Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Busy Day on USD Board

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Thats what I was thinking too. They might have not had as difficult of a regular season, but beating those teams cements they were diserving. Just try to explain that to a few dense yote fans.
    Dude, that board is ridiculous. Its like entering La La Land. I read some of the posts over there and seriously laughed out loud. Not even kidding. Its just strange to me they rag us about of academic offerings. I don't get that at all. I do think that a couple posters over there make some good comments and do offer some very insightful thoughts, but there are some doozies as well. Too bad they can't get more people with good thoughts involved to drown out some of the crazy.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
      Dude, that board is ridiculous. Its like entering La La Land. I read some of the posts over there and seriously laughed out loud. Not even kidding. Its just strange to me they rag us about of academic offerings. I don't get that at all. I do think that a couple posters over there make some good comments and do offer some very insightful thoughts, but there are some doozies as well. Too bad they can't get more people with good thoughts involved to drown out some of the crazy.
      I don't go there ever, but I do know that CoyoteFan and Yote53 are both very intelligent posters.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
        I don't go there ever, but I do know that CoyoteFan and Yote53 are both very intelligent posters.
        Your good at making jokes. I was going to say something to insult um also, but you got um with a doozy there.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
          But seriously, they say something that just make you laugh. Some are insightful and actually agree with. I believe filbert had a post on their site saying how we would as fans from rival schools have more incommon then we dont. They laught at the things we say and we laught about the posts they make. You get the feeling that they are experiencing the same things we went through the transition with. They think we are arrogant, we think they are. Whose right? Well we are, thats obvious. When will they learn? im guessin never.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I usually don't post here much anymore, just read because it is entertaining. But, yeah, that was my post on the USD board you are discussing. You need to read the whole thing, I gave explanations. UMD was no good last year and I didn't see anything special out of them, or NWMSU for that matter, in the NC game. Even USD beat UMD on the road last year, and USD has a hard time beating any good teams on the road. They would not have gotten through an NCC schedule and made the playoffs this year given the schedule they would have faced. You cannot really compare the NCC sans the SU's with an NSIC schedule. As for their playoff run, they beat Chadron without their QB, GV without their RB, a weak PSAC school, and NWMSU who has a hard time closing the deal.

You don't really want to get into an argument over which board is more delusional. I can make a case that this place is delusional. Just read the "Million Dollar Game" thread. Of course I expect that, we are on different sides of the fence, delusion is only a matter of your perspective. What really bothers me about some people here is the total arrogance. You moved four years ahead of us, it's not like you are in the Big Ten! Four years, in the long run, will mean nothing. What would you all say if next year the U's were invited to the Big Sky? Huh, not saying it will happen, but what if? Who's in a better position then? Point is, things can change awful fast.

D2 didn't get weak in one year, it has been progressive, and it's because of the NCC breakup over the years. I am glad USD finally moved on, and I was not one of those against a D1 move, I think the whole conference should have done it about 15 years ago, at least. The final sign of the apocolypse coming to D2 is an NSIC team winning the NC.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
              I usually don't post here much anymore, just read because it is entertaining. But, yeah, that was my post on the USD board you are discussing. You need to read the whole thing, I gave explanations. UMD was no good last year and I didn't see anything special out of them, or NWMSU for that matter, in the NC game. Even USD beat UMD on the road last year, and USD has a hard time beating any good teams on the road. They would not have gotten through an NCC schedule and made the playoffs this year given the schedule they would have faced. You cannot really compare the NCC sans the SU's with an NSIC schedule. As for their playoff run, they beat Chadron without their QB, GV without their RB, a weak PSAC school, and NWMSU who has a hard time closing the deal.

You don't really want to get into an argument over which board is more delusional. I can make a case that this place is delusional. Just read the "Million Dollar Game" thread. Of course I expect that, we are on different sides of the fence, delusion is only a matter of your perspective. What really bothers me about some people here is the total arrogance. You moved four years ahead of us, it's not like you are in the Big Ten! Four years, in the long run, will mean nothing. What would you all say if next year the U's were invited to the Big Sky? Huh, not saying it will happen, but what if? Who's in a better position then? Point is, things can change awful fast.

