Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joe Glenn to Retire ?

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    If Joe had a salary of $145K, he would be with at least $14,500 per year into the SDRS. That would be $58,000. He would have that annuitized for the duration of his life or he could withdraw the money and run to Vegas. Either way, he should have a few more dollars for golf balls.
    I stand to be correct, we are talking real money here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I was eluding to that in my post thanks for running the #'s oldhare typical payout on pensions is 7% per year. I'm not sure how SDRS calculates theirs. But yes it's enough for a nice little donation to the program if nothing else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Remember that half of the money going into the program is Joe's contribution. The university matches 5%-6% of the salary. It is still around the $30K as a benefit and the defined benefit that is paid out is better than the regular annuity payout.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          Remember that half of the money going into the program is Joe's contribution. The university matches 5%-6% of the salary. It is still around the $30K as a benefit and the defined benefit that is paid out is better than the regular annuity payout.
          I believe that 6% is mandatory due to the match, unless it's changed. Anything above that is eligible for SDRS supplemental.
          I know a Guy who worked for the state making $21.44/hour the entire time he worked there ended Mar 2012 (4 years) and when he reaches retirement age SDRS will pay $260 a month if he never works there again. That's not chump change all things considered.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            I believe that 6% is mandatory due to the match, unless it's changed. Anything above that is eligible for SDRS supplemental.
            I know a Guy who worked for the state making $21.44/hour the entire time he worked there ended Mar 2012 (4 years) and when he reaches retirement age SDRS will pay $260 a month if he never works there again. That's not chump change all things considered.
            I would say the SDRS is a very good system. I would have gotten about that amount from a private firm if I had waited until age 65 to start drawing it down, but it took 10 years as opposed to 4 years to be vested or eligible. I started drawing at age 55 and will continue to get $126.44 per month for as long as I am breathing. Back to Joe Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I'd be surprised if USD ends up with Wes Beschorner as head coach. He hasn't accomplished much. Their experiment with a retread (Joe Glenn) didn't go very well. I'm guessing they'll bring in a bargain-priced outsider they can tout as an up and comer.
              You would be guessing wrong. Wishful thinking on your part

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                So your prediction is Wes will be named Head Coach?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                  So your prediction is Wes will be named Head Coach?
                  I think he's insinuating that it'll be a big catch. Nick Saban.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    How long was joe coach 3 years? Doesn't that qualify him for a nice little retirement perk from SDRS? or is it 4 years. It wouldn't make a man rich but wouldn't be insignificant.
                    It's 3 years to be vested with SDRS.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                      It's 3 years to be vested with SDRS.
                      Good for Joe, he got his pension and that's why he no doubt quit.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Maybe not Sabin but maybe a Joe Salem kind of guy who can win.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Lane Kiffin, perhaps?
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            I probably am wrong on the "bargain-priced" part of my guess. There's probably no longer such a thing as a "bargain-priced" head coach in the Missouri Valley. Salary standards have gotten pretty well established.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              I probably am wrong on the "bargain-priced" part of my guess. There's probably no longer such a thing as a "bargain-priced" head coach in the Missouri Valley. Salary standards have gotten pretty well established.
                              I think USD is willing to pony up the dollars. I'm hearing $220-250,00. I've been told a few of the names on the initial short list. Who knows if they are accurate. It doesn't matter. Time will tell. They seem to have done well with men's and women's BBall so I'd expect them to do okay in this area too.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That is fine, but if you go pay that for a coach, you are probably going to have to up your assistant coach salary and bring his guys with, which again is alright, but you will have new staff, which will probably mean, transfers, and rebuild. Which is why I questions the Joe Glenn hire in the first place.

Talk to most in Wyoming and they love Joe Glenn, most would like him to come back. And you won't find anyone to question whether Joe Glenn is a good football coach, recruiter, and talking head for your University.

The problem is when you hire a semi-retired coach, you need a plan, maybe not necessarily a coach in place, but a plan. Throughout the Joe Glenn era I questioned what the plan was, maybe it was just to be so-so to bad and to raise money. But on the field it just seemed like it wasn't really there.

Comment

Working...
                                X