Busy Day on USD Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Busy Day on USD Board

I used to date a girl who's mom made the best strawberry rhubarb pie. Holy crap it was amazing. Honestly I miss the pie way more than I miss the ex.
    Last edited by State_fan; 12-11-2008, 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

it's kind of sad that I used to spend so much time hating USD; but they don't even have fans that genuinely care about their teams. Unless they just haven't figured out the internet yet.

Do you guys every wonder what the conversations between Mick and TV are like? Mick --- Hey Terry, how was your live chat?
      Terry --- It was great, I fielded 60 questions in 60 minutes. How was your chat?
      Mick --- Well, no USD fans actually posted, so some of my buddies at Kelo asked all the questions. By the way, your tan looks great Terry. Did you just get back from Mexico?

Comment

Seriously though...we had so many pies on Thanksgiving.

1 pumpkin
        1 apple
        1 banana creme
        1 lemon marang (sp)
        1 blueberry
        1 pecan
        1 chocolate
        1 cherry

It. Was. Awesome.

Oh, and rep pts to CSU....that's exactly what I was thinking.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          I make a great lemon chiffon pie. Next to the taste, the best thing about it is that it is yellow, not red.

I don't think I've had any of that, but I do recall some really FINE lime cheesecake.

I spent the afternoon grilling 20 lbs of chicken wings for Mrs. Walrus's Christmas party at work. The irony there is that she is a cook at an assisted living facility.
          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
            I don't think I've had any of that, but I do recall some really FINE lime cheesecake.

I spent the afternoon grilling 20 lbs of chicken wings for Mrs. Walrus's Christmas party at work. The irony there is that she is a cook at an assisted living facility.

I didn't grill 20lbs of chicken wings but did eat 20 chicken wings at our Christmas party at work the other night.

Comment

Mmm. Chicken wings.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

My brother barfed up about 12 chicken wings the night of the NDSU game. Not so much mmmmmm.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  My brother barfed up about 12 chicken wings the night of the NDSU game. Not so much mmmmmm.
                  Definitely better going down than coming up . . . especially if originally washed down with beer.

Not that I know anything about that, of course . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                    I like a warm apple pie al a mode.
                    Me too!

Go State!

Comment

I just want to know why chicken/buffalo wings are so dang good. It must be the vinegar.

Did you know some people drink straight vinegar? I don't think it's good enough to do that, but man it tastes good on a small bony piece of meat!

Fun Vinegar Facts:

1. Vinegar helps a person feel full, which reduces the amount of food consumed.

2. Vinegar does not effectively treat lice, acne, or fungus, however....

3. A little bit of vinegar mixed with water is a home remedy for minor topical and v a g i n a l yeast infections for hundreds of years.

4. Vinegar can be mixed with heated milk to create a type of plastic.

5. Vinegar can be used as a herbicide.

6. Vinegar can be used to clean rust from metal and cleaing ice skate blades.

7. Vinegar can be used as a fabric softener. Simply dump a half cup to the rinse cycle.

8. A few tablespoons of white vinegar mixed with a few teaspoons of common table salt makes an excellent cleanser for cleaning badly-stained stainless steel cookware. This vinegar and salt mixture also can remove oxidation from copper-clad cookware and make it shine with practically no rubbing required.

9. There such a thing as Vinegar Pie - didn't have that pie at thanksgiving...

10. Vinegar made from beer is produced in Germany, Austria, and the Netherlands. Although its flavor depends on the particular type of beer from which it is made, it often is described as having a malty taste. That produced in Bavaria, is a light golden color with a very sharp and not-overly-complex flavor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Man talk about thread drift. From USed to pie to vinegar, Where to now? Christmas party and New Years Eve hangover remedies?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          Man talk about thread drift. From USed to pie to vinegar, Where to now? Christmas party and New Years Eve hangover remedies?
                          Hangover remedy: Bloody Mary + a ton of football.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

How quick they forget. On the USD board, if you havent read, which you could pretty much read the whole thing in the next 10 minutes if youve got the time to waste. They have a particular poster there who was very quick to dismiss UMD winning the D-2 football title. Was it not just one short year ago when we mentioned how watered down D-2 was, yet yote fans would swear they were in the greatest league ever and they won because they were so dominate? Not that they were not playing as many good teams as they were previous years, and playing a weaker schedule as to their sucsess. Now they say UMD would not have even made the playoffs if USD was still D-2. Just like USD would not have either if NDSU and SDSU were D-2 the years they made the playoffs. Classic USD thinking behavior. D-2 is bad now just because we are no longer apart of it. As he says, "All the UMD win did was confirm for me that Division 2 is a shell of its former self and that USD is now in the proper division." What an goofball. Go to the fan board for a good laugh. read the previous 10 posts, which pretty much sums up everything for the last week on there. http://coyotesports.proboards100.com/index.cgi
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

UMD beat GV and NWMSU to do it. Anyone that tries to discredit that doesn't know what they are talking about.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                                UMD beat GV and NWMSU to do it. Anyone that tries to discredit that doesn't know what they are talking about.
                                Thats what I was thinking too. They might have not had as difficult of a regular season, but beating those teams cements they were diserving. Just try to explain that to a few dense yote fans.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X