NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

Turn back the clock a few years ago, when XDSU's made the move to Division 1 athletics, NDSU had the storied Football progam and SDSU had more recent MBB success (and WBB - but that had been secondary, with the exception of the Div II championship team, led by Melissa Pater). It was assumed that those trends would continue and it finally seems that may be happening - or some would say "order, is being restored".

But SDSU, made the conscious effort to study winning 1AA FB programs and latched their hopes on learning from an established program (Georgia Southern) to see what it takes to build a winning program. (We all know that we could have done a case study on the school to the north, but we had to do it our way - I understand that)

Much of what we learned from the study of Georgia Southern centered on their facilities. While we have identified those needs, I'm a little concerned we aren't moving fast enough in that direction. Obviously, it all comes down to the almighty dollar$$, but I'm a little afraid we aren't moving with enough determination and "drive". Perhaps things are happening behind the scenes that the common man doesn't know about - but I don't think we want to get caught letting our feet dry in the concrete.

We all heard when USD decided to make the move, they were looking to model their programs after UNI. With all due respect, we would have been as well served turning our attention to the north. The Missouri Valley FB Conference finally has a school that can "finish", unlike UNI.

I know that Lakes has NDSU in the Big Ten four years from now, but I hope we have our facilities in place at that time and can take over the role of "finisher". Congrats to the Bison - Let's get the Jacks on track for a timely renewal of our complex. Go Jacks!

Comment

I understand your frustration MaddogJack. Many of us want great facilities, but money is what talks. Also, add in the fact that the BOR postponed things for another year and it surely feels that way.

However, I got word that we will be hearing something within the next month on the indoor practice facility? Did others hear the same?
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Impressive defensive effort. Definitely going to be fun competing with NDSU for the immediate future.
        Agree that defense was the key. The final score of the Jacks - Bison game didn't show it,but I still think the Jacks offense moved the ball as well,if not better than any of the teams the Bison faced in the play-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Ndsu defense won the game ... Impressive effort.Bison fan's claims about having more fans in the stands than SHSU is doubtful. I'll have to look back at the game... Seems to me when I had the game on the yellow and green had a big crowd but it wasn't half of those in the stadium. Bison attendance claims have been regularly wrong for years.
          I would put the attendance at 55% NDSU 45% Sam Houston. Nobody doubted this...not even the die hard Sam Houston fans.

Comment

No one denies this!
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

The nation's #2 drunkest city will have approximately 7 1/2 months to build that "lore" up to 85% Bizun faithful to the home team's pitiful 15%. By then, they will also be the #1 drunkest city. Let's go Rabb-its!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                The nation's #2 drunkest city will have approximately 7 1/2 months to build that "lore" up to 85% Bizun faithful to the home team's pitiful 15%. By then, they will also be the #1 drunkest city. Let's go Rabb-its!!!!
                Sounds like butthurt to me...thought that was reserved for el forko grande.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  Ahh some of us are sore losers, but I am not. Congrats to the Bison, they won it fair and square. el forko grande?? funny

Some how I fail to see the humor in binge drinking, most of if not all of the victims are old enough to be my grandchildren, thats if I had children which I have none.

Comment

I know I've got my work cut out for me, but it is my mission to to convince you to make it out to tailgating for our next football game. Your lady is against it, but it can be done. Stop by for one hour...just one. I'd really like to meet you and I think we both would have a good time. I love your passion for your team and I have learned a lot about the Jacks by reading your posts...I really enjoyed the history lesson on CAS. You would be well received in the west lot...all passionate fans are.

Comment

TA Bison is right on with the 55-45 split at the game. Frisco's mayor said Bison fans traveled just as well or better than the Kansas State and Arkansas fans at the Cotton Bowl.....they brought in around 12K fans each.

You can "bad-mouth" Bison fans all you want to but the fact is that we support our team and travel very well.

Comment

No disrespect intended TAB. I was in a snarky mood last night online. That happens anytime I'm stuck to think about the 605, C-Oats or Udot - whatever you want to call them.

I offer kudos to the Bison on their championship. My greatest fear has happened - and that is, that NDSU may well have returned to their culture of excellence in FB. (That and a program that has 150k+ people in their backyard, as we are aware, is difficult to overcome)

I don't want to whine and complain, but will rather lend my voice in support of the Jacks. Go Jacks!!!

Comment

No disrespect intended TAB. I was in a snarky mood last night online. That happens anytime I'm stuck to think about the 605, C-Oats or Udot - whatever you want to call them.

I offer kudos to the Bison on their championship. My greatest fear has happened - and that is, that NDSU may well have returned to their culture of excellence in FB. (That and a program that has 150k+ people in their backyard, as we are aware, is difficult to overcome)

I don't want to whine and complain, but will rather lend my voice in support of the Jacks. Go Jacks!!!
                          Sounds fair enough. I think it will be an awesome game next year...I am sure glad we don't have to play you at CAS this year! If you get a running back look out!

Comment

Sounds fair enough. I think it will be an awesome game next year...I am sure glad we don't have to play you at CAS this year! If you get a
                            running back look out!
                            I like your summary of our team and you are right. If we could have a more solid run game with our passing attack - look out. Things could change for us quickly!

Let's hope next year for both teams sake, our game has a lot riding on it!

Comment

It is scary how well you guys passed with opposing defenses having little to no fear of your running attack. Throw in a running back and a better blocking scheme...oh baby.

Comment

It is scary how well you guys passed with opposing defenses having little to no fear of your running attack. Throw in a running back and a better blocking scheme...oh baby.
                                Tyrel Kool was suppose to be the apparent heir to Minnett's running game. What happened here is something no one seems to want to talk about especially former Coach Meadows. Either they had him run plays that did not work or something did not develope that should have. Maybe Tyrel had too much fun at WR and wanted to be back at that job. I dont have a clue. He has more speed than Minnett, but somehow just never got going. Zenner showed some potential and give him another season we should see some good results. Plus we have a red shirt freshman name Gandy a Twin cities recruit, so its not like we need to find a running back as a top priority for this years recruiting class.

Comment

Working...
                                X