• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbitlivinginverm
    replied
    Re: Movies

Originally posted by footballfan
    Went to World Trade Center, I really enjoyed it. It was so quiet in the theatre you could have heard a pin drop. It was very enjoyable.

Go Jacks  !!!!!!
    Wife and I are going to 1 of the following 3 tonight:

Tallahaga Nights
    You, Me and Dupree
    WTC

I think either one of the three will be money well spent.

Leave a comment:

• footballfan
    replied

Went to World Trade Center, I really enjoyed it. It was so quiet in the theatre you could have heard a pin drop. It was very enjoyable.

Go Jacks !!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Haldersham
    replied

I made the mistake of going to Barnyard. There is still a kid in me as I love animated films. The Simpsons and King of the Hill are among my TV favorites as was Beavis and Butthead before they stopped making it.  I thought Barnyard might be toying with the themes of George Orwell's Animal Farm, but it was far from it.  If this animation was directed toward children, why did the maker fail to tell the kids, that bovine or cattle have two genders just as human's do namely male and female. To show Ben the Bull and his irresponsible son Ottis with female udders was an act of dishonesty. Also absent was the term bull as in male and unaltered bovine. Only females are cows. This whole movie smacked of urban ignorance.

They go on to show how the animals party when the farmer is not looking. Now that one seems a little reasonable and good imagination.  This part I enjoyed and was at times funny. The leadership theme was good also. Maybe this will make an impression on 7 to 10 years old. I think this was the target.
    Sometimes I often wonder if humans act like animals or do animals act like of humans. Maybe a little of both.

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Just make sure you stay for the credits to see some additional clips. Couldn't stop laughing when (forgive me if I get his name wrong) Micheal Clarke sang the song to Will. FUNNY!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It was a pretty dang funny movie i wanna see it again. nice little cameo by dale junior in the movie.

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. Just was too lazy to type the entire name of the movie. I saw it in Brookings. :-[

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I'll be going to Taladaga this weekend.
    Talladega Nights seen in Talladega. Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

yeah, it opened on Friday night. Went to it on Saturday. FUNNY!!! There are some outtakes at the very end if you want to stay for them.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Isnt the Ballad of Rickey Bobby opening tonight also?

Leave a comment:

• bub94
    replied

I'll be going to Taladaga this weekend. Went to you,me, and dupree and it's average. Pirates II was good. As for renting, 2 that just came out I liked are V for Vendetta and Benchwarmers. Might have to go to Clerks II this weekend too.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i wouldnt mind seeing a double feature of Cars and Talladega Nights this weekend. Good movie weekend for Movies kind of dealing with cars and NASCAR.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitlivinginverm
    replied

I'm not a huge Robert Redford fan either, but The Natural is one of my favorites.

some others:

Godfather I, II, III
    Tango and Cash
    Life as a House
    Major League
    Fever Pitch
    Shawshenk Redemtion
    Seven
    Fight Club
    Stigmata
    Lord of the Ring I, II, III
    American Beauty
    The Usual Suspects
    Pulp Fiction
    Mr. Deeds
    Spanglish
    Dirty Work

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
    [quote author=jackrabbit1979 link=1147614091/0#8 date=1148501114][quote author=JackTwice link=1147614091/0#2 date=1147665975]In the rental department, my father can't stop talking about "An Unfinished Life".  It starts Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez among others.  I haven't seen it yet but will be soon.  I just watched "Derailed" this weekend.  Thought it was a little slow but has a nice plot twist that makes you sit up in your chair and go "cool!"
    I saw "An Unfinished Life" this past weekend, it if a pretty good flick.  Anything with Morgan Freeman can't be bad, he is just a great actor.  I am not too big a fan of Robert Redford usually, but did like his role in this one.  Nevermind the fact that JLO (despite her acting) isn't too hard on the eyes.  Also saw United 93 (pretty good movie if you like 9/11 stuff) and the Da Vinci Code.  The movie definately wasn't as good as the book but it is still very enjoyable.  [/quote]

"The Natural"....Robert Redford....great baseball movie.
    [/quote]

Okay, you got me. "The Natural" is a great movie, he was also in the "The Sting" which is an older movie but really good too. For some reason i can't get past The Horse Whisperer or Indecent Proposal (only because it is shown on TBS or TNT like every weekend).

PS: I could talk movies all day long...if anybody wants to post a top ten favorite list, i am in.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitlivinginverm
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979
    [quote author=JackTwice link=1147614091/0#2 date=1147665975]In the rental department, my father can't stop talking about "An Unfinished Life".  It starts Robert Redford, Morgan Freeman and Jennifer Lopez among others.  I haven't seen it yet but will be soon.  I just watched "Derailed" this weekend.  Thought it was a little slow but has a nice plot twist that makes you sit up in your chair and go "cool!"
    I saw "An Unfinished Life" this past weekend, it if a pretty good flick.  Anything with Morgan Freeman can't be bad, he is just a great actor.  I am not too big a fan of Robert Redford usually, but did like his role in this one.  Nevermind the fact that JLO (despite her acting) isn't too hard on the eyes.  Also saw United 93 (pretty good movie if you like 9/11 stuff) and the Da Vinci Code.  The movie definately wasn't as good as the book but it is still very enjoyable.  [/quote]

"The Natural"....Robert Redford....great baseball movie.

Leave a comment:

• MilwaukeeJacksAlum
    replied

Boondock Saints. A great guy's movie. Trust me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X