NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

Maybe it's just because I'm way more familiar with NDSU than SHSU, but I think NDSU is gonna drill them. On the other hand, I can only hope SHSU is a different team than NDSU has faced thus far.

Coming into the playoffs I pretty much figured NDSU would have a pretty easy time getting to the Championship game. I thought GSU might give them a game, but that didn't even happen.
    Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 12-22-2011, 09:00 PM.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm looking forward to watching what should be a good game between two teams playing well. I will be rooting for the team in yellow & green myself.

Question though, what's the over-under on the number of times the ESPN announcers call the Bison "North Dakota". Also, any bets on how many times the announcers call out the Bison as being from South Dakota?
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        I'm looking forward to watching what should be a good game between two teams playing well. I will be rooting for the team in yellow & green myself.

Question though, what's the over-under on the number of times the ESPN announcers call the Bison "North Dakota". Also, any bets on how many times the announcers call out the Bison as being from South Dakota?
        I will be rooting for NDSU as well.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

All fan bases have their bad apples, we have JBB-lakes-mplsbison.

This should be a good game overall. IMO, the Bison will win this with the type of offense we run...power west-coast and a controlled short passing game.

SHSU is a good team. They run an option type offense out of the spread. Not a true option but their QB can throw the ball. Good RBs and good team speed.

The Bison defense is playing at a high level right now....we'll see in 2 1/2 weeks though. Defense wins championships and I think this will give the Bison the edge in the game.

A Bison win is good for the MV.

IMO, if the Jacks get the running game in order and shore up some defensive holes, the playoffs are a definite possibility next year. Sumner looks like the real deal at QB. The Jacks/Bison game in Fargo should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            I will be rooting for NDSU as well.
            As will I

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
              I hope you come to Fargo and tailgate next year...you might even change your opinion a little bit. Bison fans are not humble, but we do enjoy other fan bases that are proud of their team as well.
              I may just be in the Fargo area, since my lady friend lives on a farm west of Fargo. She will not let me even listen to all this bison talk that is on KFGO in the past few days. I get this Do we have to listen to this? all the time. She could care less about the Bison or even Jacks so I have problem. We have other things in common however. I supose I do envy the Bison fans because they do have a great tradition to follow. I know some or most of the fans are really good people. Since SDSU upset Washington last Sunday in BB, I think we too have had a reason to feel arrogant or cocky.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I may just be in the Fargo area, since my lady friend lives on a farm west of Fargo. She will not let me even listen to all this bison talk that is on KFGO in the past few days. I get this Do we have to listen to this? all the time. She could care less about the Bison or even Jacks so I have problem. We have other things in common however. I supose I do envy the Bison fans because they do have a great tradition to follow. I know some or most of the fans are really good people. Since SDSU upset Washington last Sunday in BB, I think we too have had a reason to feel arrogant or cocky.
                Bring her out tailgating...especially for a SDSU/NDSU tailgate...I really think it would do a lot to sway her view. She could see (and be a part of) a good time where friends get together and new friends are made. Tailgating is a good family friendly event even for those who don't really care for the game. Trust me on this, she would have a good time...and with time it may even get her a bit interested in the sport. Just takes time. Hope to meet you next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                  All fan bases have their bad apples, we have JBB-lakes-mplsbison.

This should be a good game overall. IMO, the Bison will win this with the type of offense we run...power west-coast and a controlled short passing game.

SHSU is a good team. They run an option type offense out of the spread. Not a true option but their QB can throw the ball. Good RBs and good team speed.

The Bison defense is playing at a high level right now....we'll see in 2 1/2 weeks though. Defense wins championships and I think this will give the Bison the edge in the game.

A Bison win is good for the MV.

IMO, if the Jacks get the running game in order and shore up some defensive holes, the playoffs are a definite possibility next year. Sumner looks like the real deal at QB. The Jacks/Bison game in Fargo should be a good one.
                  I think NDSU physically beats up SHSU and my hope is the Bison roll. The only sad part is that I would have liked to see Montana in Texas. An MVFC drubbing of the "King of the Big Sky" would have been fun to watch. Good luck to our mates. We may have our differences but in the end we are and will always be tied to the folks up north.

Comment

How many starters return for the Jacks next year?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                      Bring her out tailgating...especially for a SDSU/NDSU tailgate...I really think it would do a lot to sway her view. She could see (and be a part of) a good time where friends get together and new friends are made. Tailgating is a good family friendly event even for those who don't really care for the game. Trust me on this, she would have a good time...and with time it may even get her a bit interested in the sport. Just takes time. Hope to meet you next fall.
                      People in their 70's do not change their minds. Thats what I am dealing with and of course I turned 70 this year. Thanks for the suggestion.

Good luck to the Bison. I understand the 4000 tickets are being distributed on a point system based on past donations. A good plan, SDSU has a similar pt system and it would no doubt be used to distribute tickets if and when we reach the FCS finals. What is hilarious is over on the Coyote board, Coyote fan is complaining about the USD AD spending to much time dreaming up benefits to give to donors and not giving anything to the average ticket holder. Some of us just dont get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                        How many starters return for the Jacks next year?
                        Here's the thread on next years depth chart:

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...2-2-Deep-Chart

It's a hard to put an exact number on returning starters because of injuries and depth chart movement throughout the year, but we are returning a good portion of our team and a fair amount of them were underclassmen. The best part: The Jacks have a budding star at QB returning that will be only a sophomore!
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

7 days and no reply's? no one wants to make predictions?
                          ndsu 34 shsu 7 yes, i think it will be a mirror image of the georgia southern game.

Comment

Originally posted by nflbison View Post
                            ndsu 34 shsu 7 yes, i think it will be a mirror image of the georgia southern game.
                            I've already made my prediction. See post #16.

Comment

OH, are the Bison still in it?

Bison 28 SHS 14

Comment

Ha!!!! You mean you let Lakes back on your board????
                                Unleash the fury!!!!!!1!

Comment

Working...
                                X