USD 09 Football Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD 09 Football Schedule

Akron is out but they have another possible team like Akron (can't say more it is rumor). They had the same issues SDSU had in the first years. McNeese, Akron, West Texas AM and Central Arkansas all bailed on the back end of a deal. That's the breaks I guess.
    Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
      Akron is out but they have another possible team like Akron (can't say more it is rumor). They had the same issues SDSU had in the first years. McNeese, Akron, West Texas AM and Central Arkansas all bailed on the back end of a deal. That's the breaks I guess.
      I am surprised that Central Arkansas and McNeese both backed off. I think they found out that football in the Dakotas is not a cake walk. Central Arkansas though not play off eligible managed to win the Southland Conference, and they beat McNeese, who slipped by SDSU on Hobo Day. Both of these Southland games would have been a great games for the yote fans.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
        Made a mistake. Akron did not bail on the back end. They backed out of a game in Akron for reasons speculated above.
        Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Likewise, UCA and McNeese obtained "better" games. McNeese offered another year or the buyout, and USD selected the buyout. Cowboys' replaced USD by working out home/home with App St.

UCA Bears received the game in '08 with Tulsa (FBS payout game). Don't know what happened between UCA & USD.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            They do have some good games on that schedule. Too bad they still have to play those D-III/NAIA schools, but thats the way things go right away as it did with us. I wonder if they got a 2 for 0 with Montana State which tends to be the M.O. in Montana for both universities. I could go without playing those guys (except for playoffs)

The thing that stuck out to me was Meierkort's statement about Cal-Davis. Coach better figure out that its NOT Cal-Davis, but UC Davis. I have heard rumblings that phrasing it as Cal-Davis pisses some people off in California. I am sure he wouldn't like it very much if they referred to udot as South Dakota State - Vermillion. Just saying. I wouldn't like it if an opposing coach didn't know who we were.

E.g., Cal-State Bakersfield vs. UC-Berkeley?

California State vs. University of California. Not the same.

EDIT: Maybe I am way off base and being a bit of a jerk since its USD. Maybe someone from CA can enlighten me.
            I stand corrected but I believe that Montana State does come to Vermillion in either '10 or '11. It was a 2 for 1 deal like UNI.

The Akron game isn't entirely out of question game. The problem stems from Akrons side not the U's. It does involve us being a counter vs. non-counter, but there is more to it than that. If it can get fixed with the NCAA, the game could be back on.

All in all, I like our schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              I stand corrected but I believe that Montana State does come to Vermillion in either '10 or '11. It was a 2 for 1 deal like UNI.
              It is a good schedule. I was referring to how the Montana schools handle their OOC schedule and the way they always go for the buy out rather than travel. Its pretty busch league in my mind. I hope they don't back out on USD.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                It is a good schedule. I was referring to how the Montana schools handle their OOC schedule and the way they always go for the buy out rather than travel. Its pretty busch league in my mind. I hope they don't back out on USD.

I agree. People outside the midwest have trouble honoring commitments. I didn't take your comments any other way than positive. Get my private message?

Comment

I agree. People outside the midwest have trouble honoring commitments. I didn't take your comments any other way than positive. Get my private message?
                  Yeah I did. I appreciate it. I will shoot you a message back tonight. Got to get on the road back to SD right now.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The Akron game isn't entirely out of question game. The problem stems from Akrons side not the U's. It does involve us being a counter vs. non-counter, but there is more to it than that. If it can get fixed with the NCAA, the game could be back on.

All in all, I like our schedule.
                    Don't count on Montana St. ever playing in the dome. Better chance UNC will give you a return game but that's no guarantee either. I'm certain the Athletic Department at the U is well aware of this. I'm guessing they have or are working on alternatives if a the expected buyout is offered.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

We know all about 2-for-1 deals with Montana schools.

Though with this being Montana State -- and not the U -- you can expect a much higher level of integrity.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Not a bad schedule. Also, has it been noted on this forum that USD has scheduled Wisconsin in 2011? http://www.badgerbeat.com/news/article/id/440681

Comment

Don't look now the mighty Yotes just added a non-scholarship team in Drake to the 09 schedule. Most casual fans don't even know that Drake is non-scholarship program and I bet USD will not exactly broadcast it to the public!

Comment

I'm not one to defend them at any chance but wouldn't you say that playing Drake in their second year of transition would be similar to us playing Valparaiso in our second year?
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Isn't that the game we just beat the daylights out of Valpo? A day or two later, the Valpo coach said his teams would never again play a scholarship program (the season before, NDSU tore them apart by about the same margin).

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                Isn't that the game we just beat the daylights out of Valpo? A day or two later, the Valpo coach said his teams would never again play a scholarship program (the season before, NDSU tore them apart by about the same margin).
                                This is my recollection. Also Drake has been on Morningside's schedule a few times since they left the NCC. The games have been close. USD could save some travel money and hook up with Morningside along with Drake. That would give the yotes some to huff and puff about, namely another lopsided victory.

Comment

Working...
                                X