D2 didn't get weak in one year, it has been progressive, and it's because of the NCC breakup over the years. I am glad USD finally moved on, and I was not one of those against a D1 move, I think the whole conference should have done it about 15 years ago, at least. The final sign of the apocolypse coming to D2 is an NSIC team winning the NC.
              A Udot fan calling SDSU fans arrogant, perfect for the smack board. Why would you even suggest that the Big Sky would invite the U's? Are you delusional? Thats not to say they won't but what facts do you have to suggest that is even a realistic possibility?

I think you could argue that the MVFC is equivalent to the Big Ten in the FCS category of DI programs. Clearly, the Summit League is not. The Great West is what it is largely because of SDSU and NDSU. The Summit League has benefited emensely from the addition of SDSU and NDSU, not sure you could say the U's would provide the same benefit to any conference. Not say they can't just not sure you can say that.

The point you so conveniently choose not to highlight is that the majority of Udot supporters wished nothing but ill will towards SDSU when we made the decision to move to DI. The U decided without any facts and with a clear lack of insight and foresight to remain DII. Then, when it became pain stakingly clear that the quality of DII was indeed faltering (SDSU and NDSU admin made this clear years ago) the admin at the U should have swallowed their pride and ate some crow. Instead, they declared that the wisdom and patience shown allowed them to observe as we blazed the trail to DI. The time was now right to move up. Fact is, they had no choice and should have plainly said it that way.

Understand this, Udot could have equal or even greater success than we have had. Anything can happen. However, way too many yote supporters have used tried to support the argument that their relative success in the NCC and DII after the departures of SDSU, NDSU and UNC means that the transition will be easier. That just doesn't hold water. It would be like saying UMD should move up to DI based on this years NC in DII football. Its ridiculous to suggest things like this and some of us have called out Udot fans when they did just that!! I hope this makes some sort of sense.

We were better at the DII level and we are better at the DI level. I expect that to continue and right now the facts support SDSU. Emotions aside, you have to admit that Udot would be pleased to be in the position we are right now. You can't say the reverse as it applies to SDSU. That could change but that doesn't change anything right now and we live in the present.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What really bothers me about some people here is the total arrogance.
                Well . . . you're a poopybutt. And your feet stink. And your mama wears army boots. And you've got a funny haircut. And you eat worms. Big, fat, slimy ones. And . . . and . . . and you're a USD fan!!

Take that!

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Poopybutt. That's good, suprised that made it through the profanity check.

Comment

Poopybutt. That's good, suprised that made it through the profanity check.
                    Yeah, it's nice and childish. One of my favorite words. I like ironic humor . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think the whole conference should have done it about 15 years ago, at least.

I'm glad they waited until they did or I wouldn't have been able to be a scholarship athlete at SDSU.

Comment

Members of Coyotesports.com gather for their yearly membership meeting and retreat.

Comment

A somewhat interesting topic. In all honestly I don't think USD or SDSU have been top tier programs all around in D2. Neither has done much in football but USD holds the upper hand in accomplishments. SDSU has the upper hand by a small amount in mens basketball but ever since the Jacks made the 1985 final game neither has made a real legit run at a championship. In fact neither barely made the elite 8. Womens basketball came on very strong in the last few years at State but before that UND and NDSU were just too dominate to overcome. I would say both schools were moderately successfull but neither can claim dominance at the D2 level. UND and NDSU were both more successfull collectively at the D2 level than either USD or SDSU. UND has an awsome hockey tradition and NDSU an awsome football tradition. The SD's don't really have any one sport they were dominant in. In all other athletics SDSU had the edge, especially in women's sports.
                          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                            A somewhat interesting topic. In all honestly I don't think USD or SDSU have been top tier programs all around in D2. Neither has done much in football but USD holds the upper hand in accomplishments. SDSU has the upper hand by a small amount in mens basketball but ever since the Jacks made the 1985 final game neither has made a real legit run at a championship. In fact neither barely made the elite 8. Womens basketball came on very strong in the last few years at State but before that UND and NDSU were just too dominate to overcome. I would say both schools were moderately successfull but neither can claim dominance at the D2 level. UND and NDSU were both more successfull collectively at the D2 level than either USD or SDSU. UND has an awsome hockey tradition and NDSU an awsome football tradition. The SD's don't really have any one sport they were dominant in. In all other athletics SDSU had the edge, especially in women's sports.
                            Reasonable assessment but not quite giving SDSU men's and women's basketball the credit they deserve. If not for a couple of huge upsets in regional championship games we would have had 4 elite 8 appearances in our last 9 years of DII in mens ball.

