Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNI Downs USD, But Coyotes Gain Respect

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
    Can we really say that the Jacks have faired much better than they Yotes this year. Blown out at Iowa St (can't make any comparisons though), played very ragged for the most part at Stephen F Austin and lost just as badly or worse than the Yotes at UNI. You cannot fairly argue the competition level of FCS as far as the Yotes are concerned until they get a fair amount of home games to make a valid argument. Just look at your own Missouri Valley Conference. How have the road teams been fairing so far, thats right not very well. No one has pulled off a significant road win yet. SDSU has won vs NDSU, vs Western Illinios and vs Youngstown. How have those games gone when you have gone on the road? Not very well.

USD is a jeckly and hype football team when it comes to road vs home. They need some home games before you can truley measure the overall competition level of FCS. I think that is a more than fair statement.
    What are you smoking today Coyote Fan?

USD has beaten an NAIA and a DII team while SDSU has beaten 3 FCS teams including two that were ranked at the time. We beat SFA on the road, who in case you didn't notice, beat SLA last night. We also just lost in triple overtime the the #4 team in the nation while you got destroyed by Cal Poly (49-22 is alot closer than the actual game was, Cal Poly could have tossed up 60 on you if they'd wanted to). Iowa St. gave Kansas all they could handle last night and we played our worst game of the season against them.

I don't think we are a top 10 team yet, but I do think we are a top 25 team based on our games through half the season. Hopefully we get healthy over the bye week and show that when we meet up with Cal Poly on the 18th. That game will be another indicator of how our two teams compare.

Good luck in your upcoming DII and NAIA games, maybe you can win a couple of them and get your record back to .500.

Comment

I remember our "moral victories" quite fondly, too.

But then we grew up.

We don't HOPE to win, we EXPECT to win. I was disappointed with yesterday's game. We should have won, but didn't. But that's the way it happens.

Tell ya what, Coyote Fan, get a win against an ACTUAL D-I team first, then spout off on OUR BOARD about OUR TEAM. Until then, STFU and enjoy your inflated wins over NAIA schools.
      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Can we really say that the Jacks have faired much better than they Yotes this year. Blown out at Iowa St (can't make any comparisons though), played very ragged for the most part at Stephen F Austin and lost just as badly or worse than the Yotes at UNI. You cannot fairly argue the competition level of FCS as far as the Yotes are concerned until they get a fair amount of home games to make a valid argument. Just look at your own Missouri Valley Conference. How have the road teams been fairing so far, thats right not very well. No one has pulled off a significant road win yet. SDSU has won vs NDSU, vs Western Illinios and vs Youngstown. How have those games gone when you have gone on the road? Not very well.

USD is a jeckly and hype football team when it comes to road vs home. They need some home games before you can truley measure the overall competition level of FCS. I think that is a more than fair statement.
        With all due respect, sir, you are an idiot. We can absolutely say the Jacks have done much much much better than the mutts. Remind me again how many wins you have against FCS teams? Zero? Oh yeah and the Jacks have three........one of which was on the dreaded "road". I could careless if we should have lost that game....it's a W in the win column. We took the #4 team in the country to the limit and were banged up a bit to boot. When you wipe the table with a lesser division team it's not gonna impress us on this board. Beat an established, good FCS team and we can talk.

Wow....just wow.

Comment

I don't partake in smack very often, but what you pulled yesterday, coming on OUR board to run your mouth after we played the number 4 team in the nation to the wire, and if not for a fluke play, would have beat. You went and got absolutely destroyed by Cal Poly, a great team, but a team we have beaten the last 2 years, and yes one of those was in their place. We got blown out against Iowa State because we turned the ball over constantly. The games when we went to Western Illinois last was a 4 OT game so don't act like we got blown out, the game when we went to Youngstown State last year, they scored late for the win, again don't act like we were blown out. Both of those games were very winnable, we didn't execute down the stretch, other than your game against SeLa, you can't say that.

