USD Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD Tailgating

Spent many days on a hill on our side of the border looking at the Tecate Brewery in Tecate, Mexico. Kind of wished I had one on some of those days when it was 100+.

Comment

mmmm.....beer.....

Tried the The Sixth Glass from the Boulevard Smokestack Series this past weekend. Thought it was very good, though plenty stout!

Also love Mexican beers, had some Modelo, Pacifico, and Corona for a grillout last weekend and loved the green bottled Dos-X when I was in Mazatlan for Spring Break back in college.

Comment

Carta Blanca, very good

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
          My brother's departure from John's was due to graduation from U of I. So he was put into a sort of "forced retirement" and had to grow up.

I think it is Boulevard brewing that has come out with their "Smokehouse Series". there are 5 beers in the series and they are awesome. I personally like the IPA but the others are also complex and full of flavor. Check them out.

I should add that while I like and appreciate the high end beers, my "bread and butter" are those that were left in the past and are commonly referred to as crappy beers. My favorites and everyday beers are PBR, Old Style, Hamms, Old Mil Light, Leinie's Original (excellent), even Bud. Anything that tastes like real beer instead of the light crap that everyone else drinks.
          Wow. You're not such a bad guy after all. I LOVE Old Mil Light. If I want OML on tap head to Carpy's. I drink it on tap every Thursday.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Schell's is another good one as is Grainbelt, mmm Minnesota beer

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              Wow. You're not such a bad guy after all. I LOVE Old Mil Light. If I want OML on tap head to Carpy's. I drink it on tap every Thursday.
              I doubt there are many people in the world that love Old Milwaukee light more than I do. My youngest brother might be close but other than him I have yet to find anyone else. Come to my house or my tailgate site or my hunting lodge or my parents house and you will always be able to enjoy the "cool blue brew". Of course, when I started drinking it it was in a red labeled can like the heavy but with stripes. I hated the silver can but I am a big fan of the current color scheme. Right now I have 3 twelve packs of bottles in my beer fridge and two 30-packs ready for the tailgate on Saturday.

Carpy's is a decent place made that much better by the presence of OML on draft. If you tried OML and didn't like it you need to try it again. OML is THE BEST American light lager available. The taste is great and the price is right. If you are craving an OML on Saturday stop by the Yankton Jackrabbit Tailgate site, I should have one or two unless its close to game time.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You see, we might bleed Coyote Red or Jackrabbit Blue, but we are all South Dakotans here, and we all love beer. As I sit here typing, sucking down an ice cold PBR, with some Old Mil Light (The Cool Blue Brew) in reserve in the fridge...

I have to stop, I'm getting this warm fuzzy feeling.

Happy tailgating this weekend.

Comment

You see, we might bleed Coyote Red or Jackrabbit Blue, but we are all South Dakotans here, and we all love beer. As I sit here typing, sucking down an ice cold PBR, with some Old Mil Light (The Cool Blue Brew) in reserve in the fridge...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3x10...eature=related

This one will make you cry. I hope the Coyote poop you pick up is dry.
                  Last edited by 2002jack; 09-11-2008, 10:15 PM.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'm rather fond of Newcastle myself. Quite frankly, it's the only consumable imported from England that I have found to be worth the effort.
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Actually I don't really like Beer all that much. I liked it the most when I was a child and my father let me take a sip of his. I like the taste back then but once high school kicked in and I had to wake up to the after effects I learned that it was really nothing all that great. I have nothing against beer or drinking I just barely ever do it anymore. I prefer the feeling of being sober to being buzzed or drunk. I am probably in the minority there. I don't really get it why it is such a socially acceptable thing to drink. I liked it back when I was younger but I guess it hasn't stayed with me through time.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        Actually I don't really like Beer all that much. I liked it the most when I was a child and my father let me take a sip of his. I like the taste back then but once high school kicked in and I had to wake up to the after effects I learned that it was really nothing all that great. I have nothing against beer or drinking I just barely ever do it anymore. I prefer the feeling of being sober to being buzzed or drunk. I am probably in the minority there. I don't really get it why it is such a socially acceptable thing to drink. I liked it back when I was younger but I guess it hasn't stayed with me through time.
                        I'm actually with you on that, CF. I don't drink much anymore at all. Maybe a beer a week. Maybe none. Like you, beer drinking just sort of became less and less a part of my life.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Back in my Mankato State days we used to get Leinencoolgles (sp) for a couple of dollars a case and return the bottles for a free case every now and then. Now it's a "designer" beer sold for more money at the fancy bars. Anyone ever have Yingling Beer from Pennsylvania?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            I'm actually with you on that, CF. I don't drink much anymore at all. Maybe a beer a week. Maybe none. Like you, beer drinking just sort of became less and less a part of my life.
                            I guess my thoughts are more on partying and out of control drinking but.....

I'm with you both. Several things shaped my views on alcohol, including my parents past with it. Thank God they quit and straightened up their lives.

A. Whats the point...you drink and drink and the next day, you don't even remember what you did (and most likely you'd be glad) the night before. (I know, some people to don't drink to drunkeness...but most do)
                            2. It's expensive as hell. A lot of (most) people who drink, can't afford it.
                            D. Beer seems so hick to me.

Don't get me wrong, I did party a few times in tech school, but I realized it was a huge waste of money and didn't want to go down the same road as some of my ancestors.

Now, all that said....there is nothing like a beer and a cigar after the first time you mow the lawn in the spring. That's pretty much the extent of my "drinking".

Flame on.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Enjoying a well crafted beer is not the same as getting blitzed and we seem to be mixing ideas. Good beer is a much more complex beverage than wine and many spirits. Balancing all the ingredients to get it just right ... Anyway I thought this was supposed to be USD tailgating smack thread. Since I have helped get it of track, I will try and bring it back. I guess we quit talking about USD tailgating because there just isn't anything to talk about. Two posts for everyone at tailgate.

I know I am no good at smack, so if CF & Yote53 don't blast this out of the water let us return to the discussion of great beers.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                                ... Anyway I thought this was supposed to be USD tailgating smack thread. Since I have helped get it of track, I will try and bring it back. I guess we quit talking about USD tailgating because there just isn't anything to talk about.
                                Yeah, that!

USD tailgating sucks!!!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X