    I agree.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That darker stain inside the 3 point line would have been really sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Women's college 3 point line is same as high school. Only men's changed.
        Not since 2011. Same time that they added the restricted area for both men and women.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/2011-0...-rules-changes

Comment

Not since 2011. Same time that they added the restricted area for both men and women.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/2011-0...-rules-changes
          My daughter corrected me when I asked her. I totally missed that change.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            My daughter corrected me when I asked her. I totally missed that change.
            Does Frost still have the shorter line? I think it does...

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Next week the AA play in the Arena. I am not sure if they pull it before.
              The AA will play on the new floor

Comment

The only thing I don't like about a new floor, is that it's so close to tournament time. What if there are dead spots that make the court unplayable? (maybe this doesn't happen?) It's to late to fix anything like that.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Some times with basketball courts less is often more. This court is better then the teal for sure. A stain color for paint but its good. The oregon court is the worst court in the history of sports. Dukes court is a classic design. I just really hate how big center court logos are now adays. I hate kansas and well any court that if you take a deep 3 and are standing on the center court logo its to big.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Some times with basketball courts less is often more. This court is better then the teal for sure. A stain color for paint but its good. The oregon court is the worst court in the history of sports. Dukes court is a classic design. I just really hate how big center court logos are now adays. I hate kansas and well any court that if you take a deep 3 and are standing on the center court logo its to big.
                    Oregon should just have actual trees on their court. Or cover it in chrome, neon green, and yellow that glows brightly in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      The only thing I don't like about a new floor, is that it's so close to tournament time. What if there are dead spots that make the court unplayable? (maybe this doesn't happen?) It's to late to fix anything like that.
                      I would imagine they tested it before sending it to Sioux Falls but what do I know about courts? Nothing
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        All of the NCAA final four courts are used for the first time during the tournament. Not an issue.

Short news video on last years final four court being made.
                        http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/video.../1531130557001
                        Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 03-07-2013, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Everything about Duke sucks.

edit: I like the new arena floor a lot.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Oregon should just have actual trees on their court. Or cover it in chrome, neon green, and yellow that glows brightly in the dark.
                            Sounds reasonable. It is Oregon.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

my only concern is that SDSU women have never lost a game on the old court. while the men have a winning record on it. hope they both go udefeated on the new court now.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

my only concern is that SDSU women have never lost a game on the old court. while the men have a winning record on it. hope they both go udefeated on the new court now.
                                "Very superstitious, the writing's on the wall"
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X