SDSU Steals USD Verbal Sherlock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU Steals USD Verbal Sherlock

Yote it isn't about quantity, it is about getting the quality kids out of your state. If an FCS school was coming into North Dakota and taking our quality recruits I would be a bit upset.

Our Dakota recruiting has little to do with our failures, our out of region recruiting has been the major issue. Our retention has been low and our hit percentage isn't very good either.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      NDSU can own the Dakotas all they want in recruiting but that sure hasn't been helping much in the win loss column much as of late.
      And USD can recruit anywhere they want but it hasn't helped them in win loss column much at all.

Comment

By the way the rivals website had the same date on the website as the date I posted the link. The point is SDSU should be crushing USD in the recruiting battle but whether USD or SDSU is slightly ahead doesn't matter because the Yotes should be getting clearly defeated in the recruiting battle and that is definately not happening. I find it quite hilarious that many SDSU fans don't think USD is even in the same stratosphere when it comes to recruiting and that simply is not accurate.
        What is simply not accurate is you. You said the date on the site was the same as when you posted it. How the heck could you not see how inaccurate the information was? If you did know the site's info was inaccurate, why you do you try to build an argument with crap as its foundation? If you didn't know that the site's info was inaccurate, why should we think you know anything?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Better check your facts, SDSU actually had the worst recruiting class in the Dakotas for FCS schools.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank...sType=0&Sort=0

So I guess USD isn't having a real difficult time putting together a better recruiting class than SDSU according to Rivals.
          Arguing who has a better recruiting class right after signing day makes about as much sense as arguing who had a good NFL draft a week later. You simply don't know for at least 2-3 years how good/bad a recruiting class is....unless you're NDSU, as they have the best recruiting class in the nation year in and year out.
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Arguing who has a better recruiting class right after signing day makes about as much sense as arguing who had a good NFL draft a week later. You simply don't know for at least 2-3 years how good/bad a recruiting class is....unless you're NDSU, as they have the best recruiting class in the nation year in and year out.
            Ummm.... I hate Rivals, I hate Scout (except for Arizona's), I hate ESPN's, unless they are a 3 star recruit or nationally ranked and then even some times they are off I think the mass majority is bs. Black Hills State got a 2 star basketball recruit last year, does that mean are recruiting class should be compaired to SDSU's, NDSU's and USD's?

To my knowledge neither team got a 3 star recruit.... Unless you are a 3 star recruit or better all what you are is a decent player who went to all the camps and combines that the scouts are at and then probably sent Scout or Rivals or ESPN video and got ranked....

FCS recruits are full of 3 types of recruits, 1. really good but just not quite good enough for FBS, 2. FBS recruits who had an injury and fell to FCS, and 3. D-II recruits who did a really good job recruiting themselves....

USD had a good recruiting class but to my knowledge they didn't get anybody that SDSU was after (atleast on the scholarship level)

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
              Always something to whine about, it's never his fault.
              Well,afterall,there IS a winery in Vermillion.

Comment

I care first and foremost about getting the best players possible, period. USD has been focusing on recruiting speed so therefor they have been going out of state for many of their recruits. Generally South Dakota kids are big and strong but not necessarily fast. It's more important that the Yotes recruit speed since they play on a fast surface where speed becomes more important. Playing on grass in a cold weather environment such as Coughlin Alumni makes it more important to recruit size and strength moreso than speed. Speed gets neutralized a bit more on a choppy grass/dirt/mud field.

I would rather USD recruit talented players rather than just simply South Dakota players just because they are in state. Many of USD's top players have been from out of state.

By the way the rivals website had the same date on the website as the date I posted the link. The point is SDSU should be crushing USD in the recruiting battle but whether USD or SDSU is slightly ahead doesn't matter because the Yotes should be getting clearly defeated in the recruiting battle and that is definately not happening. I find it quite hilarious that many SDSU fans don't think USD is even in the same stratosphere when it comes to recruiting and that simply is not accurate.
                Its very obvious to me that you have never played football before and if u have then it would be a wonder where. SPEED is important no matter what the conditions are-cold or warm. Have u lost your mind?

Comment

I care first and foremost about getting the best players possible, period. USD has been focusing on recruiting speed so therefor they have been going out of state for many of their recruits. Generally South Dakota kids are big and strong but not necessarily fast. It's more important that the Yotes recruit speed since they play on a fast surface where speed becomes more important. Playing on grass in a cold weather environment such as Coughlin Alumni makes it more important to recruit size and strength moreso than speed. Speed gets neutralized a bit more on a choppy grass/dirt/mud field.

I would rather USD recruit talented players rather than just simply South Dakota players just because they are in state. Many of USD's top players have been from out of state.

Last time I checked we don't play every game at CAS and it's not cold the entire season so why would we recruit players that in your mind play well only in that kind of enviroment. I think you have lost your mind. Plenty of speed on the Jacks roster, but like every team your always looking for more.

Comment

You're a moron. Quit talking and go back to your hole. Everyone should stop responding to this guy.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Ace in the hole in any SDSU-USD argument.

SDSU - Pioneering Division 1 program in South Dakota
                      USD - A few years behind.

Comment

In four to five years into the future, we will know what kind of a recruit that SDSU allegedly stole from USD. This kid made his choice, and if there is records and evidence of SDSU recruiting after Sherlock verbal to USD, then ethically we may be wrong, but as long as he had not signed a letter of intent, I would think Sherlock would be fair game for other schools to recruit. If Mr. Sherlock decided on his own to investigate SDSU and make a visit to Brookings, then Ed needs to shut his pie hole and move on. Meirkort is not part of the Daley family and he does not own Chicago. Sometimes people feel like taking the first offer is the right move because, there might not be a second one.

Comment

Verbal "commitment" does not equal Letter Of Intent.

You'd think people who have a law school at their institution would know that verbal contracts are worth the paper they're written on.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm with Nidaros on this one and perhaps it can become a future thread. Perhaps eD SHOULD shut his pie hole!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Verbal "commitment" does not equal Letter Of Intent.

You'd think people who have a law school at their institution would know that verbal contracts are worth the paper they're written on.
                              I think I got beat up pretty good over such a comment a few years ago
                              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedRabbit View Post
                                Its very obvious to me that you have never played football before and if u have then it would be a wonder where. SPEED is important no matter what the conditions are-cold or warm. Have u lost your mind?
                                It is very obvious to me that you assume and don't read properly. I never said speed was not important and because you don't read carefully and/or properly you make other wrong assumtions as well.
                                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Working...
                                X