X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Arena gets a new floor in time for Summit League Tourney

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...l-court-design

Re: SF Arena gets a new floor in time for Summit League Tourney

I like the simple and modern look. This will look much better on TV then the current teal and black floor from 1992.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      I like the simple and modern look. This will look much better on TV then the current teal and black floor from 1992.
      Agreed, it looks really good.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I wonder how rough this drawing is? The X and F in Sioux Falls look to be very near or covered by basket supports. Pretty awesome advertising for the Summit League to have this as the court in the new events center.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Not a big fan of the Oregon type floors but a LITTLE flair would be okay. This new floor is pretty boring, no???

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
            Not a big fan of the Oregon type floors but a LITTLE flair would be okay. This new floor is pretty boring, no???
            Agreed - that was my initial reaction when I saw it.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
              I have never and never will attend an event because the field or court had "flair" or wasn't boring. I go to watch the players and the teams not to see the floor. So, I prefer not to be distracted by bright colors or decals and I certainly don't want the players getting injured because someone was trying to increase the "flair". I'm a grumpy old man, however, and I understand today's youngsters are less about substance and more into fluff or flair if you prefer.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think we can all agree the basketball is the most important part of going to a game! Who on earth attends a basketball game because of the floor? lol That is ridiculous. I thought this thread was to discuss the new summit league floor. My opinion was that a little color wouldn’t hurt. Did someone pee in your coffee today Jack??? If you don't care about basketball floors and are disgruntled with us youngins that do why bother posting on this topic???? Try and have a good day.

Comment

That floor is exhaustively boring. What's wrong with having a nice floor that isn't boring. PS: I actually like Oregons floor. Original
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Are the Skyforce intended to play in the new arena? I would think that the money to develop a floor design would be a small cost in the total spent for the project. It would need to be universal for the number of events that could come to town which is why it is more vanilla that blueberry cheesecake with drizzles of chocolate and sprinklies.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I think they should make the Summit logo larger, change the color of Sioux Falls making it brighter and I like the floors that have a lighter colored wood inside the 3 point line. Keep it somewhat understated but upgrade from the prototype they have. It's about a boring a college court as I've seen. Small logo, little color and the wood appears to be the same stain throughout. Very boring. It needs some pizazz! And don't worry Jack - no players are going to get hurt if the floor has a little more color. lol

Comment

Skyforce are going to the Sanford facility, my guess is the floor will go with them? or this floor will go to the new arena and the old one will be redone and stay in the old arena? just a guess

I'm guessing there will be a few advertisements added to the floor, maybe a couple of more Summit Logos as well. The only thing I would have liked would have been instead of the Sioux Falls on the baseline having the logos of the SL members

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          Skyforce are going to the Sanford facility, my guess is the floor will go with them? or this floor will go to the new arena and the old one will be redone and stay in the old arena? just a guess

I'm guessing there will be a few advertisements added to the floor, maybe a couple of more Summit Logos as well. The only thing I would have liked would have been instead of the Sioux Falls on the baseline having the logos of the SL members
                          New floor stays w/ the new Events Center. Skyforce floor will have look of an older style floor (darker stain, ala Hoosiers) in the Sanford Pentagon. http://sanfordpentagon.com/

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

There are new rules regarding the temporary stick on logos that had become popular due to player injuries. I don't know the details but they old style stick on logos are forbidden. Keep you red turf and neon colored highlights in the skating rink. Basketball floors should be made of wood that is the color of wood.

Snow should be shoveled not blown with a machine and Augie fans shouldn't cheer for the Jackrabbits. Pass me another shot of castor oil.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              ... and Augie fans shouldn't cheer for the Jackrabbits. Pass me another shot of castor oil.
                              They don't they cheer for Western Illinois.

Comment

Working...
                              X