X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propar80
    replied
    Re: MVFC 2018 Season

When is the last time a Bison defense gave up 24 points in the first half?? Or either half for that matter!?!

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Panthers answer 21-14 with 9 to go to half
    Should have taken the over today. 21-21 under 5 to half.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Panthers answer 21-14 with 9 to go to half

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

14-14 2nd quarter 12:55 to go

Leave a comment:

• Carolina010
    replied

UNI is able to do what we couldn’t and go up 14-0 early in the 1st

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Week #2 in league play. All games are on Saturday.

NDSU (1-0) at UNI (1-0)
    The Bizun head east for week #2 of big matchups to start their season. UNI has a good mix of pass/run, but they've built this team around their defense. They haven't allowed a point in their last 9 quarters of football and Duncan Ferch scored on his third pick-six of his career. We all know what NDSU is good at; winning in the trenches, good defense, ball control and QB's that can hurt you with their feet or arm. UNI has to deliver a few early punches to build confidence. While they've outscored their opponents 43-0 in the 4th quarter and 85-17 in the second half this year, that won't happen this week unless NDSU has already won the game in the first half. NDSU 35 - UNI 13.

Southern Illinois (0-1) at YSU (0-1)
    Who cares. SIU 31 - YSU 41

Western Illinois (1-0) at Illinois State (0-1)
    Western Illinois is tied for first and ISU got punched in the mouth last week by Missouri State. Not this week. Western Illinois 17 - ISU red 35.

Missouri State (1-0) at USD (1-0)
    Both teams try to prove they are legit and deserve to be tied for first. Problem is, one of them will be after this weekend. If USD can have any consistency with their offense, they should win this one. After this weekend a few pups will likely crow about their team being tied for first, the question is who will be listening and will anyone outside of Vermillion believe? MSU 21 - USD 24.

Indiana State (0-1) at SDSU (0-1)
    One team is trying to build a culture and hopes they don't end up at the bottom of the conference. One team knows they have a winning culture and wants to prove they deserve a high seed in the playoffs. The problem is this is often one of the trap games. Not this week. ISU 10 - SDSU 44.

After this week, we will have only two undefeated teams in MVFC league play. (I don't see Western coming out of Normal with a win.) It very well could be NDSU and USD.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
    geez guy, he's my cousin on my mom's side, but then all my cousins who went to used are homers for them.
    Years ago, I went on WNAX bus trip to a Twins game and Joe was the moderator on our bus. I had a nice visit with him and he never brought up the greatness of USD. I was living in Columbus Nebraska at the time and asked why they did not do Jack baseball games, and he very politely told me they did not have advertising to do that. He is a good guy despite his broadcast bias. I hope my post was not offensive but factual as to what did happen in his departure from WNAX. You dont pick your parents, aunts, uncles nor cousins

Leave a comment:

• SturgisJeff
    replied

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Listened to a bit of the USD game driving from Brookings to Volga and back. They USD announcer is one of the most annoying guys I have ever listened to. Complete homer right down to complaining about the officials and calls. Second rate announcer for a second rate program. Never so thankful for our press guys who are first class!
    geez guy, he's my cousin on my mom's side, but then all my cousins who went to used are homers for them.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
    Please clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Joe is a very loyal USD alum and once worked for WNAX. He was the color guy for Norm Hilson who was until he died suddenly the Voice of SDSU Jackrabbits. Since SDSU purchased the broadcast rights from WNAX, they controlled who did the broadcast. Joe did not hide his USD loyalty and it was enough to get him fired and enter very neutral and capable Steve Emming as voice of the Jackrabbits. Joe later used letters to editor to be very critical of AD Fred Oien for firing him. This was before the power of Twitter. This was awhile back like early 1990’s.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 09-30-2018, 06:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BitsTD
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Joe Van Gor no doubt. He once did color got the late Norm Hilson, voice of Jackrabbits
    Please clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Final was USD 31, SIU 24

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

P
    Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Listened to a bit of the USD game driving from Brookings to Volga and back. They USD announcer is one of the most annoying guys I have ever listened to. Complete homer right down to complaining about the officials and calls. Second rate announcer for a second rate program. Never so thankful for our press guys who are first class!
    Joe Van Gor no doubt. He once did color for the late Norm Hilson, voice of Jackrabbits. Joe is a loyal alum of USD.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 09-30-2018, 05:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    USD stepped on the gas pedal and at the end of the 3rd, is up 31-17 at Southern Illinois.
    Both teams played like hot garbage for most of the game. SIU could do just about anything they wanted between the 30s most of the game, and USD was making 3 play scoring drives in the second half. USD can move the ball quick if they can stay in rythym, but if they can't, they look very poor. And they still are having trouble with picking up pressure. Simmons ha's great arm strength, but I haven't seen much else from him in 2+ games that shows he's the type of player that can will them to victory. Based on what I've seen so far, I'll be surprised if they make the field, unless they fix some of the issues on the oline and develop a dependable run game.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

USD stepped on the gas pedal and at the end of the 3rd, is up 31-17 at Southern Illinois.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X