Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies

I'll be going to Taladaga this weekend. Went to you,me, and dupree and it's average. Pirates II was good. As for renting, 2 that just came out I liked are V for Vendetta and Benchwarmers. Might have to go to Clerks II this weekend too.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Isnt the Ballad of Rickey Bobby opening tonight also?

Comment

yeah, it opened on Friday night. Went to it on Saturday. FUNNY!!! There are some outtakes at the very end if you want to stay for them.
        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I'll be going to Taladaga this weekend.
          Talladega Nights seen in Talladega. Nice work!

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. Just was too lazy to type the entire name of the movie. I saw it in Brookings. :-[

Comment

It was a pretty dang funny movie i wanna see it again. nice little cameo by dale junior in the movie.

Comment

Just make sure you stay for the credits to see some additional clips. Couldn't stop laughing when (forgive me if I get his name wrong) Micheal Clarke sang the song to Will. FUNNY!!

Comment

I made the mistake of going to Barnyard. There is still a kid in me as I love animated films. The Simpsons and King of the Hill are among my TV favorites as was Beavis and Butthead before they stopped making it.  I thought Barnyard might be toying with the themes of George Orwell's Animal Farm, but it was far from it.  If this animation was directed toward children, why did the maker fail to tell the kids, that bovine or cattle have two genders just as human's do namely male and female. To show Ben the Bull and his irresponsible son Ottis with female udders was an act of dishonesty. Also absent was the term bull as in male and unaltered bovine. Only females are cows. This whole movie smacked of urban ignorance.

They go on to show how the animals party when the farmer is not looking. Now that one seems a little reasonable and good imagination.  This part I enjoyed and was at times funny. The leadership theme was good also. Maybe this will make an impression on 7 to 10 years old. I think this was the target.
                  Sometimes I often wonder if humans act like animals or do animals act like of humans. Maybe a little of both.

Comment

Went to World Trade Center, I really enjoyed it. It was so quiet in the theatre you could have heard a pin drop. It was very enjoyable.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
                      Went to World Trade Center, I really enjoyed it. It was so quiet in the theatre you could have heard a pin drop. It was very enjoyable.

Go Jacks  !!!!!!
                      Wife and I are going to 1 of the following 3 tonight:

Tallahaga Nights
                      You, Me and Dupree
                      WTC

I think either one of the three will be money well spent.

Comment

Maybe I am getting really old, but I went to Taladega Nights and was not at all impressed. I think I laughed out loud once during the whole thing. More laughter was heard during the credits than during the entire movie. Usually I don't like going to "funny" movies in the theatre because you miss half the one-liners while everyone is laughing. I think I heard every word of this movie, cause no one in the whole place was laughing. Wish I would have went to WTC instead. :-/
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan
                          Maybe I am getting really old, but I went to Taladega Nights and was not at all impressed.  I think I laughed out loud once during the whole thing.  More laughter was heard during the credits than during the entire movie.  Usually I don't like going to "funny" movies in the theatre because you miss half the one-liners while everyone is laughing.  I think I heard every word of this movie, cause no one in the whole place was laughing.  Wish I would have went to WTC instead. :-/
                          You could have made a bigger mistake, namely going to Barnyard like I did. I too am having a hard getting interested in Taladega Nights, NASCAR and Comedy dont seem to be two compatible elements, but may have to go to see what its all about.

Comment

Went to "We Are Marshall" last evening (yes, an exciting New Year's Eve!). It's worth the price of admission.

Comment

We are Marshall is an awesome movie. Went to it with Wags and it sparked some interesting discussion afterwards.

Comment

I saw the Will Smith movie, "The Pursuit of Happyness". I thought it was one of the better movies I've seen in quite a while. Also saw "We Are Marshall" last week and that was really good too!

Comment

Working...
                                X