Coyotes humbled again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coyotes humbled again

I can't wait to play USD again, just to hear CF's excuses. Wants to make comparisons based on the competition that the Yotes are playing now? Ridiculous - and you want to question another's basketball savvy? You are a good fan CF, keep up the good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
      I can't wait to play USD again, just to hear CF's excuses. Wants to make comparisons based on the competition that the Yotes are playing now? Ridiculous - and you want to question another's basketball savvy? You are a good fan CF, keep up the good fight.
      Yeah. That's why he hasn't responded to a single thing in my post earlier today. Perhaps because I allowed as how the Coyotes probably don't totally suck. It's just the rest of the GWC that sucks. And it sucks HARD.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Chutzpah is talking trash on another board when your team goes on a little run by playing a schedule that does not include a team above 309 RPI in the last two months of the season. They sat on the sidelines and clucked and doubted while the Jacks stepped up. Then when they join the parade and beat up on the Texas Pan Americans and North Dakotas they are suddenly the very reincarnation of Naismith and Wooden. That's some chutzpah.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Would now be a good time to point out what a terrible logo the new Coyote logo is?

I mean . . . it really is awful--from a logo design point of view, I mean. It's way too detailed, and looks like crap when you see it on a TV broadcast.

SDSU's new logo, on TV, is easy to see and fairly distinctive, too--easily identifiable.

Point SDSU.

Yes, but the Cornell logo is 10th seeded in logo bracketology!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Would now be a good time to point out what a terrible logo the new Coyote logo is?

I mean . . . it really is awful--from a logo design point of view, I mean. It's way too detailed, and looks like crap when you see it on a TV broadcast.

SDSU's new logo, on TV, is easy to see and fairly distinctive, too--easily identifiable.

Point SDSU.
            I am sorry but a Jackrabbit is not gonna leave a positive impression on many. The best thing South Dakota State University could do is change their nickname. The Sioux are doing it so this would be SDSU's perfect opportunity to follow suit. Look out for the buck toothed rodents.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
              I am not worried just like I wasn't the last two times the teams laced it up against each other. You'd have no answer for Cain so you'd have to hope that your outside game was hitting on all cylinders.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Coyotes will not finish above .500 in the Summit league for the first 5 years of their participation.
                Care to place a wager on that?
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                  I am sorry but a Jackrabbit is not gonna leave a positive impression on many. The best thing South Dakota State University could do is change their nickname. The Sioux are doing it so this would be SDSU's perfect opportunity to follow suit. Look out for the buck toothed rodents.
                  I was worried that you were totally lacking a sense of humor behind those solid red glasses you wear, but the buck-toothed rodents comment shows that it's actually in there, somewhere.

Well done!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Let's explore this "desirability of program" basketball claim a little.
                    Facility - Frost vs. DakotaDump: SDSU
                    Size of school: SDSU is bigger
                    Support of fan base: SDSU
                    Transition status: SDSU (done, USD in middle of it).
                    Tradition: SDSU
                    Future prospects for next few seasons: SDSU
                    Women's program: SDSU
                    Number of other sports offered: SDSU
                    Coaching/administration: SDSU
                    Uniqueness of nickname: SDSU
                    Cost of hot dogs: Don't know. USD might have edge here.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Hey, I just saw this:

No. 23 New Mexico beats TCU 73-57 for 20th win

Now, using the time-honored and well-respected Smacky Nonsensical Law Of Transitive Score Comparisons For The Purpose Of Meaningless Chest-Puffery (SNLOTSCFTPOMC-P, or Snots-Cough-Pomp-CP for short). . .

SDSU just split a season series with Oral Roberts . . . which must mean that the two teams are about equally talented . . .

Oral Roberts beat New Mexico earlier this year . . .

So that means . . .

That both Oral Roberts and SDSU are better than the #23 team in the nation! That's gotta be worth more than a measly 10 seed, right?

Right?

RIGHT?

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        I am not worried just like I wasn't the last two times the teams laced it up against each other. You'd have no answer for Cain so you'd have to hope that your outside game was hitting on all cylinders.
                        Give me a break. If Cain was that good, he never would have ended up in Verminion.

Comment

I think USD SDSU would be a real competitive game. Anyone that thinks that USD doesn't have an advantage inside is clinically insane. And hasn't watched both teams play. Cain and Smith would destroy SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                            Give me a break. If Cain was that good, he never would have ended up in Verminion.
                            Watch him play. He would be the best player on the floor in an USD SDSU game. I don't think he ever made it to Verminion, either? Is that located somewhere in Middle Earth? I think the only way to make it to Verminion is if you take a wrong turn at Hogwarts...

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                              Watch him play. He would be the best player on the floor in an USD SDSU game. I don't think he ever made it to Verminion, either? Is that located somewhere in Middle Earth? I think the only way to make it to Verminion is if you take a wrong turn at Hogwarts...
                              That's very funny RabbitObserver, very funny. At least someone has an ounce of sense in them. Always a Coyote Rabbit Observer, Always a Coyote.

To most Rabbit fans they just take out of something what they want to take out of it. It used to be that USD would struggle in D1, now that they are having success in a D1 conference it's got to be the weakness of the conference. The Great West football conference used to be the best thing ever for SDSU, now it's a nothing conference. Convenience is always and easy way out for a hypocrite. Always an excuse for Jackrabbit fans. You'd think they'd have come back to earth after many years of futility out of their basketball program but obviously they never learn. Cain would have 5 dunks and about 8 swats against Suck Dakota State University.

The more I think about it USD wins by 8 in Frost and by 20 at home.
                              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                                That's the spirit! (No pun intended).

Rep points for smacking as it was intended to be! (or at least, as I think it was intended to be!)

People are all just sooooo dammnmmnnnnn SERIOUS!!! Lighten up, people!

It's Frickin' BASKETBALL!!!!
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X