MVFC 2021 Spring Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    Having seen two games from each of SDSU, NDSU, and UND, I can say that UND has definitely looked like the best all around team. They’re just solid in all three phases of the game. It will be interesting to see how they do on the road.
    It'll be even more interesting if Bison lose to Bears this weekend.

Comment

SIU losing 12-0 to YSU at end of 1st quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        SIU losing 12-0 to YSU at end of 1st quarter.
        Hopefully that trend continues.

UNI and ISU-R is also essentially a playoff elimination game

Comment

Are we cheering for UNI to win? A win would make the Jacks win over them look better, but a loss would help the Jacks move up since UNI is somehow ranked above them.

Btw, UNI finally broke the tie over ISU-r. 13-10 in the 4th quarter.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Finals from this week

UND ends their homestand with a Thursday night win against usd, 21-10
            ndsu wins at Missouri St, 25-0
            SIU gets a win at Youngstown St, 30-22 (Penguins come to Brookings next week still winless)
            UNI wins at home against Illinois St, 20-10
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Didn’t know where to post but thought since it pertains to mvfc football I’d put it here. For those that may have the espn+, disney+, Hulu package you can now get ESPN+ in the Hulu app now.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                Didn’t know where to post but thought since it pertains to mvfc football I’d put it here. For those that may have the espn+, disney+, Hulu package you can now get ESPN+ in the Hulu app now.
                ESPN+ is available on Hulu's website too, if folks don't use the app.

Comment

Decided to check how the UNI-SIU game was going, and Landon Lenoir had an impressive reception. Yes, that's Lance's (former WIU WR) brother

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

ESPN+ is available on Hulu's website too, if folks don't use the app.
                    is it still going to say it needs to re authenticate even though I have no idea how or what that comes up. I have an accout, that should be fine but noooo.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

is it still going to say it needs to re authenticate even though I have no idea how or what that comes up. I have an accout, that should be fine but noooo.
                      I wanted to test it before the Jacks' game, and Espn+ is working fine through Hulu. One benefit of Hulu is the ability to add games to "My Stuff," so it's easier to locate than Espn+/Watch Espn's list.

I know the error message you're referring to on Espn+ though, and I agree it could be frustrating having to sign out and sign in to get their server to recognize credentials.

Looks like SIU's QB Baker could be limited, if not benched, due to non-contact ankle/lower leg injury. McElvain's accuracy is improved this game.

Comment

Salukis are hanging with Panthers despite having to "roll with Stone" at QB

Comment

SIU wins after UNI misses 30-yd FG attempt with 0:07 remaining

Comment

Yotes open up the newly renovated dome with a turd, losing to MSU 27-24. Yote fans are starting to get impatient and Nielsen's seat is getting hot.

To be honest, I think he has never proven much as a D1 coach. He has all these wins that everyone like to talk about, but has done Jack squat at D1. Him and his staff have been all sizzle and no steak the whole time they've been there, and USD fans are tired of substabsard results, especially after a $26 million price tag. Their o line is bad, but they aren't inexperienced. They are still young across the board, but all played together last season. I'd say if Nielsen can't get positive results with this group of linemen, he's done. That means probably next fall, maybe one more year. He's been there for 5 years, and the yotes are still trying to turn that corner they've been bemoaning for the past decade or so. With UNDs apparent rise to prominence this year, it appears that things are going tovget even tougher for the yotes on the local recruiting trail, and I don't envision Neilsen's successor making vast strides in that environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              Yotes open up the newly renovated dome with a turd, losing to MSU 27-24. Yote fans are starting to get impatient and Nielsen's seat is getting hot.

To be honest, I think he has never proven much as a D1 coach. He has all these wins that everyone like to talk about, but has done Jack squat at D1. Him and his staff have been all sizzle and no steak the whole time they've been there, and USD fans are tired of substabsard results, especially after a $26 million price tag. Their o line is bad, but they aren't inexperienced. They are still young across the board, but all played together last season. I'd say if Nielsen can't get positive results with this group of linemen, he's done. That means probably next fall, maybe one more year. He's been there for 5 years, and the yotes are still trying to turn that corner they've been bemoaning for the past decade or so. With UNDs apparent rise to prominence this year, it appears that things are going tovget even tougher for the yotes on the local recruiting trail, and I don't envision Neilsen's successor making vast strides in that environment.
                              I hope they give him an extension.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

I hope they give him an extension.
                                Coach Nielsen received a 5-year extension in July 2019 so his contract is through 2024. He is not going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X