SF Arena gets a new floor in time for Summit League Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SF Arena gets a new floor in time for Summit League Tourney

Keep in mind that Oregon has crazy money, and so they can afford to be trendy. When the trend changes they will just redo their floor. The city of SF doesn't have crazy money. They are going to have to live with this floor for 10, 15, maybe 20 years, so they elected to go simple and that makes sense to me. If you don't have the cash to follow the trends, go with something "classic" or "timeless" otherwise you end up with a teal floor like they have now. Teal was trendy in the '90s, but makes their floor look very dated and out of style in 2013

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      There are new rules regarding the temporary stick on logos that had become popular due to player injuries. I don't know the details but they old style stick on logos are forbidden. Keep you red turf and neon colored highlights in the skating rink. Basketball floors should be made of wood that is the color of wood.

Snow should be shoveled not blown with a machine and Augie fans shouldn't cheer for the Jackrabbits. Pass me another shot of castor oil.
      I knew they outlawed some, I thought some (smaller) were allowed to stay. I'm not sure, I agree with the general keep a wood floor wood color, however I'm open to some minor tweaks

Comment

If you watch the video it states that the rendering of the floor is a bad one and the actual floor will look nice. I liked what they were saying about keeping with only wood stains and not paint. Sounds like it will be a great looking floor and will be a great floor for the first round of the women's NCAAs in the future.

I personally think they should have laid out the floor and had the press conference, rather than having a crappy poster board it. Either way it will be played on soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
          If you watch the video it states that the rendering of the floor is a bad one and the actual floor will look nice. I liked what they were saying about keeping with only wood stains and not paint. Sounds like it will be a great looking floor and will be a great floor for the first round of the women's NCAAs in the future.

I personally think they should have laid out the floor and had the press conference, rather than having a crappy poster board it. Either way it will be played on soon enough.
          The floor isn't in SF yet. It is supposed to get to the arena in early March - just before the Summit League Tournament.

Comment

Again, I'm not the one who pissed in your coffee Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
              Advice to Doc: Ignore AugieJackfan. I am the one who pissed in your coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                Don't drink coffee but when I do I like it black. You probably like your coffee with sugar, cream, and a pretty stir stick. Maybe your a latte guy or chi tea.

I kid, everybody relax. I don't care for the flashy floors or fancy uniforms. I understand today's student athletes are much more into the fluff and stuff. I think its harmless. Still fun to portrait the grumpy curmudgeon once in awhile.

No hard feelings.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Floor is lame. A colorblind two year old could design that floor and do just as good of a job. There's a different between being trendy and having a cool looking floor that isn't boring.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

None taken. And for the record...
                    I AM a latte guy(although when I do have a cup of coffee it's black with a little sugar,nothing else. I didn't go to SDSU - although I did take one SDSU class in SF early on in my college career. But I was born and raised in SD (as were my parents), I have property close to Brookings, a good friend of mine graduated from SDSU andher dad runs the game clock at most SDSU basketball and football games and have been to many SDSU home games for quite a few years, AND I pull for all the SD schools. So although I am an Augie grad I think I havethe right to root for SDSU.
                    GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Floor is lame. A colorblind two year old could design that floor and do just as good of a job. There's a different between being trendy and having a cool looking floor that isn't boring.
                      Disagree, floor is modern and sophisticated instead of gaudy and loud like the popular trend. I don't think they were going for "trendy" or "cool".
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What is this?? A court for ANTS?!

How can we expect the Jackrabbits to play good basketball if they can't even fit on the court?
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Disagree, floor is modern and sophisticated instead of gaudy and loud like the popular trend. I don't think they were going for "trendy" or "cool".
                          Minimalist design is very modern. Looks nice.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            What is this?? A court for ANTS?!

How can we expect the Jackrabbits to play good basketball if they can't even fit on the court?
                            Rep for Zoolander reference.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              Rep for Zoolander reference.
                              Rep for repping a Zoolander reference.

Comment

Gold jacket, Green Jacket, who gives a $h!t. Just play some basektball........
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X