1995-96 24-5 Scott Nagy NCC Champion, North Central Regional Second Place
                            1996-97 25-5 Scott Nagy NCC Champion, North Central Regional Champion
                            1997-98 26-3 Scott Nagy NCC Champion, North Central Regional Second Place
                            1998-99 17-10 Scott Nagy
                            1999-2000 21-9 Scott Nagy North Central Regional Qualifier
                            2000-01 22-7 Scott Nagy North Central Regional Qualifier
                            2001-02 24-6 Scott Nagy NCC Champion, North Central Regional Second Place
                            2002-03 24-7 Scott Nagy North Central Regional Qualifier
                            2003-04 27-7 Scott Nagy North Central Regional Qualifier

Since AJ took over we were arguably the dominant team in the nation at the DII level.

2000-01 15-12 Aaron Johnston
                            2001-02 28-9 Aaron Johnston North Central Regional Champion, Division II Semifinalist
                            2002-03 32-3 Aaron Johnston NCC Co-Champion, North Central Regional Champion, NCAA Division II Champion
                            2003-04 26-7 Aaron Johnston NCC Co-Champion, North Central Regional Champion

Now, I've been about the most outspoken person when I say performance at the DII level does not NECESSARILY translate to the DI level. It may or may not be relevant depending on the sport and the commitment to the changes necessary with the move up. Heck, we all had egg on our face when the move to DI was announced and everyone just presumed Coach Nagy and the men's program would lead the way. The lay person was naive if they held that view. Fortunately those in charge did their homework and despite the expected difficulties with transition things are more than on the right track. Will we be able to say the same thing about USD in the future? Time will tell but relative comparisons based on performance in a not as prestigious NCC and DII designation aren't NECESSARILY good indicators to say that we will.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The SD's don't really have any one sport they were dominant in. In all other athletics SDSU had the edge, especially in women's sports.
                              Cross country. The SDSU men won more NCC Cross Country Championships than all the other schools COMBINED. SDSU's Women's Cross Country, while not as dominant, was still, year-in-and-year-out, the best overall program.

Comment

WOW! CF, maybe its the cold weather that has you so confused?

Lets start with all the accomplishments that USD has in football over SDSU. I must have missed the listing of the accomplishments? What were they? The most recent football archieves has SDSU holding a 25 to 18 advantage over the Yotes. UND and NDSU did have excellent programs for many years and clearly led the way for Dll football nationally. The Jacks have taken a little shine off that Bison football program as of late.

WBB has a 46 - 21 win / loss record over the Yotes which includes 22 wins in a row. The Lady Jacks won conference, regional championships and a national championship even after we sent (1) of the best ever to play womens BB in South Dakota (Mandy Koupal) to you. We still won. Did UND and NDSU have quality programs? Yes. The Jacks competed the Yotes did not. The road to a national championship certainly went through the ND schools.

MBB and again the archieves show that SDSU holds a 114 - 87 advantage over the Yotes. JackMD listed in a previous post just all the ACCOMPLISHMENTS that Jacks MBB had. Since the Jacks moved up to Dl the best men's basketball program in the state has been Northern University. Go Wolves.

Does UND have a highly regarded hockey program? Absolutely. But, outside of 5 or 6 states no one gives a *%$@ about hockey.

I'll wait for that list of football accomplisments.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
                                X