USD 09 Football Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD 09 Football Schedule

Personally I have been hard on the Yotes and their scheduling practices but I am actually OK with the Drake game regardless if they are non schollie or not. It's better than playing a NAIA game or many D2 games.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      Personally I have been hard on the Yotes and their scheduling practices but I am actually OK with the Drake game regardless if they are non schollie or not. It's better than playing a NAIA game or many D2 games.
      Not much. If it didn't have the name Drake than it would be the cause of additional criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Not much. If it didn't have the name Drake than it would be the cause of additional criticism.
        Just for the record. SDSU in season #2 of their transition to D-I played the following schedule in football of opponents not FCS.

Wisonsin LaCrosse
        Missouri Rolla

It also included Valpo, which has been recognized, as being FCS but non-schlorship.

Season #3

Wisonsin LaCrosse
        William Penn (yes, the exact same one you are now making such fun of)

It wasn't until your 4th season of transition that you had a complete FCS schedule. I know USD is playing Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Central Florida for sure the next 3 years. I hope we also have a full D-I schedule, but my point is this: Many of you have made fun of our schedule when in reality, your schedule would be deemed as softer than ours.

Your AD probably had the same scheduling problems USD has encountered, so therefore, don't go make fun of something that you already have done.

I would argue with some of you that the future without a legit D-I football league doesn't bode well for us. That I do hope gets rectified. But please don't make fun of the past, when all the things you are making fun of us about you yourselves have done, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          This is my recollection. Also Drake has been on Morningside's schedule a few times since they left the NCC. The games have been close. USD could save some travel money and hook up with Morningside along with Drake. That would give the yotes some to huff and puff about, namely another lopsided victory.
          Much like you are huffing and puffing about with a resounding 34-3 win over William Penn in year three of transition? Not that 34-3 is totally lopsided. Do I even dare to bring up Wisconsin Lacrosse in transition year 3? Nope, I won't do that

Comment

Drake is indeed a very similar game to our Valpo game a few years back. I think we scored 70 in that one, and USD will probably hang 70 on Drake. Scholarships or no, it's a better game than the one it replaces.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
              Just for the record. SDSU in season #2 of their transition to D-I played the following schedule in football of opponents not FCS.

Wisonsin LaCrosse
              Missouri Rolla

It also included Valpo, which has been recognized, as being FCS but non-schlorship.

Season #3

Wisonsin LaCrosse
              William Penn (yes, the exact same one you are now making such fun of)

It wasn't until your 4th season of transition that you had a complete FCS schedule. I know USD is playing Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Central Florida for sure the next 3 years. I hope we also have a full D-I schedule, but my point is this: Many of you have made fun of our schedule when in reality, your schedule would be deemed as softer than ours.

Your AD probably had the same scheduling problems USD has encountered, so therefore, don't go make fun of something that you already have done.

I would argue with some of you that the future without a legit D-I football league doesn't bode well for us. That I do hope gets rectified. But please don't make fun of the past, when all the things you are making fun of us about you yourselves have done, and more.
              Granted your 2009 schedule is a huge improvement over 2008. Let me remind you SDSU in it's first year never stooped to your level of scheduling which included St Ambrose,Culver-Stockton, Missouri S&T and North Greenville. I have never heard of these schools. Our non FCS games in our first year were at least against known DII schools Winona State, Western Oregon and Augustana.

Comment

Granted your 2009 schedule is a huge improvement over 2008. Let me remind you SDSU in it's first year never stooped to your level of scheduling which included St Ambrose,Culver-Stockton, Missouri S&T and North Greenville. I have never heard of these schools. Our non FCS games in our first year were at least against known DII schools Winona State, Western Oregon and Augustana.
                Missouri S&T = Missouri Rolla

Just an FYI

Comment

If I agree with you on our first year schedule, would you then agree USD didn't stoop to your level year 2?

Comment

If I agree with you on our first year schedule, would you then agree USD didn't stoop to your level year 2?
                    I would say Year 2 for both schools look pretty similar.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Drake is indeed a very similar game to our Valpo game a few years back. I think we scored 70 in that one, and USD will probably hang 70 on Drake. Scholarships or no, it's a better game than the one it replaces.
                      I'll note that Drake tagged MVFC-mate IL St with a loss in 2007, and has had games with UNI frequently in the past. If, during transition, Jacks had worked out a home/home with Drake, I would have been good with it.

Drake has usually been in the top 1/3 of the Pioneer League, battling San Diego and Dayton for the title.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        I'll note that Drake tagged MVFC-mate IL St with a loss in 2007, and has had games with UNI frequently in the past. If, during transition, Jacks had worked out a home/home with Drake, I would have been good with it.

Drake has usually been in the top 1/3 of the Pioneer League, battling San Diego and Dayton for the title.
                        I for one don't think Drake is an automatic win. I would assume we should win, but that is no given. I think a home/home with Drake would be good also.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          I would say Year 2 for both schools look pretty similar.
                          I beg to differ. I just wanted to see if you would awknowledge. Your 2nd year had 2 teams non fcs, and Valpo. USD has one. Plus Drake.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is.

Comment

I beg to differ. I just wanted to see if you would awknowledge. Your 2nd year had 2 teams non fcs, and Valpo. USD has one. Plus Drake.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter. It is what it is.
                            We did 11 total games, you have 10. We had 8 home games, you have 5. It is pretty similar in teams. It is a good 2nd year schedule, I will give you that. I think USD has an unmeasurable benefit in the fact that it is following SDSU in this. I think we have given the State of South Dakota a positive name in our D-1 tenure, would you acknoldge that? The Great West wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for SDSU and the Summit League wouldn't be courting USD this early either.
                            Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Much like you are huffing and puffing about with a resounding 34-3 win over William Penn in year three of transition? Not that 34-3 is totally lopsided. Do I even dare to bring up Wisconsin Lacrosse in transition year 3? Nope, I won't do that
                              Go ahead. I believe we lost and one of our coaches apologized for looking ahead to Montanta the next week instead of preparing for Wisconsin Lacrosse. Yes we lost so have not forgotten, but expecting a close game with Drake is laughable. You can start the huff and puff now if you like. BTW, I dont see Georgia Southern on your schedule yet. When we do, then you might have a legit game to huff and puff about.

Comment

Will you guys acknowledge you're having difficulty spelling acknowledge?

Comment

Working...
                                X