Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Major Announcement

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    I can't tell if you are being serious, but if so, why would the Summit League and the SF Sports Authority announce a press conference that would bring news about an addition to the Missouri Valley?
    Summit League is disolving, eastern schools are joining the Horizon, Western schools are joining the MVC. MVC adds football as a conference sponsored sport. Everybody goes home happy.

If that happens, Douple should be hand picked by the Prez to put together a middle east peace deal.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Summit League is disolving, eastern schools are joining the Horizon, Western schools are joining the MVC. MVC adds football as a conference sponsored sport. Everybody goes home happy.

If that happens, Douple should be hand picked by the Prez to put together a middle east peace deal.
      Where would Douple go?Why would he eliminate his own job?Surely you jest.

Unless ,of course,he's going too, with a job of some kind.

Comment

[QUOTE=jackdaniel;211076]Where would Douple go?Why would he eliminate his own job?Surely you jest.

Unless ,of course,he's going too, with a job of some kind.[/QUOTE

Total speculation but it would be nice that the Valley Conference became one conference somehow for all sports the Valley schools offer. However, there are a number of Summit League schools that simply DO NOT have the facilities for basketball, Volleyball ect that the Ms. Valley schools do.

It will certainly be interesting when it does come out as to what the big press conference is? Its simply amazing what has happened to college conferences the last few years. So, nothing surprises me anymore.

GBGBGJ

GBGBGJ

Comment

Maybe a Holiday event featuring say SDSU & USD from the Summit vs. two Missouri Valley foes played in SF?

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            USD is moving to the Missouri Valley conference?

That would certainly be a game changer.
            I believe the MVC is having its meetings right now. That would be a game changer to say the least.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              And why would have USD had the Valley logo associated with their Summit League basketball media day held a few weeks ago?
              Actually the USD basketball media day was today at 11 am.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Today:

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/blogs/coach_carson/mvc-media-day-notes/article_3eef71f2-2230-11e2-8117-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true

— MVC Commissioner DougElgin talked quite a bit about conference realignments. He mentioned the Valley hasn’t changed its membership since 1995 – only the Ivy League can boast that – and, while he is constantly looking out for the conference’s best interests in the case of both expansion and retraction, there are no plans either way.
                “Expansion is not a front-burner issue,” he said.
                Elgin also commented on 2012 being the final year of the Missouri Valley-Mountain West Challenge, as expected. The series is sending UNI to play at No. 18 UNLV this year. It could possibly resume in 2014, but the MWC faces its own realignment issues that could mess everything up anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]403[/ATTACH]Hint
                  Jeremy Hoeck tweeted that the USD people said it was a mistake on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                    Jeremy Hoeck tweeted that the USD people said it was a mistake on the board.

USD . . . make a mistake . . . hard to believe. Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      Today:

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/blogs/coach_carson/mvc-media-day-notes/article_3eef71f2-2230-11e2-8117-0019bb2963f4.html?comment_form=true

Elgin also commented on 2012 being the final year of the Missouri Valley-Mountain West Challenge, as expected. T

Excellent find.

Could the announcement be a MVC/Summit challenge?
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Maybe the Summit League is moving their offices from Chicago to Sioux Falls. Just another thought.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]403[/ATTACH]Hint
                          Based on the subsequent responses, I'd say this was a good troll bait effort. I commend you. We've got all kinds of ideas spinning out here now.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Here is a link from the Argus Leader for a live viewing:

http://www.argusleader.com/interactive/article/20121030/SPORTS/121030009/Live-5-30-Summit-League-announcement-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Home

Go State!

Comment

I am going to take a stab at it. Here's my guess. They sold the naming rights of the conference tournament. It will now be the Summit at the Falls brought to you by Sanford Health.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                                I am going to take a stab at it. Here's my guess. They sold the naming rights of the conference tournament. It will now be the Summit at the Falls brought to you by Sanford Health.
                                If they did that, I'm sure Sanford Health would want something long-standing... like the tournament permanently in Sioux Falls or on a rotating basis with Fargo.
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X