• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nidaros
    replied
    Re: NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Sounds like butthurt to me...thought that was reserved for el forko grande.
    Ahh some of us are sore losers, but I am not. Congrats to the Bison, they won it fair and square. el forko grande?? funny

Some how I fail to see the humor in binge drinking, most of if not all of the victims are old enough to be my grandchildren, thats if I had children which I have none.

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
    The nation's #2 drunkest city will have approximately 7 1/2 months to build that "lore" up to 85% Bizun faithful to the home team's pitiful 15%. By then, they will also be the #1 drunkest city. Let's go Rabb-its!!!!
    Sounds like butthurt to me...thought that was reserved for el forko grande.

Leave a comment:

• MaddogJack
    replied

The nation's #2 drunkest city will have approximately 7 1/2 months to build that "lore" up to 85% Bizun faithful to the home team's pitiful 15%. By then, they will also be the #1 drunkest city. Let's go Rabb-its!!!!

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

No one denies this!

Leave a comment:

• TransAmBison
    replied

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Ndsu defense won the game ... Impressive effort.Bison fan's claims about having more fans in the stands than SHSU is doubtful. I'll have to look back at the game... Seems to me when I had the game on the yellow and green had a big crowd but it wasn't half of those in the stadium. Bison attendance claims have been regularly wrong for years.
    I would put the attendance at 55% NDSU 45% Sam Houston. Nobody doubted this...not even the die hard Sam Houston fans.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Impressive defensive effort. Definitely going to be fun competing with NDSU for the immediate future.
    Agree that defense was the key. The final score of the Jacks - Bison game didn't show it,but I still think the Jacks offense moved the ball as well,if not better than any of the teams the Bison faced in the play-offs.

Leave a comment:

• SDSUAlum08
    replied

I understand your frustration MaddogJack. Many of us want great facilities, but money is what talks. Also, add in the fact that the BOR postponed things for another year and it surely feels that way.

However, I got word that we will be hearing something within the next month on the indoor practice facility? Did others hear the same?

Leave a comment:

• MaddogJack
    replied

Turn back the clock a few years ago, when XDSU's made the move to Division 1 athletics, NDSU had the storied Football progam and SDSU had more recent MBB success (and WBB - but that had been secondary, with the exception of the Div II championship team, led by Melissa Pater). It was assumed that those trends would continue and it finally seems that may be happening - or some would say "order, is being restored".

But SDSU, made the conscious effort to study winning 1AA FB programs and latched their hopes on learning from an established program (Georgia Southern) to see what it takes to build a winning program. (We all know that we could have done a case study on the school to the north, but we had to do it our way - I understand that)

Much of what we learned from the study of Georgia Southern centered on their facilities. While we have identified those needs, I'm a little concerned we aren't moving fast enough in that direction. Obviously, it all comes down to the almighty dollar$$, but I'm a little afraid we aren't moving with enough determination and "drive". Perhaps things are happening behind the scenes that the common man doesn't know about - but I don't think we want to get caught letting our feet dry in the concrete.

We all heard when USD decided to make the move, they were looking to model their programs after UNI. With all due respect, we would have been as well served turning our attention to the north. The Missouri Valley FB Conference finally has a school that can "finish", unlike UNI.

I know that Lakes has NDSU in the Big Ten four years from now, but I hope we have our facilities in place at that time and can take over the role of "finisher". Congrats to the Bison - Let's get the Jacks on track for a timely renewal of our complex. Go Jacks!

Leave a comment:

• Bison Fan in NW MN
    replied

Ndsu defense won the game ... Impressive effort.Bison fan's claims about having more fans in the stands than SHSU is doubtful. I'll have to look back at the game... Seems to me when I had the game on the yellow and green had a big crowd but it wasn't half of those in the stadium. Bison attendance claims have been regularly wrong for years.

It was at least 50/50. Where I was sitting on the Bison side, there were bison fans in SHSU's section. I didn't see any SHSU fans on our side....but I couldn't see our whole side.

Anyway, we had a very good turnout for the game. Tailgate was awesome....game even better.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Impressive defensive effort. Definitely going to be fun competing with NDSU for the immediate future.
    You betcha

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

I agree,it's alway's fun to get to play the defending National Champions in any sport.

Leave a comment:

• HandoEX
    replied

Actually, go to Katfans and see what they say about attendance.

Leave a comment:

• HandoEX
    replied

I was on the SHSU side in the front row. I asked a member of the SHSU athletic department on the sidelines what he thought the fan percentages were from am on the field perspective and he responded with 70% NDSU, 30% SHSU. That might be a little high but any SHSU fan will tell you that we had way more fans at yesterdays game.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X