Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies

I liked both We are Marshall and Pursuit of Happyness. I would say both are good movies, just short of being great movies. The best movie I've seen in the past year was "The Departed." Awesome flick. I would like to see The Good Shephard. Anyone seen that yet.

Comment

If anyone's looking for a really good movie that kind of flew under the radar, rent "Brick". Great movie. I'm not a movie snob that says crap like "the cinematography was unbelieveable" or anything like that, but it was just a cool movie. Good plot and story-line with only minimal believability issues. Well worth the $3.00 from Hollywood Video or Blockbuster.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Recently saw "3:10 to Yuma". Was looking forward to it as I like Westerns and there hasn't been any really good ones since Unforgiven. I thought with Russell Crowe this should be good. It wasn't. It just wasn't believable. They just kill everyone, almost for no reason. I know if its a Western you've got to have some shootouts but in this movie they just wantonly kill everybody.

Comment

The wife and I went to "The Heartbreak Kid", Ben Stiller's new movie. Word to the wise, save your $$. It was less than good IMO. Pulled a double that night and went to the "Bourne Ultimatum"...another quality Matt Damon movie. All three "Bourne" movies were good IMO.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
            The wife and I went to "The Heartbreak Kid", Ben Stiller's new movie. Word to the wise, save your $$. It was less than good IMO. Pulled a double that night and went to the "Bourne Ultimatum"...another quality Matt Damon movie. All three "Bourne" movies were good IMO.
            I agree on the Bourne Ultimatum. Great movie and a great addition to the Bource trilogy.

Comment

I agree on "Heartbreak Kid", saw it this weekend. Save your $$$.

Go Big Blue!!!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

anyone see No Country For Old Men?? i thought it was really good.

Comment

The Ultimate Gift..great movie for you and a gf/wife

Comment

Has anyone seen I am Legend yet?

My buddy said it was insanely good and scary....took him an hour afterwards to unwind.

Not to mention the preview for The Dark Knight that shows before the movie starts.

I need to see this movie.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Wife and my two girls always go to a movie Christmas afternoon.

Any suggestions?

Comment

For anyone looking to rent an absolutely great movie, go out and rent "Once". For music fans, it's close to unbeatable. For movie fans, it's equally as good. Do yourselves a favor and check it out.

Saw "I am Legend" over the holidays. I really enjoyed it. It's not exactly one that makes you think hard, but it's a fun movie to watch with lots of scare moments in it.

I've only heard great things about "No Country For Old Men". If my wife wasn't such a wimp, I'd go to it tonight. She doesn't like those sorts of movies, though.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I have watched many of the 'new' movies and haven't been real impressed. But, tonight, I went to The Bucket List. That's a good one with two of our top actors.

Comment

Saw No Country for Old Men. Amazing. The whole atmosphere of the film is tense. It has a few scenes that just burned into my memory and when I think about them, they almost make me shiver. My girlfriend was afraid to go into a room with a closed door after seeing it. Also, guys, if your woman tries to make you go see P.S. I love you, fake an illness or come up with some emergency. Two hours of my life I will never get back. She owes me for that one.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I may have to turn in my "Man Card" for this, but I went to "Juno" on Saturday with the wife. Actually thought it was a pretty good little comedy.

Rip away.
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Went to National Treasure Friday night. Dozed off during the part where Nicholas Cage kidnaps the president. Not because it wasn't any good, but I think from the five beers I had at Charlies Pizza before we went. Need to watch it again...

Comment

Working...
                                X