Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Steals USD Verbal Sherlock

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
    the Gophers will DESTROY the coyotes next year, if uni was 66-7, minnesota might be 99-7. I cant wait, ill be in my season ticket spot at TCF laughing during the bloodbath.
    Northwestern Oklahoma State NAIA team Lamar hasn't put a team on the field since 1989. Guess every team has to have a chance to win a few games!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      I remember being forced to use "Hooked on Phonics" when I was a kid. My grammatical errors went down at about the same rate as my self-esteem... I still haven't forgiven my parents.
      HuKt on FOniCS WUrKed 4 MEE.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Last time I checked we don't play every game at CAS and it's not cold the entire season so why would we recruit players that in your mind play well only in that kind of enviroment. I think you have lost your mind. Plenty of speed on the Jacks roster, but like every team your always looking for more.
        If memory serves me correctly, eight of the ten schools in the Valley play on fake grass. I'm sure the coaching staff isn't sacrificing speed for anything else.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          If memory serves me correctly, eight of the ten schools in the Valley play on fake grass. I'm sure the coaching staff isn't sacrificing speed for anything else.
          Yep, except there's nine teams in the Valley (great split 4 home/4 away each season). WIU & SDSU play on grass. Everybody else is field turf except NDSU which plays on astro-turf or the equivalent.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
            exactly!

Comment

the Gophers will DESTROY the coyotes next year, if uni was 66-7, minnesota might be 99-7. I cant wait, ill be in my season ticket spot at TCF laughing during the bloodbath.
              ...you got season tickets? hmmm, so does Lakes...you two should hook up
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

his friendly brother does, lakes just claims them.:;

Comment

Holy crap....this BURNS me up. One at a time....

WOE IS U(dot):
                  1.) If you (U-dot fan) think that Meierkort would completely cease recruiting simply b/c a kid has given a verbal then send me your email, I have a bridge for sale.

JOHN STIGELMY-TEAMS BETTER:
                  2.) If the coach of my team simply threw in the towel on kids who gave verbals I would ask for a new coach. If you think that all coaches throughout the country back off of kids they want simply b/c the kid gave a verbal to another school then keep bidding, I'll throw in a year supply of sham-wows w/ that bridge.

ED MEIR-HYPO-COURT (hypocrite):
                  3.) I know of two guys Meirkort recruited. One verballed only to leave and join Augie. One was serious on USD before leaving to join SDSU. I will tell you in all honesty that Ed was all over these kids after they decided not to go to USD. One kid (current Augie player) had to hand the phone over to his dad b/c he couldn't get Ed of his case. True story and the dad even hung up on Ed. Other kid said Ed was all over him and even admitted he wouldn't be the same guy once the kid got on campus.

DUMP-STACK EXPIERIENCE: (huh?)
                  4.) Why the hell, if given the chance, would a kid choose "me-too-U" over SDSU? Tell me that U-dot fans? Right now it's not even close. Play for a top 15 FCS program or play for a Great West program. Great what?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Yep, except there's nine teams in the Valley (great split 4 home/4 away each season). WIU & SDSU play on grass. Everybody else is field turf except NDSU which plays on astro-turf or the equivalent.
                    Thanks for correcting me. I realized this morning that what I had written was wrong. By the time I got here to fix it, you had already done so.
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

• Re: SDSU Steals USD Verbal Sherlock

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                      Holy crap....this BURNS me up. One at a time....

WOE IS U(dot):
                      1.) If you (U-dot fan) think that Meierkort would completely cease recruiting simply b/c a kid has given a verbal then send me your email, I have a bridge for sale.

JOHN STIGELMY-TEAMS BETTER:
                      2.) If the coach of my team simply threw in the towel on kids who gave verbals I would ask for a new coach. If you think that all coaches throughout the country back off of kids they want simply b/c the kid gave a verbal to another school then keep bidding, I'll throw in a year supply of sham-wows w/ that bridge.

