Summit League Major Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Major Announcement

Per TV tweet - Summit League,Sioux Falls Sports Authority to hold press conference at 5:30 today at the Arena to make a "major announcement"

Re: Summit League Major Announcement

How long is SF under contract for still?

Comment

Not sure how long the current contract goes through, but with the new arena coming, one can only assume this is an announcement about an extension.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
        How long is SF under contract for still?
        Not 100% sure,but I think it goes though the 2014 tournament. It seems to me that TV has mentioned that bidding for the next contract would be done next spring/summer. It could be that with Tulsa no longer in the picture that the league tested the waters and found that there wasn't going to be much interest in competing with Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Not 100% sure,but I think it goes though the 2014 tournament. It seems to me that TV has mentioned that bidding for the next contract would be done next spring/summer. It could be that with Tulsa no longer in the picture that the league tested the waters and found that there wasn't going to be much interest in competing with Sioux Falls.
          It has at least one year scheduled for the new facility in Sioux Falls.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            It has at least one year scheduled for the new facility in Sioux Falls.
            I don't think so. I believe the current contract is for this season '12-'13 and '13-'14. If I remember right the event center is scheduled to be done in the fall of '14 so we will be in the current Arena in March of '14

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
              I don't think so. I believe the current contract is for this season '12-'13 and '13-'14. If I remember right the event center is scheduled to be done in the fall of '14 so we will be in the current Arena in March of '14
              That is correct. the current contract runs through 2014 and the new events center is not scheduled to open until the fall of 2014. With the events center and the Pentagon as a practice facility it would be almost impossible for any one else to match Sioux Falls in the bidding process for years to come. I think there is the potential for an announcement that is bigger than just an extension of the contract for another two years. We will know at 5:30.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                That is right. I thought event center was ready by then. Hopefully today's announcement will get us in the new one.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Hopefully it will be to announce that the Summit League & USD/SDSU will host a WBB 1st or Regional tourney at the new arena.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    Hopefully it will be to announce that the Summit League & USD/SDSU will host a WBB 1st or Regional tourney at the new arena.
                    That would be great. But would the NCAA award a tournament to an arena that has barely started construction ? It would be hard to do that just based on artist's pictures of what the arena will look like.

Comment

USD MVC.jpgHint
                      USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]403[/ATTACH]Hint
                        USD is moving to the Missouri Valley conference?

That would certainly be a game changer.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]403[/ATTACH]Hint
                          I can't tell if you are being serious, but if so, why would the Summit League and the SF Sports Authority announce a press conference that would bring news about an addition to the Missouri Valley?
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

And why would have USD had the Valley logo associated with their Summit League basketball media day held a few weeks ago?
                            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                              I can't tell if you are being serious, but if so, why would the Summit League and the SF Sports Authority announce a press conference that would bring news about an addition to the Missouri Valley?
                              No they would not do this. Why would not USD and Sayler be doing the announcing since they would have pulled the strings to get there? Are there any strings for USD to Pull? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Comment

Working...
                              X