USD Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USD Tailgating

I happen to come a cross the week end of the St Ambrose tailgating. Looks exciting does it not?

http://media.www.volanteonline.com/m...mlemailedition

Re: USD Tailgating

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I happen to come a cross the week end of the St Ambrose tailgating. Looks exciting does it not?

That is HI-larious!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thousands checked into the residence halls throughout the morning and afternoon, all were given tickets to the game and tailgate celebration, hundreds made the event
      More self smack from SD's U. There are some things that you just can't make up.

Comment

I roamed the tailgate area at USD last season prior to the USD/SCSU game. Other than a fat chick in a denim mini skirt rolling in the grass and showing that sparsely populated part of the world her purple undies (thankfully, it wasn't a thong), there wasn't much going on. The video does show some improvement over their D-II tailgating!
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Early estimates from USD's athletic dept put the number of tailgaters at 50,000...
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

I just happened to be browsing through the University of South Dakota Student Newspaper, ,The Volante, and its online addition and just happened to come across these photos. Give me a break. Admit it. You read the USD school paper. You don't just happen to come across that. Just like you just happened to walk in on your mom and dad "wrestling" when you were a kid.

BTW, those aren't even pictures of the tailgate, that was another event happening east of the Dome by the tennis courts. But nice try.

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
              I just happened to be browsing through the University of South Dakota Student Newspaper, ,The Volante, and its online addition and just happened to come across these photos. Give me a break. Admit it. You read the USD school paper. You don't just happen to come across that. Just like you just happened to walk in on your mom and dad "wrestling" when you were a kid.

BTW, those aren't even pictures of the tailgate, that was another event happening east of the Dome by the tennis courts. But nice try.
              Yote 53:
              BTW I am interested in what is going on at the second largest state assisted school, but that hardly envy. Don't think I will be rushing down to Verminland to tailgate either. I might instead go to the local barber shop and watch a good hair cut.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 09-09-2008, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I thought this would be of interest as well. Video clips of Abbott talking about the bids for the Student Center.

http://media.www.volanteonline.com/m...ntedstoriestab

I personally like President Abbott, but you can tell from the clips that he has his work cut out for him. Hardly makes me a mangy dog lover.
                Last edited by Nidaros; 09-09-2008, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Something's been bothering me about this picture but I couldn't put my finger on it until just now... There is no beer in a single one of those pictures. Why do they hate America? I mean, look at the lot north of CAS - there's beer...

That gameday dressup thing isn't working too well, but hey - not only do they have beer, but they have good taste in beer.

*sorry 'bout reposting the pic from BV - just felt a little appropriate here and couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by UTH View Post
                    Something's been bothering me about this picture but I couldn't put my finger on it until just now... There is no beer in a single one of those pictures. Why do they hate America? I mean, look at the lot north of CAS - there's beer...

That gameday dressup thing isn't working too well, but hey - not only do they have beer, but they have good taste in beer.

*sorry 'bout reposting the pic from BV - just felt a little appropriate here and couldn't resist
                    Stella, stella.......

As far as Belgium beers go there are a lot better choices. I recommend Piraat. Great picture though.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Stella, stella.......

As far as Belgium beers go there are a lot better choices. I recommend Piraat. Great picture though.
                      Permission to continue threadjacking toward tailgating w/ beer?...

This is true. I loooooove Belgian beer, though - it's hard to go wrong anywhere in BeNeLux. Their trappist beers are my favorite. Best for me is the lighter Koningshoeven. Yummy for me, but wow it's spendy.

Where can you get Piraat??? That's an ale, right?

Comment

This is true. I loooooove Belgian beer, though - it's hard to go wrong anywhere in BeNeLux. Their trappist beers are my favorite. Best for me is the lighter Koningshoeven. Yummy for me, but wow it's spendy.

It's a USD thread. It's designed to be threadjacked.

Carry on . . .
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Yote53 View Post
                          Give me a break. Admit it. You read the USD school paper. You don't just happen to come across that.
                          All right, I admit it. I've been outed . . . as a cheapskate. I'm too cheap to pay good money for The Enquirer!
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Its a triple abbey ale. I get it in Rochester, MN. I don't know of anyplace in South Dakota. You use to be able to get it in Iowa City but I haven't checked in a while.

The local brew pub in Yankton had St. Bernardus on draft for a while. It was alright. You can get the Trappist ales in a bottle.

Not sure if you can have beer shipped to North Dakota. If so, check out this website from Iowa City. You can get just about anything your heart would desire.

http://www.johnsgrocery.com/Departments/Beer/index.cfm

Comment

Thousands checked into the dorms but only 500 showed up for the party, sad when you have to give tickets away to boost attendance. That should come to an end when the prairie puppies have to start paying good FCS schools to come to the dump.

Comment

Working...
                              X