ED MEIR-HYPO-COURT (hypocrite):
                      3.) I know of two guys Meirkort recruited. One verballed only to leave and join Augie. One was serious on USD before leaving to join SDSU. I will tell you in all honesty that Ed was all over these kids after they decided not to go to USD. One kid (current Augie player) had to hand the phone over to his dad b/c he couldn't get Ed of his case. True story and the dad even hung up on Ed. Other kid said Ed was all over him and even admitted he wouldn't be the same guy once the kid got on campus.

DUMP-STACK EXPIERIENCE: (huh?)
                      4.) Why the hell, if given the chance, would a kid choose "me-too-U" over SDSU? Tell me that U-dot fans? Right now it's not even close. Play for a top 15 FCS program or play for a Great West program. Great what?
                      WHAT! AUGIE EVILLY AND UNETHICALLY STEALING RECRUITS FROM THE GREATEST COLLEGE EVER TO EXIST ON THIS EARTH OR ANY OTHER?

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Nice!

I guess this ends the debate over whether coaches continue recruiting after verbals are given.

Also, love the stories on how athletes were treated after deciding on another school. First hand experience - I had talked to the coach at Jamestown College once, next time I talked to him I told him I'd decided to walk on at SDSU and he proceeded to question my abilities, my choice, and wished me luck standing on the sidelines for four years at State when I could have been a star at Jamestown. Wow, do I ever regret my decision.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                          Nice!

I guess this ends the debate over whether coaches continue recruiting after verbals are given.

Also, love the stories on how athletes were treated after deciding on another school. First hand experience - I had talked to the coach at Jamestown College once, next time I talked to him I told him I'd decided to walk on at SDSU and he proceeded to question my abilities, my choice, and wished me luck standing on the sidelines for four years at State when I could have been a star at Jamestown. Wow, do I ever regret my decision.
                          Didn't USD's football coach at the time tell Greenway he wasn't good enough to play at Iowa? Was told that was a big factor in the Steffen's going to State.

I think the bigger question is how to change this. You hardly ever see basketball players changing verbals on the D-I level but you see it all the time in football. would an early signing period help?

Comment

And after demolishing the Coyotes, the Gophers will be poised to make a run for the FCS Championship!

Oh wait...aren't they in the Big Ten?
                            University of South Dakota:
                            Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post

I think the bigger question is how to change this. You hardly ever see basketball players changing verbals on the D-I level but you see it all the time in football. would an early signing period help?
                              I think you nailed it. Not sure why one college sport has an early signing period and another does not.

One other possible issue....in football you sign 25+ kids every year. Basketball is different. You might have 0-5 schollies (5 would be pretty high) depending on the year. So in football you're more likely to sign, say, 3 runningbacks, making one feel he doesn't have a spot anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                                I wasn't gonna post this but just couldn't resist, like usual. Lets not beat around the bush with this. The Jacks stepped in and stole one of the USD verbals. There is no grey area in a black and white issue. It will be interesting to see what SDSU fans think of this. I am sure there will be plenty of reasons for them to do nothing but rationalize this as an honorable move. Of course the bu**sh*t will be spewing from the glass houses but I can assure you that if USD stole one of SDSU's verbals there would be a 20 page rant on this message board and everything that USD has done in the past 10 years would be scrutinized and USD would be called nothing but "cheap", " "second class", whatever you wanna call it. I bet now that the shoe is on the Jackrabbit foot everything is "all good".

Meirkort was talking about this on the radio yesterday (or something to it's effect) and said that it was immoral for a program to convince a verbal to change their mind. He said that at USD they don't recruit that way. Way to go Ed, way to go.

Which program plays with honor and integrity and which one doesn't? You the reader decide.
                                Ed Meirkort should NEVER talk about integrity......you should check back to his SMSU days....and there is nothing wrong with approaching a kid about his decision....and knowing the staff here....it wasn't a plaid jacket sales job like "fast eddy" would do.
                                Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                                Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X