MVFC 2021 Spring Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

The 2021 spring season asterisk is going to be big enough to block out the sun. That should be great for bats and raccoons.
    Yes, that exceptional

Comment

Would have liked to see SIU win over MSU yesterday, but they folded at the end. Qe want our SIU win to still be a good win when the season is over. And I don't want tocget into the breaking scenarios with MSU. I think we win most of the tiebreakers there of both teams win out, but this is a season where we don't want to leave anything to chance.

Next week is huge. Marker game and MSU-UND in Grand Forks. We want to win, and hope for a MSU win, and hope the Bison beat UNI the following week to give us the autobid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        Would have liked to see SIU win over MSU yesterday, but they folded at the end. Qe want our SIU win to still be a good win when the season is over. And I don't want tocget into the breaking scenarios with MSU. I think we win most of the tiebreakers there of both teams win out, but this is a season where we don't want to leave anything to chance.

Next week is huge. Marker game and MSU-UND in Grand Forks. We want to win, and hope for a MSU win, and hope the Bison beat UNI the following week to give us the autobid.
        Wouldn't the Jacks winning negate the need for NDSU to win at UNI, because the Jacks would be 6-1 (0.857), the Bison 6-2 (0.750) or 5-3 (0.625), and UND 5-2 (0.714) or 4-3 (0.571)?

I'm perfectly fine with NDSU self quarantining if/when Spring playoffs are held.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Wouldn't the Jacks winning negate the need for NDSU to win at UNI, because the Jacks would be 6-1 (0.857), the Bison 6-2 (0.750) or 5-3 (0.625), and UND 5-2 (0.714) or 4-3 (0.571)?

I'm perfectly fine with NDSU self quarantining if/when Spring playoffs are held.

If SDSU and MSU win out, the tiebreaker goes to record against the common next highest team in conference. In this case, UND and NDSU would be tied at 5-2, but NDSU has the h2h, meaning they are the third ranked team. MSU lost to the Bison, we won, giving us the auto. If NDSU then slipped up against UNI, UND would hold the tiebreaker over NDSU. We lost to the Sioux, and MSU did not, giving MSU the auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

If SDSU and MSU win out, the tiebreaker goes to record against the common next highest team in conference. In this case, UND and NDSU would be tied at 5-2, but NDSU has the h2h, meaning they are the third ranked team. MSU lost to the Bison, we won, giving us the auto. If NDSU then slipped up against UNI, UND would hold the tiebreaker over NDSU. We lost to the Sioux, and MSU did not, giving MSU the auto.
            Forgot to mention I'm hoping Youngstown beats both UND and MSU

Comment

UND-MOST game has been canceled

Comment

UND MSU this weekend has been cancelled due to covid inside UNDs program. Major bummer for determining the autobid.

If the Valley is going to give the auto to the team with tye best winning percentage, this may actually help the Jacks, assuming they win out.

If chalk holds, we would have:

SDSU at 6-1 (86%)
                NDSU at 6-2 (75%)
                MSU at 5-1 (83%)
                UND at 5-1 (83%)

Doesnt seem fair, but assuming the jacks actually get their last two games in, and they win, I guess that would give us the autobid, similar to basketball season.

Comment

Per Zimmer, USD vs UNI is cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    Per Zimmer, USD vs UNI is cancelled.
                    This was within USD’s tier 1 personnel so that puts next weeks game on thin ice.

Comment

I also read JMU’s next two games have been “ postponed”

Comment

Only one game this week for MVFC. One.

WIU gets their first win as Youngstown St comes to town, 27-24
                        Both teams are 1-5 at the bottom of the conference.

Congrats to SDSU football for not having COVID and being the reason to cancel a game. If they cancel the FCS season and the Jacks stay healthy, I say they claim a Natty because everyone else couldn't figure their crap out.
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

WIU opts out, thus USD & SIU seasons are over as well (I would assume).

Two Games April 10th:
                          - YSU vs MSU
                          - NDSU vs Northern Iowa

Two Games April 17th:
                          - UND vs YSU
                          - NDSU vs SDSU

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            WIU opts out, thus USD & SIU seasons are over as well (I would assume).

Two Games April 10th:
                            - YSU vs MSU
                            - NDSU vs Northern Iowa

Two Games April 17th:
                            - UND vs YSU
                            - NDSU vs SDSU
                            Sounds like Panthers should have McElvain back on 4/10. Who knows, maybe they'll upset Bison, if game's played this weekend

Not surprisingly, Nick Hill's not ready to concede. The contrast between his stance and other Valley coaches, from Farley to Nielson, is noteworthy. Although maybe it's merely a matter of Hill not liking his b-day gifts today

Comment

MVFC scores from today.

Missouri St moves to 5-1 with a win at home against Youngstown St, 21-10
                              ndsu holds on for the road win at UNI, 23-20

Next weekend will not make choosing the playoff field any eaiser. UND is 4-1 and plays at Youngstown St. Missouri St is done at 5-1 in MVFC play. SDSU, 4-1, and ndsu, 5-1, play the Dakota Marker. The three Dakota schools and Missouri St all have an argument of making the playoffs, and it's very unlikely all 4 make it. A Jacks lost could put them out of the playoffs. Dakota Marker is a must win!
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

You’ll win by 10 or more

Comment

Working...
                                X