• Show
Clear All

Bison-Yote game canceled today.

Comment

BISON got the rona.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        BISON got the rona.
        And the game won't be rescheduled due to the WIU-'Yotes game already being re-scheduled for 4/17

Interesting how the Bison tweet doesn't mention it was due to their program's Covid protocols

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

And the game won't be rescheduled due to the WIU-'Yotes game already being re-scheduled for 4/17

Interesting how the Bison tweet doesn't mention it was due to their program's Covid protocols
          No doubt! It most likely saved the dogs a beatdown too.

Comment

No doubt! It most likely saved the dogs a beatdown too.
            Like I said in other thread, I think the Valley should've axed the WIU reschedule and made the Bison play at USD on 4/17, but I suppose this allows Bison and Jacks to play the same number of games, unless the late positive test among Bison personnel also puts next week's game at risk

Comment

Like I said in other thread, I think the Valley should've axed the WIU reschedule and made the Bison play at USD on 4/17, but I suppose this allows Bison and Jacks to play the same number of games, unless the late positive test among Bison personnel also puts next week's game at risk
              How that affects next weeks game crossed my mind as well.

Comment

How that affects next weeks game crossed my mind as well.
                Hopefully the tools from up north will notify the Valley well before Jacks make the trip, if they can't contain Covid prior to next Sat., and if that happens, I'd say why not cancel the UND-YSU reschedule to ensure playoff qualifiers play the same number of games.

Comment

Izzo is saying one of his sources said three Bison players tested positive Wed., and one Bison player had symptoms/tested positive today. Izzo makes the statement at approx. -23:20 mark of video

If true, travel to Sioux Falls (where Bison were) seems negligent on their part
                  Last edited by jakejc795; 03-27-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Only 2 games were played in the MVFC today.

UNI goes on the road and keeps WIU winless, 34-20
                    Da Bears continue to surprise and beat SIU at home with a FG as time expires, 30-27

1 game postponed and 2 games cancelled. Let's hope we see the Jacks play next week. 2 weekends off will be too much, and we all know how the men's basketball team responded to that much time off between games.
                    Rollin' in my 5.0
                    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Izzo is saying one of his sources said three Bison players tested positive Wed., and one Bison player had symptoms/tested positive today. Izzo makes the statement at approx. -23:20 mark of video

If true, travel to Sioux Falls (where Bison were) seems negligent on their part
                      If they follow CDC guidelines we probably shouldn't/wont have a game next week as the player positive would be a close contact (on a bus for hours) for many other team members.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

If they follow CDC guidelines we probably shouldn't/wont have a game next week as the player positive would be a close contact (on a bus for hours) for many other team members.
                        NDSU would probably prefer that the game be moved to the 17th as they could very well be missing a number of players if the game is played as scheduled in a week.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

NDSU would probably prefer that the game be moved to the 17th as they could very well be missing a number of players if the game is played as scheduled in a week.
                          Hopefully that could be avoided, because if Jacks were to have a positive test afterward, it puts playoffs in jeopardy. Having that week open is ideal to avoid both injuries and Covid contact

Unfortunately, it'd give Bison, and their fans, an excuse after Jacks win, but the Montana schools and Central Ark opting out already adds an asterisk to any championship

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post

The argument could be made that they weren't following guidelines by traveling, unless none of the "early week positives" or their close contacts made the trip.

That's why I've argued Jacks should be leery of the Bison testing, tracing, and isolation regimen this week

Comment

Hopefully that could be avoided, because if Jacks were to have a positive test afterward, it puts playoffs in jeopardy. Having that week open is ideal to avoid both injuries and Covid contact

Unfortunately, it'd give Bison, and their fans, an excuse after Jacks win, but the Montana schools and Central Ark opting out already adds an asterisk to any championship
                              IMO, the asterisk that would apply would be for how special a championship it would be under such circumstances. The teams not playing frankly have not been contenders the last 10 years. Their absence really only reduces the field, not the quality.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

IMO, the asterisk that would apply would be for how special a championship it would be under such circumstances. The teams not playing frankly have not been contenders the last 10 years. Their absence really only reduces the field, not the quality.
                                The 2021 spring season asterisk is going to be big enough to block out the sun. That should be great for bats and raccoons.

Comment

Working...
                                X