I guess this evens out the breaks a bit. A game that SDSU had no business winning last week against Stephen F. Austin and they get that one. In game today where McNeese got lucky where they were a dead team walking on the 4th down play turns into a win for them. A fortunate win followed by an unfortunate loss.
          I'm going to address this in the smack section, to keep it off the football board, where it doesn't belong. This is completely uncalled for, you have no business here. Don't go saying I see things through blue and yellow glasses, that was a cheap shot that had no business here. Yeah you guys look great playing Culver Stockton or whoever the heck it was, a team that hadn't scored all year but managed to score against you guys even if it was against the scrubs. You're right, we really had no business winning for two-and-a-half quarters against SFA, but we didn't give up, which I'm not sure if you could say it about the pups, we battled back and made some huge plays to get the win. You guys haven't gained any respect from anyone, you make scores look close against good teams because they are so far ahead in the fourth they start putting in the 2nd and 3rd stingers, don't say you gained anything, you haven't gained anything to me.

Comment

Wow.

Can you count? Let me run you through this for about the hundredth time. You have about 36 scholarships to give to contributing players this year, the same as you had in D2. Most of your 23 new scholarships are given to players who are redshirting. So you're basically the same team you were last year. You've lost to teams with 63 scholarships, most of those represented by players who actually play. So if we're clear on the math (63 > 36) it's easy to understand that you've lost badly in most of your FCS games because those teams are:

A) more talented
            B) much deeper

That's the difference between D2 and FCS. You're still basically a D2 program. I've been saying for months now that you'd get a good measure of your team against Cal Poly because you've never run into players like Ramses Barden before. Well, what do you know. Of course you then suggest it doesn't count. Thus, I can only conclude you have had a break with reality.

As for who is having a better season, I think maybe that proves even more clearly that you need psychiatric intervention. USD has never won a game against an FCS team. We have won three this year (heard of Youngstown, Western Illinois, and SFA?... By the way SFA beat one of the teams you lost to last night). And we lost to the #4 team in the country in 3 OTs. Meanwhile, you've had your rear ends handed to you in a couple of FCS games and have performed adequately in two others. Lest we forget, your wins have come against Culver Stockton College of Restaurant Management and the St. Ambrose College of Court Stenograpy.

Come back here and bark when you win an FCS game... So I guess we'll see you next year. I never thought I'd root for SUU, a team whose players seem to major in personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct, but you're making me consider it.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I now understand your reasoning. Its matches your education, both are missing something. Perhaps you should read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson before using sophisticated descriptors like jeckly and hype.

Comment

Now, I know this is smack but thought I would throw something out there just for the purpose of informing.

With the conversion from DII its likely that the 36 scholarships were spread out across 60-70 remaining players in fractions of a scholarship. If the coaching staff did it right they only brought in 17-18 freshman on scholarship and distributed the rest to the existing players to balance out classes. So in reality they are more than likely 2-3 years away from having real D-I depth. Its the same reason why SDSU is still struggling a little with depth in some positions. It will be another year when we should start to see the full results of being at 63.
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                  I now understand your reasoning. Its matches your education, both are missing something. Perhaps you should read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson before using sophisticated descriptors like jeckly and hype.

I LOVE IT! jeckly and hype.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I LOVE IT! jeckly and hype.
                    I thought that was a pretty good play on words, actually. CF isn't that bad a guy, pretty reasonable fan but just stuck in a delusion. DII teams even at the top of that level CANNOT compete week in and week out against FCS teams. There is no such thing as a home only schedule, unless you're Nebraska and they still lost 2 of the first 5. Udot may still succeed eventually but guys like CF look stupid when they suggest they were ready right away. We went into transition prepared to get our butts handed to us by FCS teams, for the most part we did. They guys in charge sat down and figures out that we better ramp things up in a hurry and we've done that. SDSU is LEAP YEARS ahead of where Udot is right now. The yotes and their smarter fans aspire to be like SDSU. I think CF would admit that in a private conversation.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I still haven't heard anyone address the fact that USD is yet to play a home game against a D1 FCS school. The Coyotes have played exclusively a road FCS schedule. If SDSU had played road games only I am sure their record wouldn't be as good either. That is why you can't judge USD until they get through next years schedule. It will be pretty well balanced between home and road FCS games so more can be drawn from that. As far as the Yotes their best team was in 2005. They had a minimum of 3 FCS caliber players in Beschorner, Logan and Gearman. There were probably more but those 3 stand out the most.

