Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD 09 Football Schedule

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Will you guys acknowledge you're having difficulty spelling acknowledge?

I will. haha

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      Go ahead. I believe we lost and one of our coaches apologized for looking ahead to Montanta the next week instead of preparing for Wisconsin Lacrosse. Yes we lost so have not forgotten, but expecting a close game with Drake is laughable. You can start the huff and puff now if you like. BTW, I dont see Georgia Southern on your schedule yet. When we do, then you might have a legit game to huff and puff about.
      What about Georgia Southern is so large in your eyes?

Seriously

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        What about Georgia Southern is so large in your eyes?

Seriously
        Six-time national champions in FCS (1AA). Seriously.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Will you guys acknowledge you're having difficulty spelling acknowledge?

I just looked at your 2009 schedule, and I will ACKNOWLEDGE that is a darned good one. Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            Six-time national champions in FCS (1AA). Seriously.
            JJ,

I understand that. But to put Georgia Southern ahead of a Big 12 or Big 10 school, ones like we are both going to play, and in your case have played, I wouldn't think playing Georgia Southern is a real big shake.

My guess is that if Georgia Southern had to play in your league week in and week out, they wouldn't have near the record. That's a credit to you and your league.

On the other hand, if Georgia Southern is your "oh boy" team, then so be it. Then you are correct, we don't have Georgia Southern on our schedule, nor do I anticipate we will.

YFE

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
              We did 11 total games, you have 10. We had 8 home games, you have 5. It is pretty similar in teams. It is a good 2nd year schedule, I will give you that. I think USD has an unmeasurable benefit in the fact that it is following SDSU in this. I think we have given the State of South Dakota a positive name in our D-1 tenure, would you acknoldge that? The Great West wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for SDSU and the Summit League wouldn't be courting USD this early either.
              Valleyrabbit,

If you have read my posts this winter and now spring, you would have to admit my posts have been pro SDSU. I supported your basketball teams in conference play, and the Summit Tournament. I surely supported your womens team in the NCAA Tournament. I have openly admitted I have become a fan of Jack sports, and the only time I will cheer against them is when they play USD.

I will admit that SDSU has done a very nice job in representing our state. Probably some will get mad, but the success of the womens sports (volleyball and basketball) has given the state more recognition then anything the mens teams have done. By no means is that a put down, but a fact. Your mens teams have done OK, but nothing earth shattering. You should be proud of where you are at.

My only beef is when so many of the posters come on here and say the same thing over and over and over again. We were first, and USD made fun of us, and blah blah blah. I never once made fun of your move. I also said from the start that I wished all four Dakota schools had stayed D-II. When you left and made the move, we then had no choice. That was a no brainer. But it is irritating as heck to listen "WE WENT FIRST, SO THEREFORE WE ARE GOD" argument.

Move on with it. You have been successful, and you should be proud. But if you poll any leader in any business, sport, or religion, they will tell you that you never ever BUILD YOURSELF UP BY TEARING DOWN SOMEONE ELSE.

I can't wait for football.

Comment

Valleyrabbit,

I can't wait for football.
                Especially the Drake game. I could not resist. After all they are probably not much above a club sport. Sorry I repeat my self. What arrogance.

Comment

JJ,

I understand that. But to put Georgia Southern ahead of a Big 12 or Big 10 school, ones like we are both going to play, and in your case have played, I wouldn't think playing Georgia Southern is a real big shake.

My guess is that if Georgia Southern had to play in your league week in and week out, they wouldn't have near the record. That's a credit to you and your league.

On the other hand, if Georgia Southern is your "oh boy" team, then so be it. Then you are correct, we don't have Georgia Southern on our schedule, nor do I anticipate we will.

YFE
                  I get it. I guess I didn't catch the context. GSU is a good FCS opponent, as you say, and that's a good thing for playoff consideration in FCS. But obviously they're not a good replacement for a FBS game and the big payday you get for those. GSU isn't an "oh boy" opponent for me. Just a quality out-of-conference FCS opponent.

It looks to me like USD's got a good second-year schedule. I, for one, will enjoy following another SD FCS team's progress against some quality opponents. When we play USD, I'll be rooting for SDSU of course, but I think having another FCS program in the state makes it more fun to be an FCS fan here.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Especially the Drake game. I could not resist. After all they are probably not much above a club sport. Sorry I repeat my self. What arrogance.
                    You said it, not me

Comment

I beg to differ. I just wanted to see if you would awknowledge. Your 2nd year had 2 teams non fcs, and Valpo. USD has one. Plus Drake.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is.
                      This is my take on the two schedules for year 2 of transition. The schedule looks pretty similar to me. Now if you were to schedule an 11th game with a FCS school then your schedule would be better than SDSU's 2nd year schedule.

But like you said, it really doesn't matter.

SDSU Opponent _ Schedule Advantage __ USD Opponent 2nd year

UW-Lacrosse
                      Cal Poly ___________ EVEN _____________ Cal Poly
                      UC Davis __________ EVEN _____________ UC Davis
                      Northern Colorado ___ EVEN _____________ Northern Colorado
                      Southern Utah ______ EVEN _____________ Southern Utah
                      Valparaiso __________ EVEN ______________ Drake
                      North Dakota State __ EVEN _____________ UND
                      Montana____________ EVEN _____________ Montana St
                      Georgia Southern ____ EVEN _____________ Northern Iowa
                      Texas State ________ EVEN _____________ Southeastern Louisiana

Comment

I beg to differ. I just wanted to see if you would awknowledge. Your 2nd year had 2 teams non fcs, and Valpo. USD has one. Plus Drake.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is.

Then why the multiple posts?

Comment

"WE WENT FIRST, SO THEREFORE WE ARE GOD"
                          What's to argue with that statement?
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

North Dakota State __ _____EVEN _____________ UND

THATS THE MOST IGNORANT THING I"VE SEEN ON THIS BOARD.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakesbison View Post
                              North Dakota State __ _____EVEN _____________ UND

THATS THE MOST IGNORANT THING I"VE SEEN ON THIS BOARD.
                              I did have the advantage to SDSU (NDSU being more of an advatage) on that one when I first replied, then I edited it. It is more equal on scheduling basis, not on team comparisons (if that makes sense, it probably doesn't but it goes along with this thread).

Comment

Have to agree that SDSU had a slightly better 2nd year schedule. '05 NDSU is slightly better than '09 UND, '05 Montana is a fair bit better than '09 Montana State, and I think '05 Texas State is better than '09 SE Louisiana. I agree the rest are pretty equal. Maybe '09 UNI is better than '05 Georgia Southern, but that's canceled out by, say, UM vs. MSU. With SDSU playing 11 games to USD's 10, you gotta give a small nod to SDSU's schedule. It isn't a big enough difference for SDSU supporters to crow over, but it's enough that USD supporters can't hold it against them.

Comment

Working...
                                X