X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied
    Re: MVFC 2018 Season

Looks like the Yotes are about to Charlie Shuffle themselves right out of the playoffs. 42-14 NDSU midway through the 3rd. Yotes will fall to 3-5, with WIU, @ an improved ISUb, and @SDSU still left on the schedule.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

10/20/18 Final scores:

SDSU 9, UNI 24
    ILState 14 NDSU 28
    InState 24
    , SIU 21
    WIU 31, MSU 14
    EweSD 17, YSU 29

Lots of 2-2 conference records.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Bison taking it to ISU Red 28-0.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied

In the battle for worst D1 football team in the country, UAPB leads Mississippi Valley State 17-6 at the half.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I didn't think play-by-play extended back several seasons...in other words, I was making a statement with absolutely no support.

Looked at a 2016 game and it did not have the same Play-by-Play that's available now.
    I believe that tab is available through the 2012 season (at least for Jacks -- I try to avoid visiting 'Yotes). Prior to that (e.g. 2011), you'd need to click "Details" for the game in question and "Stats" from the links that appear (here's an example from the 2011 game against SUU)

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

I didn't think play-by-play extended back several seasons...in other words, I was making a statement with absolutely no support.

Looked at a 2016 game and it did not have the same Play-by-Play that's available now.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I deleted my post but not before it was quoted. I guess that's alright. It just doesn't stand to reason that a program under different coaches has a consistent problem with personal fouls. Yet, that's an impression I've had. I've wondered whether there is a way to check on support (evidence) for such an opinion.
    The "Play-By-Play" tab of the box score lists the type of penalty and yardage assessed (here's an example from 1st quarter of MSU-SDSU game)

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

I deleted my post but not before it was quoted. I guess that's alright. It just doesn't stand to reason that a program under different coaches has a consistent problem with personal fouls. Yet, that's an impression I've had. I've wondered whether there is a way to check on support (evidence) for such an opinion.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD
    I've thought that for a number of years, well before Nielsen took over the program, USD got more unsportsmanlike penalties than other teams I've watched. That's always been hard to believe but it seemed to be the case. I don't think there's a way to check on that -- box scores following games list the number of penalties and the total penalty yards but there doesn't seem to be a breakdown of the nature of the penalties. Anyone know of a way to get that information for past seasons?
    I think with the media hype that usually forms around SDSU they have a form of the "napoleon complex". If you read their forum it really becomes apparent. No matter what the topic a SDSU dig is usually put into the thread. JMO!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    From the 2 or 3 games I’ve seen it’s pretty obvious the OL is USD’s biggest weak spot. That’s trouble heading into the cold weather (and NDSU/SDSU) portion of the schedule. NDSU may break Simmons in half.
    Halved would be easier for Krolikowski to fit him in the "Krock Pot"

Leave a comment:

• Southeast
    replied

From the 2 or 3 games I’ve seen it’s pretty obvious the OL is USD’s biggest weak spot. That’s trouble heading into the cold weather (and NDSU/SDSU) portion of the schedule. NDSU may break Simmons in half.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Could this be why cramp-gate worked so well in Vermillion last year? Some the yote fans have never forgiven us for the alleged cramping that we pull that took the momentum out of the game.
    They should upgrade the HVAC system then . Sounds like at least one UNI player had similar cramping issues (or maybe Farley was just taking a page out of the Jacks' defensive playbook)

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    My take on USD is that Neilson is very much a "system" coach, and patterns have started to show themselves in his teams.

1) The offense they run is asmuch about speed between snaps and number of offensive plays as it is scheme. Their offense is fairly basic, but they run it fast. I mentioned earlier, but if they get "off pace" and face a 3rd and long, their production seems to drop off.

3) They are really undisciplined. Lots and lots of unsportsmanlike penalties and untamed emotion.

Could this be why cramp-gate worked so well in Vermillion last year? Some the yote fans have never forgiven us for the alleged cramping that we pull that took the momentum out of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

He did prove himself at UMD. He backed into the playoffs last year and in 2015 at western though. Maybe the fair take is that he was a good coach in D2, but average in DI thus far. USD probably shouldn't have been in the field last year after losing their last 4 games. They bounced back with a TD saving fumble to beat Nicholls in the first round. And that very well could be their high water mark if Bob doesn't make a return trip this year.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    For USD to make it, that's probably going to require them beating NDSU or SDSU as well as probably running the table for the rest of the season. I think they are struggling a bit. Nielsen is a heck of a coach, but this is his toughest test yet, with that program.
    Is he a heck of a coach? I've watched USD this year and that team seems undisciplined as hell. So many unsportsmanlike penalties. In my opinion, that reflects the coach.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X