Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Glenn to Retire ?

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    That is fine, but if you go pay that for a coach, you are probably going to have to up your assistant coach salary and bring his guys with, which again is alright, but you will have new staff, which will probably mean, transfers, and rebuild. Which is why I questions the Joe Glenn hire in the first place.

Talk to most in Wyoming and they love Joe Glenn, most would like him to come back. And you won't find anyone to question whether Joe Glenn is a good football coach, recruiter, and talking head for your University.

The problem is when you hire a semi-retired coach, you need a plan, maybe not necessarily a coach in place, but a plan. Throughout the Joe Glenn era I questioned what the plan was, maybe it was just to be bad and to raise money. But on the field it just seemed like it wasn't really there.
    Mission accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      That is fine, but if you go pay that for a coach, you are probably going to have to up your assistant coach salary and bring his guys with, which again is alright, but you will have new staff, which will probably mean, transfers, and rebuild. Which is why I questions the Joe Glenn hire in the first place.

Talk to most in Wyoming and they love Joe Glenn, most would like him to come back. And you won't find anyone to question whether Joe Glenn is a good football coach, recruiter, and talking head for your University.

The problem is when you hire a semi-retired coach, you need a plan, maybe not necessarily a coach in place, but a plan. Throughout the Joe Glenn era I questioned what the plan was, maybe it was just to be so-so to bad and to raise money. But on the field it just seemed like it wasn't really there.
      I'm sure they had a plan. For all we know, things are going according to plan. Maybe the plan was to bring in someone who could bridge the gap between DII and DI, rally the alumni, and bring a sense of stability to a program that was struggling mightily. I don't think anyone would bill the Glenn era at USD as a disaster at any rate.

Maybe that's not the most ambitious plan in the world, but the USD football program was on the verge of becoming MSU-north. They're moving in the right direction.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        Mission accomplished.
        Smack in a non smack thread...but again, it's your board. Pretty cocky comment from a fan of a team that got beat everywhere but the scoreboard. Out yarded, out played, and for one crappy pass.....

You won the game, I give you that. But wouldves couldves and shouldves. To the naked eye, I would say the gap has narrowed. Just my thoughts though. 😀

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
          Smack in a non smack thread...but again, it's your board. Pretty cocky comment from a fan of a team that got beat everywhere but the scoreboard. Out yarded, out played, and for one crappy pass.....

You won the game, I give you that. But wouldves couldves and shouldves. To the naked eye, I would say the gap has narrowed. Just my thoughts though. ��
          Seems your still bitter, your team played good, our team played bad, yet we still won the game. I doubt the game next year is going to be very close.

back to the topic at hand. If he was suppose to rally the troops if you will, or turn the program around. one could argue the program is slightly better then when he took over. Otherwise couldnt they have brought in a lot of coaches to get them to almost a .500 record after a few years but with the plan to stay longer then what the plan was with Joe. It seems it was to be a face for the program, get fans excitied and I am sure he did that better then the actual win lose record would show.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

You won the game, I give you that. But wouldves couldves and shouldves. To the naked eye, I would say the gap has narrowed. Just my thoughts though. ��
            But many said the same thing 2 years ago, many said the gap had narrowed 4 years ago when Glenn was hired. Its not that it hasn't, that is not what I'm getting at, what I'm stating is going out and spending big money on an entirely new coaching staff would probably cause a bunch of turnover within the football program which brings into question what the Joe Glenn era was about. I thought Joe did a great job as coach, they struggled on the field, but he did do some great things, the questions I had (you can go back and look on what I previously said), what is/was the end game. It wasn't going to take a genius to see Joe wasn't going to be there for more than 5-6 years tops, it wasn't like they brought in a big name assistant for him to groom, not judging the assistants, but there isn't one that shouts hire me.

So if they go hire a new coach, and a new staff, does the turnover hurt the good Coach Glenn did on the field? And does it negate what he did?

Comment

You won the game, I give you that. But wouldves couldves and shouldves. To the naked eye, I would say the gap has narrowed. Just my thoughts though. 
              I was judging Joes record during his entire tenure. 12-34 -all games- 6-26- MVFC games.

I'm not surprised you zeroed in on the only game that matters to you. Congrats on your moral victory. 0-4- vs. the Jacks.

Comment

Would you say 12 wins in four seasons is good? Average? Great?

Jack power just said mission accomplished if the plan was to be bad.

Comment

From the stories we heard about Meierkort's tenure, Glenn had his hands full just cleaning things up. Surely he deserves credit for putting a solid foundation in place for the next coach.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

You won the game, I give you that. But wouldves couldves and shouldves. To the naked eye, I would say the gap has narrowed. Just my thoughts though. 
                    Lol what an awful post
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Illinois State Redbirds would probably disagree with this assessment. (just to give it back.) I actually think the U has gotten better. Just can't judge the success of a program on one game, though.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        Illinois State Redbirds would probably disagree with this assessment. (just to give it back.) I actually think the U has gotten better. Just can't judge the success of a program on one game, though.
                        😄. Good jab. The gap I was referring to though was between us. I know NDSU thinks it's narrowed. ( just giving it back to you ). Your program has been awfully good.

Comment

From footballscoop.com .....

"South Dakota: Per source, among those interviewing for the vacant head coaching position are Eastern Michigan offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Kalen DeBoer and Western Illinois head coach Bob Nielson."

Comment

If Nielson wants the job, the Yotes need to offer before he changes his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              From the stories we heard about Meierkort's tenure, Glenn had his hands full just cleaning things up. Surely he deserves credit for putting a solid foundation in place for the next coach.
                              From the outside looking in, I would say that I perceive Glenn to be a good man who took on a tough situation, and probably made more progress than what has materialized as wins for the program. I think this example should make us feel proud of the way the Jackrabbits transitioned under coach Stig. USD isn't there yet, but I think clearly are much closer to the success they crave then they were before coach Glenn's tenure.
                              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Tweets from Mick Garry and Jay Elsen hearing from sources Bob Nielsen will be head coach of USD.

Comment

Working...
                                X