Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit League Regular Season Conference

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Yes, I'd definitely call getting outscored 30-9 gagging! 51-50 WIU with 2:15 to go. The WIU defense is coming back.
    A team can shoot 71 % for a half,but the Law of Averages usually kicks in at some point.

Comment

My goodness UMKC is bad. Has scored just 11 points in the second half. WIU up 3 with 6 seconds left.

Comment

Honestly, if there is one school in the league I really wouldn't mind sharing the regular-season title with, it's Western Illinois. They've earned it the hard way--they're the only remaining charter member of the Association of Mid-Continent Universities (nee Mid-Continent nee Summit League).
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Dang. Was hoping KC would eliminate the tie. We might have to cheer for USD on Saturday.
          Why? It doesn't matter. Jacks are the regular season champs/#1 seed. Either way, Jacks aren't playing WIU, NDSU or USD until the championship game.

Comment

UMKC misses a 35-footer to tie, and loses to WIU.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              UMKC misses a 35-footer to tie, and loses to WIU.
              Only 11 points in the second half. WIU still has to play USD on Saturday. USD will certainly give WIU a tough game.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Only 11 points in the second half. WIU still has to play USD on Saturday. USD will certainly give WIU a tough game.
                I have a gut feeling the Yotes will win that game. No rational reason for it, just a hunch.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Quite a comeback, or quite an epic collapse - depending on how you look at it.

Unless I'm missing something, the top-4 seeds are now set. WIU will be #2 and NDSU #3 no matter what happens Saturday. NDSU will get no rest and WIU is (probably) missing a critical player. Unless we can get some help from IPFW, we'll probably be seeing Oakland on Monday night.

USD is now in control of their own destiny as far as whether they will end up #6 or #7. The Bison have destroyed them twice, so they might actually benefit from slipping up on Saturday and falling back to #7.

Comment

A SDSU-USD Summit League final is definitely a possibility.

How wild would that be?
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      I have a gut feeling the Yotes will win that game. No rational reason for it, just a hunch.
                      Not if Louie Krogman has anything to say about it. He'll use his power and influence to make sure they NEVER do ANYTHING to assist the Jacks. #dontbeahaterbeanater

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        Why? It doesn't matter. Jacks are the regular season champs/#1 seed. Either way, Jacks aren't playing WIU, NDSU or USD until the championship game.
                        Could the Bison slip to the 4 seed with a loss at Omaha and a Oakland win over Ft Wayne? Oakland & the Bison split during regular season. What is the tie breaker?
                        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                          Could the Bison slip to the 4 seed with a loss at Omaha and a Oakland win over Ft Wayne? Oakland & the Bison split during regular season. What is the tie breaker?
                          OU split with WIU while NDSU got swept. There's your tie-breaker.

Comment

NDSU lost twice to Western so Oakland would win tiebreaker.

Comment

Thanks - then SDSU could end up playing the Bison in the semi's
                              USD Fan

Comment

Thanks - then SDSU could end up playing the Bison in the semi's
                                Not possible. The brackets are set (http://www.thesummitleague.org/sport...pionship/index). SDSU can only play the winner of the #4/#5 game in the semi's.

Comment

Working...
                                X