Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Tailgating

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    I guess we quit talking about USD tailgating because there just isn't anything to talk about.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I went to an USD tailgate last year. 1RF must have been there too because his description above is absolutely perfect in every detail?
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
      Back in my Mankato State days we used to get Leinencoolgles (sp) for a couple of dollars a case and return the bottles for a free case every now and then. Now it's a "designer" beer sold for more money at the fancy bars. Anyone ever have Yingling Beer from Pennsylvania?
      Yuengling is great stuff. When I was in DC that is all I drank. Too bad we can't get it west of the Ohio river though. And I understand some of your opinions of not drinking and seeing it cause issues with people. I also agree with 1st Row, a good craft beer is hard to beat and can be very rewarding when you find one you really like. I just would like to remind everyone of what Ben Franklin, a great American inventor and founding father once said,

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Oh, and the 'Yotes have a seriously weak tailgate. Not impressed, but I guess since I will never be forced to attend one (unless we play them again some day in Vermintown) I won't cry over it. Go Jacks.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Enjoying the taste of a good beer or two is not the same as getting blitzed. Beer and wine are for our pleasure but are not to be abused. Psalm 104:15

Comment

Couple of other beers I recommend for SDSU tailgaters and fans. These beers are much too good for Udot fans, they should stick to the Natty light and Special Export.

For SDSU fans:

Black Dog Ale from the Spanish Peaks Brewery in Montana - damn good stuff.

Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada - best seasonal Ale IMHO, strong stuff, be careful one is more than enough.

Erdinger - Classic Bavarian wheat beer, crisp and smooth, pour half of the bottle slowly into a chilled glass, swirl the bottle to pick up any sediment and pour the rest.

I've got the truck loaded, just need to pick up the kids and their car seats after work. Then its of to Brookings for the big game tomorrow. The YJC site will be up at rolling at 1:00 pm sharp.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Couple of other beers I recommend for SDSU tailgaters and fans. These beers are much too good for Udot fans, they should stick to the Natty light and Special Export.

For SDSU fans:

Black Dog Ale from the Spanish Peaks Brewery in Montana - damn good stuff. Honey Raspberry Wheat, THAT I'LL HUNT DOWN!!!!

Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada - best seasonal Ale IMHO, strong stuff, be careful one is more than enough.

Erdinger - Classic Bavarian wheat beer, crisp and smooth, pour half of the bottle slowly into a chilled glass, swirl the bottle to pick up any sediment and pour the rest.

I've got the truck loaded, just need to pick up the kids and their car seats after work. Then its of to Brookings for the big game tomorrow. The YJC site will be up at rolling at 1:00 pm sharp.

Thanks for the great tailgating last week, and may we be so fortunate to see another win like YSU. Expect a tighter game, but still believe Jacks will thump Leathernecks tomorrow!

SE LA should be a tight game for the Prairie Puppies. Be interesting to see if the Great West can build back the domination of the Southland schools that XDSU enjoyed. Know the Yotes are all wet, but with Ike in the area, they should find their running game collapsed, and no aerial support. Bet the Yote road support matches the Penguins at the Cereal Bowl. All 40 of them.

Comment

Hehehe...nice off-topic...yet...on-topic smack.

Ale sounds a lot better than beer to me. I don't know why.

I think I'm just to cheap to drink alcoholic beverages.... Mello Yello and barq's rootbeer are so much cheaper!

I do get some rum around Christmas time though to put in egg nog. That is good.

Oh and USD tailgating blows, and stuff.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

For SDSU fans:

Black Dog Ale from the Spanish Peaks Brewery in Montana - damn good stuff.

And this must not be forgotten: If consume any of the beverages in this list while tailgating, you are following the doctor's exact recommendation...

Comment

I've been brewing my own beer for about 6 years now. It's relatively easy to do if you get good ingredients and are diligent about cleanliness and sanitizing your equipment. With minimal effort and some patience you can drink some of the best beer around. I have a dual tap kegorator currently dispensing a basic, but hearty Pale Ale on one side and a dynamite Lager on the other. The lager's about tapped out, but man is it good. Good beer is definitely like a good wine. Pairing it with food and cheese brings out flavors and complexities in a good beer and makes for a pretty enjoyable drinking experience. One of the benefits of moving to Milwaukee. Lots of good beer and cheese at every turn.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                    I've been brewing my own beer for about 6 years now. It's relatively easy to do if you get good ingredients and are diligent about cleanliness and sanitizing your equipment. With minimal effort and some patience you can drink some of the best beer around. I have a dual tap kegorator currently dispensing a basic, but hearty Pale Ale on one side and a dynamite Lager on the other. The lager's about tapped out, but man is it good. Good beer is definitely like a good wine. Pairing it with food and cheese brings out flavors and complexities in a good beer and makes for a pretty enjoyable drinking experience. One of the benefits of moving to Milwaukee. Lots of good beer and cheese at every turn.
                    Where did you get your "kegorator". I'm in the market for a new one. The old fridge with we converted to a "kegorator" has about had it. Right now we have all the couplings for CO2 and the proper tap for American as well as Scotish kegs. They are easy to obtain over the internet and perhaps thats the best place to get the "kegorator". Let me know where you got yours. Ours usually has an OML keg in it with Newcastle reserved for special events. We keep it at the hunting lodge back home.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wasn't necessarily meaning to combine casual beer drinking to going over board with it, but obviously the two can be connected often. If there was no alchohol in beer (which obviously some don't have) I wouldn't just sit down and drink non alcoholic because the taste isn't all that great to me. I also wouldn't sit down and drink too many soda pops if they had alcohol in it because I prefer the feeling of being sober. I can't say it's terrible to be just a bit buzzed but I definately don't like the feeling of what would be over the legal limit to drive.

As far as the relevance to tail gaiting I guess alcohol is a big part of it. I would definatey take the brat or burger as the most important consumtion part of the tailgate. There is nothing like a good barbeque.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Where did you get your "kegorator". I'm in the market for a new one. The old fridge with we converted to a "kegorator" has about had it. Right now we have all the couplings for CO2 and the proper tap for American as well as Scotish kegs. They are easy to obtain over the internet and perhaps thats the best place to get the "kegorator". Let me know where you got yours. Ours usually has an OML keg in it with Newcastle reserved for special events. We keep it at the hunting lodge back home.
                        Bought a mini-fridge from best buy, bought a cool double tap from a bar that went belly-up, bought the equipment for CO2 and beer lines at my local home brew supplier and followed some conversion instructions I found on the internet.

Or you could do what my brother-in-law did and just buy a pre-made kegorator at Best Buy. I think he paid approx $300-400 for his. Mine was about $200 when all was said and done - and is a double tap where his is a single tap.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I'll try to post a photo so you can see what I'm talking about. I'll give you specifics if it looks like something you're interested in making.

Comment

I built a kegorator a couple years ago. Got it at this website:

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-...lio-cid-4.html

Works good. It takes a little tweaking to get the mixture right, but it does the trick. I've always wanted to build it in a kelvinator, but I had to settle for a regular upright fridge. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                            X