• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Bison Up 1 with 21 second left.

Comment

Bison will win....5.4 seconds left and Bison going to the line and they lead 57-54 First one is missed. Time out Bison

Comment

Bison missed both free throws....IPFW gets the ball and the doofus steps out! Bison get the ball with more than 3 seconds left. Foul, Mike Felt going to the line. Geez, get this game done, I cannot take another MYOHMY or the similar Wow.

Comment

Felt MISSED the first free throw but made the second. IPFW rolls the ball in and get a shot but no good. Bison win 58-54. Does that announcer have any clue how he sounds with his MyOhMy? Turned that radio off!

Comment

Bison escape...finally win a close game on the road without Braun. It wasn't pretty but I'll take road wins anyway I can get them.

Comment

The Bison barely managed to score more points against FW than Wolters did! They did play much better defense than SDSU did though. For whatever reason, we decided that defense was optional on this road trip.

Comment

As a backdrop to the rest of the games, IUPUI lost at home to the mavs. The yote men lost again to the Roos. The same yotes that beat OU and the Jacks.

Iupui went to Omaha and beat the lady mavs. the yote women keep pace with a win at home against the Roos. Ft Wayne grabs a victory at Fargo by 12. ndsu and mastodons are currently 4 & 5 seeds.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  The Bison barely managed to score more points against FW than Wolters did! They did play much better defense than SDSU did though. For whatever reason, we decided that defense was optional on this road trip.
                  Exactly. Can't do that next weekend.

Win out and at worst SDSU is the 2nd seed via 2-0 record against at WIU team that would have 3 losses as well. If NDSU wins out they would get the #1 seed. IUPUI has the 8 seed all but cinched. The 5-7 are up for grabs between UMKC, USD and IPFW.

In the home stretch now and about where I figured we'd be. Oakland could still sneak in and mess things up although I think a loss by the Jacks pretty much shuts us out of the top 2 regardless. Of the top 4 teams OU has the easiest schedule remaining and WIU has the toughest with the XDSU trip this week. You never know though, that is why they play the games.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Win out and at worst SDSU is the 2nd seed via 2-0 record against at WIU team that would have 3 losses as well. If NDSU wins out they would get the #1 seed.
                    If we win out and NDSU wins out, we get the #1 seed. We'd both have 3 losses, but we'd win the tiebreaker for better head to head record vs. Western Illinois. We'd be 2-0 vs. Western and NDSU would be 1-1.
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                      If we win out and NDSU wins out, we get the #1 seed. We'd both have 3 losses, but we'd win the tiebreaker for better head to head record vs. Western Illinois. We'd be 2-0 vs. Western and NDSU would be 1-1.
                      Correct. Long day for me.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

All I want is a top 2 seed...not sure there is any advantage between 1 or 2 since it looks like we have four solid teams at the top with Oakland's emergence.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                          All I want is a top 2 seed...not sure there is any advantage between 1 or 2 since it looks like we have four solid teams at the top with Oakland's emergence.
                          Agree. Having Sunday night off is the key. Dang tough to win 3 nights in a row especially with the Jackrabbits short bench. We need a top 2 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            Neither of us want to use it, but the automatic NIT berth backup plan that comes with the top seed is nice. Other than that, I agree that the difference between 1 and 2 is very slight. Four teams are in for a battle and there will probably be an upse t or two like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Agree. Having Sunday night off is the key. Dang tough to win 3 nights in a row especially with the Jackrabbits short bench. We need a top 2 seed.
                              We'll have Braun coming back, a day of rest for him would be huge since I'm not sure where he will be conditioning wise.

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Neither of us want to use it, but the automatic NIT berth backup plan that comes with the top seed is nice. Other than that, I agree that the difference between 1 and 2 is very slight. Four teams are in for a battle and there will probably be an upse t or two like last year.
                              Agreed, it is nice to have that there because the NIT selection sometimes isn't all that friendly to mid-majors. The one team I think is capable of pulling an upset is IPFW, Gaines is solid and they have some guys that can hit some threes. That said they could go cold and get blown out, since at least against NDSU they seem to live and die by the three. I'm not sure what USD's deal is, somehow they beat SDSU and Oakland but against NDSU they looked pretty bad.

Comment

One interesting thing about the #1 vs. #2 seed debate is the opening round matchup. #1 can rest easy knowing they will get an injury-ravaged IUPUI. #2 will get one of these: KC, USD, or IPFW. KC already has a tie-breaker over USD and they also beat IPFW on the road (these two play again thursday). There is a decent chance that USD or IPFW could end up at #7. IPFW still has to play Oakland twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X