I don't count any of the non D1 games in my evaluation either because no one on the schedule that is non D1 isn't worthy this year. As far as I am concerned USD is 0-4 on the year with 4 road games and no home games. They have simply had the other teams hold serve. USD will get their chance next season.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

BTW, administrators I think some of the SDSU fans on this thread have gone over the line where some banning might be in order. I keep it clean without name calling. If I would have done what they had done I would have been banned.
                        How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I still haven't heard anyone address the fact that USD is yet to play a home game against a D1 FCS school. The Coyotes have played exclusively a road FCS schedule. If SDSU had played road games only I am sure their record wouldn't be as good either. That is why you can't judge USD until they get through next years schedule. It will be pretty well balanced between home and road FCS games so more can be drawn from that. As far as the Yotes their best team was in 2005. They had a minimum of 3 FCS caliber players in Beschorner, Logan and Gearman. There were probably more but those 3 stand out the most.

I don't count any of the non D1 games in my evaluation either because no one on the schedule that is non D1 isn't worthy this year. As far as I am concerned USD is 0-4 on the year with 4 road games and no home games. They have simply had the other teams hold serve. USD will get their chance next season.
                          Here you go CF, our transitional year we played UC Davis, Cal Poly, Southern, Georgia Southern, Montana State, Southern Utah and Northern Colorado on the road with our home games being Winona State, Western Oregon, NDSU, and Augie. So it looks like we did play most of our D-I schedule on the road and we got road wins against D-I opponents in Southern and Northern Colorado. We lost by 7 to Cal Poly, Montana State by 3 and Southern Utah by 6 and the other 2 being of the blowout variety. We finished 6-5 and that was with 4 home games against a tougher schedule because we didn't schedule Culver Stockton and the other cupcakes USD did. Take it for what it's worth

Comment

BTW, administrators I think some of the SDSU fans on this thread have gone over the line where some banning might be in order. I keep it clean without name calling. If I would have done what they had done I would have been banned.

Went back and skimmed through this thread real quick... So somebody gets called an 'idiot' once - just once. Even in that post, the 'bully' is still criticizing only the behavior. It's sorta interesting that a person's skin can be so thin, to the point that poor baby* wants to have some people banned. Funny.

Help is on the way...

*name used to describe behavior
                            **sorry 'bout that b!tc#e$ thing. time saved not fixing is worth more than poor baby's* feelings.

Comment

If Cal Poly is able to do that to USD in the Dakotadome in a couple of years I will buy into the fact that FCS is quite a bit better. I predicted this game was going to be the worse loss of the year as soon as the schedule came out. Many things were pointing for a tough game for the Yotes tonight. I am not at all surprised. D2 = can't win any tough road games. D1 = same thing. No surprises here.
                              This is exactly our point when we say that DII can't compete week in week out with FCS. In a couple years, USD will have 2 years under their belt and will be that much closer to an actual FCS roster of players. Right now, USD is basically a DII team playing half its schedule against NAIA schools and half against FCS teams.

To hold onto this idea that the top of DII is the same as FCS is simply delusional. Get a clue.

(BTW, even if all USD's FCS games would have been played at the Dump, the best USD could hope for would be a 2-2 record, and I think even that is unlikely.)
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I still haven't heard anyone address the fact that USD is yet to play a home game against a D1 FCS school. The Coyotes have played exclusively a road FCS schedule. If SDSU had played road games only I am sure their record wouldn't be as good either. That is why you can't judge USD until they get through next years schedule.
                                Oh, goodness. First it's the D2=FCS baloney and now the "road games don't count" silliness again. You need to deal with reality: You don't get to play them all at home, so you win or lose with the schedule you have. We played most of our FCS games on the road at first, and as has been mentioned, won a couple of them on the road that first year. It's looking more likely that USD won't get an FCS win at all this year since SUU is your only FCS counter left, and the Thunderjerks are playing pretty well.

The argument used to be that USD was better positioned to move to FCS than SDSU because of your awesome record against the lame NCC of the past several years. When USD doesn't win any FCS games, I guess it confirms two things: FCS actually IS better and; the NCC of the past couple years WAS lame.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X