Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League Major Announcement

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    Hasn't the city of SF spent money on the downtown area, too?

I think if USD has a team like their women's team last year, they will have some fans show up. The way their team was playing, I was picturing a SDSU/USD championship game to see who would move on to the big dance. That would really help the attendance figures.

I don't know if NDSU really had that many fans there the last couple of years. They had more than most schools but there were the 2nd closest and it is only about a 4 hour drive for them.

It's just like anything else, if your team is winning or has a good chance of winning, more of your fans will show up.
    NDSU's men have been 1 and done every year since Woodside graduated. Their women's teams haven't been very good either if I remember correctly. Not a big surprise that they have not had much of a presence at the Tournament

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
      Did I say eastern fans won't come here because it's not being built downtown? No. I said (or at least intended to say) you might be able to get a few more fans to come if they knew the facility was located in an area that gave them something more to do between or after games -- a river front, a variety of bars/restaurants, shopping, other entertainment -- than what is available to them now in the current arena neighborhood. Maybe this will develop around the new arena. Maybe not.
      I must have read your post to fast. You didnt say eastern fans wont come here because its not being built downtown. But i dont think we will lose any fans because of location. People will come no matter where its at. And the people that dont come, werent going to come anyway. Location has nothing to do with it. SF is not that big, that location matters.

Comment

Here's what the city's planning to do with the area around the new Events Center.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...yssey=obinsite

Comment

Working...
        X