Coyotes humbled again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coyotes humbled again

Prediction: Cain's last game will be the first game of a downhill slide for the Coyote men. (I realize I'm not going out on much of a limb with this guess.)
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Coyotefan ~ Does USD have anyone coming in to bring USD back? This isn't smack it's a serious question. I can't really see that kid from Roosevelt doing much.
      Now wait, he did have 4 pts last night in their loss to Yankton. Off topic, but has there been a more under achieving team than the Roosevelt BBB team the last couple of years?
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        The men's lineup will be Wolters, Dykstra, Heemstra, Horstman, White, Fiegen, Carlson over the next 3 years following this year. (I'm sure I forgot someone) If Nagy can pick up a true big man in Horstman's class or as a Juco. Seriously lookout. These kids could be good. Another backup point guard and a big man would solidify this group. .......

You forgot Sargent, Palarca, Moss, Griff Callahan and Cordova next year and a couple of young guys, Cassady and Rader, who will have two and three years of eligibility left and could be bigger factors than we think. Barring redshirts and injuries, the Jacks could be exceptionally deep.

Comment

USD losses Cain, Smith and Gentry who are all losses no doubt but USD is also in a better position to recruit better players going forward. What they lose in Cain they will somewhat make up for in depth. At this point in transition SDSU was a mess, USD is certainly not that. They are winning road games against actual D1 competition something that SDSU was not doing much of during their second year. Make all the excuses in the book about Cain graduating but it's not like the Yotes are gonna start recruiting a bunch of D2 players to replace them. Actually they are still in the process of fully stocking the cupboard with D1 recruits.

By the way another D1 road win for the Yotes today over Texas Pan American. USD has gotten 3 road wins in their first 4 road games which says alot compared to the 20 something straight road losses in a row for the Jacks against Summit League competition. The Summit is better but not so much so that it excuses such a discrepency in road performance. The Yotes are definately ahead of where the Jacks were in year two. Despite improvement barely beating Centenary and Western Illinois on the road is not enough to make me think USD could not compete with and beat the Jacks. Jacks probably win in Frost but I am fairly confident that USD wins in Vermillion.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Prediction: Cain's last game will be the first game of a downhill slide for the Coyote men. (I realize I'm not going out on much of a limb with this guess.)
            Dave Boots know how to get players new to his program to play well almost right away proven by his NCC title when Cain was a freshman. After losing Mueller and Trofoltz everyone else was claiming the same things about USD's downhill slide. Turner was a once in a generation player until the very next year when Cain somehow became that once in a generation player as well. Of course Jacks fans cannot see how the Yotes could possibly retool but there will be good replacement players that take the place of Smith, Cain and Gentry. It works out quite well that the Yotes will have one year of adjustment before joining the Summit. One thing that has already improved is the outside shooting especially by Jake Thomas. Something that wasn't there over the past couple of years.

I think it's premature to assume that USD as a basketball program will get worse between year 2 to year 4 of their transition because of losing one outstanding player in Cain. I don't see it happening. That doesn't mean USD will win the Summit but it also doesn't mean that they can't be competitive and in the mix to win it either.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

No comparison between Summit and Great West. Seven Summit teams have higher RPI ratings than USD, the top RPI team in the Great West. Nice try, CF.

Jacks would win by 20 in Brookings and 12 in Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                No comparison between Summit and Great West. Seven Summit teams have higher RPI ratings than USD, the top RPI team in the Great West. Nice try, CF.

Jacks would win by 20 in Brookings and 12 in Vermillion.
                So I guess the Jacks are better than Cornell than, since USD only lost to them by 4 or 5 at home. Jacks by 12 in Vermillion, keep dreaming. More like Yotes by 15 in Vermillion and a buzzer beater game in Brookings.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                  So I guess the Jacks are better than Cornell than, since USD only lost to them by 4 or 5 at home. Jacks by 12 in Vermillion, keep dreaming. More like Yotes by 15 in Vermillion and a buzzer beater game in Brookings.
                  No, it's SDSU by six kajillion in Brookings, and by only four kajillion in Vermillion.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yes, Jacks are better than Cornell.

Comment

I just watched the SDSU game against Oral Roberts. If they would have not have been hot from outside they would have been blown out. People say USD looks unathletic. SDSU sure didn't look very athletic in their game against Oral Roberts. No inside game whatsoever.

USD vs SDSU inside = advantage Coyotes
                      USD vs SDSU shooting = draw
                      USD vs SDSU in desirability of program = USD
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        Yes, Jacks are better than Cornell.
                        You obviously have no clue. Cornell is projected as a #10 seed in the NCAA tourney, what is the Jacks projection? Thats what I thought. Based on that comment of you truley thinking SDSU is better than Cornell you obviously don't know basketball very well.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I just watched the SDSU game against Oral Roberts. If they would have not have been hot from outside they would have been blown out. People say USD looks unathletic. SDSU sure didn't look very athletic in their game against Oral Roberts. No inside game whatsoever.

Is there some parallel universe that I am unaware of?
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            Is there some parallel universe that I am unaware of?
                            Clay County, South Dakota.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wrong on all counts. Advantage USD on desirability of program? Are you kidding? Desirability because the Coyotes are playing mostly weenie teams this year?
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Would now be a good time to point out what a terrible logo the new Coyote logo is?

I mean . . . it really is awful--from a logo design point of view, I mean. It's way too detailed, and looks like crap when you see it on a TV broadcast.

SDSU's new logo, on TV, is easy to see and fairly distinctive, too--easily identifiable.

Point SDSU.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X